Home General Discussion
Options

FDA Regulation Update

Comments

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, I still can't figure out how to do that on my pad.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they trying to save us from ourselves, **** ****
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All premium cigars are made out of the same ingredients. It's a bullsh't ploy for money to even pretend their is anything for the FDA to do with them.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    All premium cigars are made out of the same ingredients. It's a bullsh't ploy for money to even pretend their is anything for the FDA to do with them.
    Amen.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jarublajarubla Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand there is a revision that passed putting the date to current, instead of pre 3007.

I posted this in another group. Hopefully people keep pushing back!!

"I am glad for this, however it feels that these new regulations are following a well established method; new regs are introduced as a massive and sweeping change. Think a 'big bite'. People get pissed and push back, contacting their reps, and we get a revision. The thing which irks me, is the revision, instead of being a total throw out, is still more restrictive than what it was before. This seems like a part of the plan; take a big bite, and when folks call you (politicians) out on it, show how much you are willing to compromise by taking a smaller bite. Truth is, they're still taking a bite. It just feels like more government creep. The slow juggernaut rolling forward, taking more. I hope people remain pissed about it and keep pushing back."

“There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3007 would be great.. generations would be able to smoke freely
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    ^Dammit, if only
    “There’ll be two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will read ’em but all that’s gonna matter is that little dash between ’em.” -Kevin Welch
  • Options
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    where has that cigar been young man, I'll bet Hilary hates cigars
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah vapes can suck it lol but true actual smokers go for it!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    BTTT
  • Options
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    This all because of obamacare. To generate millions of tax dollars to give to insurance companies so the won't bale out of the exchanges. I'm an American frankly I don't trust any of them in Washington.  Keep your hands off our damn cigars!  >:)
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a note from my senatecritter:

Dear Edward,

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns regarding Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulation of the premium cigar industry.

As you know, the FDA recently finalized a rule that would make e-cigarette, cigars, and other tobacco products subject to Tobacco Control Act regulations. I support the FDA's view that these products comply with certain regulations, including a ban on sales to minors, a requirement to disclose all ingredients, and a requirement to display a health warning on product packages and advertisements. It is important that all applicable products are covered by this regulation in order to create a fair and transparent market. I do not support efforts like the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act to change the "grandfather date," or the Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2015 that would exempt more products from Tobacco Control Act regulations.

Although we disagree, I appreciate your reaching out to me about this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about issues of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Signature

Elizabeth Warren
    United States Senator

• Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad day, complete BS but at least you got a reply.

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very well thought out and straight to the point, hope it is easy for Senator Warren to see that though sadly it is likely to be completely dismissed :(

Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amen
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small victory, but hopefully the first of many.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that today on CA. Yes, small but good news. 

I also read a little more on the "approval process" as well. Although they make about zero sense, there are some channels to approval that do not seem as burdensome as the originally quoted $100k. 

For example, a manufacturer can claim that their cigar is very similar to a grandfathered product and fill out an expedited form.  (It seems to me most cigars could fit this? I'm not sure how strict they plan on being with tobacco leaf strains and curing or fermentation processes).

Hope to see more common sense prevail in the future.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common sense and government in the same sentance???? Pshhhhhh. 

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Options
    F*CK the FDA
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 labels per box. That may not be enough for us dum-dums who obviously don't notice the ones already in place. 

What is the marginal purchase decision that is changed by a point of purchase sign?? Does that idiot even exist.

This is all to increase the cost and burden on manufactures in hopes that it will push the price up. A clever tax but not a tax.  Cost is what drives decisions, not pictures of diseased lungs on a box. Come on... a form to explain how the manufacturer will comply with warning labels? BS.

LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Cue Pelirojo blaming Bush for this also. 
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    RolanddeschainRolanddeschain Posts: 898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people (FDA) who have told us that Glyphosate is safe are the people telling us that cigars need to be more heavily regulated.........bunch of a$$hats.....
    Long days and pleasant nights,

Roland
  • Options
    jgibv said:
    Usaf06 said:
    F*CK the FDA
    your tax dollars at work.....

GET OUT AND VOTE in the upcoming presidential and congressional races.

Learn about your local candidates and let's elect some representatives with common sense!
    I wish my state worked like this, but sadly they roll out a bunch of whores.  Hell most of past governors, and such are in jail.  These people don't give two **** about what's good, better, best for the general populas, it's about getting theirs.  This is strictly my opinion, based on who they give me, in my state to vote for.
    MOW badge received.