Home General Discussion
Options

FDA Regulation Update

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    They are going after everything, and anything "they" deem "bad". This is what scares me.

It's what "they" do. Lie and steal, bait and switch, build a platform and then jerk the rug out from underneath anyone trusting enough to stand on it. It's Racketeering on a grand scale, and since they own the big guns and the prisons, there's no stopping them. Democrats and Republicans are just two factions in our One-Party System, which belongs heart and soul to a loosely affiliated coven of millionaires and billionaires. (Apologies to Paul Simon for slightly altering his words.)

When we protest, they entertain us with Congressional Committees on steroid use in baseball, or Benghazi, or January 6th, or requirements for bathrooms, or any other such nonsense. Red Herrings.

I know, some of us here have faith in "the System". I'm just not one of them. Perhaps the system as it was envisioned, but the reality has always fallen short. Why, then, do I opine? Because saying nothing leads to more of the same.

Will my opinions ever matter?

Probably not, they'll be rationalized away as old-fashioned idealism. Don't care. I'm that curmudgeon who believes that I should state what I believe is right, knowing that it won't have traction. Oh well, so what?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    After they're done going after guns they will go after premiums.

Then we have nothing to worry about. Apparently, guns are more important in this country than starving children.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Speaking of Red Herrings...2 fine examples, one from either side of the aisle. In neither case does the example pointed to have anything whatsoever to do with the article in question. Emotional manipulation designed to raise enough "concern" or fury to drown out what's actually being discussed. So it goes.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@ShawnOL said:

Then we have nothing to worry about. Apparently, guns are more important in this country than starving children.

I'm still trying to figure out why the government is hell bound on me taking care of other peoples children and them for that matter. Don't get me wrong I'm all for helping the kids, just not the parents. If the products actually went were they were supposed to I wouldn't be so sore about it. The fact remains if the kid is not being fed, feed the kid/kids not the parents too. They are adults and should be able to take care of them selves. Oh wait.......

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@ShawnOL said:

Any hungry child is a purely parental problem. Food is freely available, from government as well as charitable sources. Why such a triggering comment?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Oh stop it you guys. Just having a little fun. All I'm saying is that if the government is coming for our cigars after they take our guns, them we have nothing to worry about because guns are never going away in this country.

My comment about starving kids just means that guns are the single most important topic in this country today, bar none, for many people, even though it is actually trivial compared to many other items, such as starving children.

I thumb all of this shīt out on my phone and sometimes I make it short, but Jesus you always assume the worst.

And for the record, you're wrong on starving children.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

Starving children are awesome. The starvinger, the better.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited June 2021

You won't be saying that when Beto comes to take your guns...

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Lol, love ya Frank!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Adults to that don't feed their kids deserve to die.

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    I love getting disagrees for saying feed kids, not able bodied lazy ass adults.

Sh!7 you haven’t seen anything come to California and see the real Sh!7$how!

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options

Lol, I live in Illinois, Chicago is the same.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:

You got to feed the adults too, or they're just going to take the kids' food. Tried and proven.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    Lol, love ya Frank!

Wasn't me bro. I gave you an lol to prove it

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Patrickbrick said:

You got to feed the adults too, or they're just going to take the kids' food. Tried and proven.

That’s exactly my point! Don’t doll out, just feed the kids.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

With all the before school breakfasts and free lunches, there's only so much you can do. Time to start emprisoning those who don't feed their kids. There's too much free food out there for kids to be going hungry.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wife has students that show up to school everyday……. Because that’s the only meals they get all day. Their parents might work two jobs just to keep a roof over their head so they don’t even get to really see them at all. They aren’t all bad parents, might just be in a bad situation. And no, they all didn’t put themselves in those situations. No one should go hungry. No one.

• Options

That’s the sob story they tell you. Yet they have have dogs, tattoos, new I phones, clothes, and a leased car. I’ve seen it far to many times to have sympathy for everyone. A very small select few, yes, but the vast majority are just pieces of ****.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

@peter4jc said:
    Government overstep and fallen human nature is a bad combo. People, not the government, should take care of people; by people I mean the Church, community organizations, etc, but that has pretty much ceased, driven out of business by the stiff competition that is the government dole (well-intentioned that it appears to be or how it began, it has mostly devolved into a vote-buying system). And since it's so easy to game the system - just look at the estimated billions of stimulus money that was funneled into illegitimate pockets - we have a whole sector of society, generations deep, that has lost the will and/or gumption to fight for a better life. The American Dream has become a lucid dream of the bottom rung on the ladder.

I wonder how many under 40 know that those things were the most basic functions of so many groups that no longer exist in any semblance of what they once were? Kiwanis, Rotary Club, Knights of Columbus, Moose, Elk, Sons of Norway, and many other such organizations once made sure that widows and children and people in legitimate need received help with their bills and groceries. I suspect that there's no going back.

It's a frustration. On multiple occasions at work I sat across from the parents of a child with fever and asked "Have you given them any ibuprofen or tylenol? Anything like that to bring down the fever?" and had them answer "We can't afford that" while they play on their I-phones, 2 packs of cigarettes stuffed in their shirt pocket. Pray for the child. And the nurse who has to repress a natural desire to break the parents noses for them.

• Options

I am under 40 (not by much) but I remember, and that is my point as well.

MOW badge received.
  • Options
    genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is my take on this. There are good people and there are bad people and we all have our priorities. I also have seen so many times where children lack the care because of the parents priorities. The government is not going to fix it. The only one that will is the parents. Be that good person. Help when you can. If you’re a praying person pray. I know a lot of you guys are thinking this guy is living in a dream world. Maybe so but it never hurts to try. Be the person that makes a difference. Have a great day!

• Options

@Patrickbrick said:
    That’s the sob story they tell you. Yet they have have dogs, tattoos, new I phones, clothes, and a leased car. I’ve seen it far to many times to have sympathy for everyone. A very small select few, yes, but the vast majority are just pieces of ****.

I love you like a brother, but that is funny bull crap right there...

Well I've worked in those communities. I've volunteered at those schools. I've taken those children into my home. I've met and worked alongside of the people who toil endlessly in those communities to provide. Tens of thousands of hours. Five states, 25 years.

What you're describing is the vast minority of people who live there. Many of those iPhones are Obama phones. Many of those leased cars are through Uber and Lyft. I didn't know the poor people weren't allowed to buy clothes. The things I learn here! A poor person can't have a dog either? Sounds like a big government rule.

That sort of reminds me of the time mayor Bloomberg said that 8 million people couldn't have a large fries at McDonald's. You turning into a liberal on me bro?

95% of the people in these depressed inner city communities are good people. They want to work. They want to make it. They want to climb out from what they're under. But it's never going to happen. Well your kid is learning times tables in the third grade, their kids are learning sight words. By the time your kid takes algebra and ninth grade, their kids are learning times tables.

And the reason why is simple. The system, set up by politicians of both parties, was created to keep everything like it is. Unless you can play ball or unless you can sing or unless you invent something incredibly stupid and successful, you're not rising the ladder of the American dream. Best case scenario is that you go up one rung. Maybe two, And even that's fake. It's just designed to keep the hope.

Meanwhile, the Kiwanis and the knights of Columbus and the rotary clubs are dead for one simple reason. They didn't help their members gain more power o rmore money, so the members simply dried up.

Besides, being a community organizer is not a noble profession. It's not a way to help people and yourself at the same time. It doesn't qualify you to do anything other than sit in that community for the rest of your life. at least that's what we've been telling our former president for the last 12 years, right?

Nah I'm not mad bro. Y'all can stay and think whatever you want to. It's the poor man's fault that he's poor, right? Whatever gets you to sleep at night lol lol lol.....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    Here is my take on this. There are good people and there are bad people and we all have our priorities. I also have seen so many times where children lack the care because of the parents priorities. The government is not going to fix it. The only one that will is the parents. Be that good person. Help when you can. If you’re a praying person pray. I know a lot of you guys are thinking this guy is living in a dream world. Maybe so but it never hurts to try. Be the person that makes a difference. Have a great day!

Besides the above....You can also help out by giving to charity's that help families in need.
    I grew up in East Tenn right next to the Cumberland mountains in the 70s and saw poverty first hand every day. Been giving to ADFAC ( Shameless plug ) for years.

• Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

The elitism and sanctimoniousness is strong in this thread.

• Options

Sorry to break up the meeting of mutual appreciation... 😂

Don't look ↑