Resurrecting the Joke Thread

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Oldfart. 
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

You are old if you have dialed a phone number and didn't quite get the dial all the way around and had to redial the whole number all over again.

You are old if you read the previous one and understood it.

You are old if you ever used your toes to change the channel.

You are old, if you were Dad's remote control for the tv.

You are old if, you were told many times to sit down in the car.

You are old if you wouldn't have been caught wearing a helmet bike riding.

You are old if you kept match books as much for 8 track tapes, as you did for smoking.

You are old if having to turn to channel 56 meant using a different dial on the tv.

You are old if sitting 10 feet from the phone to talk was a luxury, but you had to be careful what the cord got hooked on.

You are old if a belt had multiple uses and children's services never got called.

You are old if you could buy a candy bar, pop and comic book for a dollar and still have change left.

You are old if you went to the store to get cigarettes for your parents with a note from them or you just went to a vending machine to get them.

You are old if a tv show came on and you missed it, because you were out playing and had to wait for it to come on again to watch it.

I can check off every bleeping one of them!
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little Military humor

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two friends were playing golf when one pulled out a cigar but he did not have a lighter so he asked his friend if he had one.

"I sure do," he replied and reached into his golf bag and pulled
    out a 12 inch Bic lighter.

"Wow!" said his friend, "Where did you get that monster?"

"I got it from my genie."

"You have a genie?" he asked. "Yes, he is right here in my golf bag."

"Could I see him?"

He opened his golf bag and out popped the genie. The friend turned to the genie and said,

"I am a good friend of your master. Will you grant me one wish?"

"Yes I will," the genie said.

"I wish for a million bucks!"

The genie hopped back into the golf bag and left him standing there waiting for his wish to be delivered.

Suddenly the sky began to darken and the sound of a million ducks flying overhead was heard.

The friend turned to his golfing partner, "I asked for a million bucks not ducks!"

"I forgot to tell you the genie is hard of hearing. Do you really think I asked him for a 12 inch Bic?"

From Cigars Magazine
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Aaieeee, she's lovely......  :p
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man  is a shame, two is a law firm, And three or more is a congress. – John Adams
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ this video:

https://youtu.be/DaROVfgxv-4

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Yep. It's a joke, alright. 

Now, you go sit in the corner for a timeout, Gibby @jgibv. Shame on you.....   >:)
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet again Nish demonstrates his huge douchiness!  
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yet again Nish demonstrates his huge douchiness!  
    "IT'S LIKE A PARTY IN YOUR MOUTH!!!!"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,877 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Nish'n Magician!

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guy (Fred) gets fed up with modern society, and decides to become a monk.  At the monastery, the head monk tells him the rules, one of which is it's a silent monastery, and you're only allowed 2 words every 5 years.

So five years go by, and Fred goes to the head monk and tells him, "Food bad." The head monk registers the comment, and Fred goes back to the silence.

After ten years, Fred uses his 2 words to tell the head monk, "Bed hard" and again, goes back to the silence.

At the fifteen year mark, Fred goes to the head monk and this time his 2 words are, "I quit".  To which the head monk replies, "It doesn't surprise me.  Ever since you got here, all you've done is complain."
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Why is it.......

It can be 80 degrees and the toilet seat is 30 degrees?

In the dark, you can't find anything, but your feet can find every Hot Wheels and legos left on the floor?

That apple vinegar tastes nothing like apples?

Every creak in the house wakes you up, but you can sleep right through the alarm?

And why does the shower water go cold when the toilet flushes, why not hot? 

Yes, I'm bored.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Why is it.......

It can be 80 degrees and the toilet seat is 30 degrees?

In the dark, you can't find anything, but your feet can find every Hot Wheels and legos left on the floor?

That apple vinegar tastes nothing like apples?

Every creak in the house wakes you up, but you can sleep right through the alarm?

And why does the shower water go cold when the toilet flushes, why not hot? 

Yes, I'm bored.
    You have a tendo widdo tushy
    Your toes are down where the leggos live
    It turned to vinegar
    If you had wanted to wake up you wouldn't have set an alarm
    The toilet only uses cold water

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missing Cigar
    A man walks into a dimly lit bar and the bartender asks him "Why is the front of your shirt all bloody"
    His customer answers in a slurred voice "My wife caught me with another woman and cut off my ****."
    "Oh come on" replies the bartender.
    The customer then says "If you don't believe me, I'll show you."
    He proceeds to rifle through his suitcase and pulls out this long thin thing and lays it on the bar.
    The bartender bends down and looks closely and says "Why this is just a cigar".
    The customer looks puzzled and says "I have it here somewhere" and proceeds to fumble through his other pockets and comes up with another long thin thing and placing it on the bar, and says "See that".
    The bartender again inspects it closely and says "You **** that's just another cigar."
    Now the customer staggers backward and steadies himself, leaning on the bar and with awareness in his shaky voice says "Son of a ****, I must have smoked it!"
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    ElJimboElJimbo Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    What is the mating call of the Blonde?
    -I'm Drunk!

What is the mating call of the Ugly Blonde?
    -I said, "I'm Drunk!"

What is the mating call of the Brunette?
    -Next!

What is the mating call of the Redhead?
    -Is that Blonde gone yet?

https://youtu.be/-ea_y8zpzqU
    ¡Prefiero morir de pie que vivir siempre arrodillado! -General Zapata
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    An 85-year-old man goes to see his doctor for his regular physical exam. The doctor says that the man needs to provide a seamen sample and gives him a jar saying, "Take this jar home with you and come back tomorrow with a seamen sample."

The next day the old man goes back to the doctors and gives him the jar, which is as clean and empty as when the doctor gave it to him. So the doctor asks what happened and why there is no sperm sample in the jar. The old man says, "Well, doc, it's like this... first I tried with my right hand, but nothing. Then I tried with my left hand, but still nothing. Then I asked my wife for help. She tried with her right hand - nothing; then with her left, still nothing. She tried with her mouth, first with the teeth in, then with her teeth out, still nothing. We even called up Maisie, the lady next door and she tried too, first with both hands, then an armpit, and she even tried squeezing it between her knees, but still nothing."

The doctor is really shocked by all this and asks incredulously, "You asked your neighbor???"

The old man replies, "Yep, not one of us could get the jar open."

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Late one night this guy is speeding down the empty road. A cop sees him go flying past so chases him and pulls him over. The cop goes up to the car and when the man rolls down the window, he asks, "Are you aware of how fast you were going, sir?"

The man replies, "Yes I am. I'm trying to escape a robbery I got involved in."

The cop looks at him disbelievingly and asks him, "Were you the one being robbed, sir?"

The man casually replies, "Oh no, I was the one who committed the robbery. I was escaping."

The cop is shocked and surprised that the man has admitted this so freely. He says, "So you're telling me you were speeding...AND committed a robbery?"

"Oh yes," replies the man calmly. "I have all the loot in the back."

The cop is now starting to get angry and says, "Sir, I'm afraid you have to come with me" as he reaches into the window to take the car keys out of the ignition.

The man shouts, "Don't do that! I'm afraid that you'll find the gun in my glove compartment!" At this the cop pulls his hand out of the window and says, "Wait here" as he returns to his car and calls for backup.

Soon there are cars, cops and helicopters all over, everywhere you look. The man is quickly dragged out of his car, handcuffed and taken towards a cop car. However, just before he is put in the car and taken away a cop walks up to him and says, while pointing at the cop that pulled him over, "Sir, this officer tells us that you had committed a robbery, had stolen loot in the trunk of your car, and had a loaded gun in your glove compartment. However, we didn't find any of these things in your car."

The man replies, "Yeah, and I bet that liar said I was speeding too!"