Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I made this.

Comments

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:
    I made a cigar rest from a used cutter.

Am I the only one who’s thinking,… “Are you my 5yr old grandson?” I’ve been assuming you were older. Well, congrats on outliving most of us. (There I go assuming again.)

Kidding... we Love ya, Bob.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Made these for the front porch.

You need tic-tac-toe lessons

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:

@Bob_Luken said:
    I made a cigar rest from a used cutter.

Am I the only one who’s thinking,… “Are you my 5yr old grandson?” I’ve been assuming you were older. Well, congrats on outliving most of us. (There I go assuming again.)

Kidding... we Love ya, Bob.

I was thinking, "every cutter I have is a used cutter"

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    Now why would I do that when I already have a perfectly good grill cooler combo in the backyard?

That looks like Satan's toilet...

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@MrShrek said:
    Now why would I do that when I already have a perfectly good grill cooler combo in the backyard?

That looks like Satan's toilet...

Looks like some visited the pepper palace

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^how are you gonna mow with that contraption

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

How much do you charge to sharpen our blades, Dave?

• Options

Wow, that's pretty powerful.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was seeking to create a visual sense of motion and a intellectual suggestion of the Vietnam war with this piece. War never leaves those who experienced it.
    I'm currently working on a mixed media piece about the mass shootings of the grandparents in Buffalo and the children and teachers in Texas. This new work will take a while as there are a lot of visual elements that I have to suggest without being to literate.

• Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭

@MrShrek said:
    My son and his girlfriend nabbed it thinking they were going to make a go cart out of it 🤦‍♂️ It will be returned after the chickens are too big for it.

So you are OK with your son being a common petty criminal? Obviously, you are, since you posted about it on social media.
    Not every petty criminal turns into a felon, but every felon started out as a petty criminal.....

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sasquatch said:

@MrShrek said:
    My son and his girlfriend nabbed it thinking they were going to make a go cart out of it 🤦‍♂️ It will be returned after the chickens are too big for it.

So you are OK with your son being a common petty criminal? Obviously, you are, since you posted about it on social media.
    Not every petty criminal turns into a felon, but every felon started out as a petty criminal.....

You ok my man? No need to be a hardo towards a contributing member and putting him on blast publicly like that. A simple PM voicing your concern to the OP may have been more appropriate. Guarantee you've done much worse in life then swipe a shopping cart. But with the price of wood being what it is, I guess it is cheaper to build a glass house.

Thanks for your everlasting contribution to this forum!

• Options

The world has really gone downhill when we openly flaunt a disregard for law & order. A PM. Why? He posted his son's crime openly and of his own free will for all the world to see. So why hide a reply in a PM? I guess that our society has sunk to the level of "Awww shucks it's just a shopping cart." and fallen off of the idea that it is still a crime big or small.
    Glass house principal is making an excuse for the criminal and doesn't apply in any shape to my original comment. In fact this attitude breeds more of these "quality of life" type crimes.
    Do I think it is the biggest crime ever? Of course not! It also shouldn't be treated with impunity and ignored. The stolen property should be returned, not after you have run out of uses for the stolen cart and son punished appropriately.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

How much over the speed limit did you drive to work today?

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sasquatch said:
    The world has really gone downhill when we openly flaunt a disregard for law & order. A PM. Why? He posted his son's crime openly and of his own free will for all the world to see. So why hide a reply in a PM? I guess that our society has sunk to the level of "Awww shucks it's just a shopping cart." and fallen off of the idea that it is still a crime big or small.
    Glass house principal is making an excuse for the criminal and doesn't apply in any shape to my original comment. In fact this attitude breeds more of these "quality of life" type crimes.
    Do I think it is the biggest crime ever? Of course not! It also shouldn't be treated with impunity and ignored. The stolen property should be returned, not after you have run out of uses for the stolen cart and son punished appropriately.

This kind of stuff happened back in the day as well, bud. This shopping cart does not represent a new low or anything remotely like it. You are overreacting.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

@Patrickbrick said:

A silly question that actually proves my point. How many mph over the speed limit before we care that it is a crime? 5, 10, 50 I guess you can pick your level of lawlessness according to your pocketbook & not your morals.
    A quick question for you. How much can you steal in $ amount before it is punishable? $5, $10, $50? Are you going to justify a property crime against yourself with the silly position that you sped to work that morning?

You are absolutely correct this is not new. Common theft has been around since dawn of time. What is new is posting about crime on social media. Everybody seems ok with petty theft. At what point does it become a crime?
    Should he ask his son to shoplift $100 (wild guess with cart value) from the same grocery store?

I'll repeat the question. Should he ask his son to shoplift $100 (wild guess with cart value) from the same grocery store?
    Did your answer change and do you think it is just a laughable petty crime.

• Options

@Sasquatch said:

@Patrickbrick said:

A silly question that actually proves my point. How many mph over the speed limit before we care that it is a crime? 5, 10, 50 I guess you can pick your level of lawlessness according to your pocketbook & not your morals.
    A quick question for you. How much can you steal in $ amount before it is punishable? $5, $10, $50? Are you going to justify a property crime against yourself with the silly position that you sped to work that morning?

You are absolutely correct this is not new. Common theft has been around since dawn of time. What is new is posting about crime on social media. Everybody seems ok with petty theft. At what point does it become a crime?
    Should he ask his son to shoplift $100 (wild guess with cart value) from the same grocery store?

I'll repeat the question. Should he ask his son to shoplift $100 (wild guess with cart value) from the same grocery store?
    Did your answer change and do you think it is just a laughable petty crime.

Oh I think there is something in there that's laughable. 🫢

• Options

I mean..... you're on a forum.... where members regularly....... regularly smoke Cuban cigars....... just a heads up