Home General Discussion
Options

FDA Regulation Update

Comments

• Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/bill-calls-for-return-of-military-cigar-donations-19006

Did not think about new regs affecting donations to troops. Why is this not a media point? "FDA hates the troops!"
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not even receive a reply from my hat wearing good for nothing congress critter
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    I did not even receive a reply from my hat wearing good for nothing congress critter
    That's better than what I frequently get - a letter saying, in essence, "I don't care what you think, my mind's made up and I'll vote my own d@mned way".....   :#
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The so-called "Deeming" regulation affecting cigars is number 55 on this list of regs for the next administration to eliminate...

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Yakster, was just looking for new info this morning before this came out 
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good read.

:D  I like the comments at the end. Someone wanted to know why Rocky wasn't interviewed, since he was the one to save the industry.
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go Rocky! Go!

All kidding aside, I do appreciate anything Rocky (or anyone else) can do to keep premium cigars out of the same category as "lesser" types of tobacco when it comes to the new restrictions. Gotta educate the ignorant authorities and Rocky seems to be a positive force on this front. 
  • Options
    Bob_Luken said:
    Go Rocky! Go!

All kidding aside, I do appreciate anything Rocky (or anyone else) can do to keep premium cigars out of the same category as "lesser" types of tobacco when it comes to the new restrictions. Gotta educate the ignorant authorities and Rocky seems to be a positive force on this front. 
    True, but gives Nish time to blend cigars.
  • Options
    Seriously though, there's a lobbyists in Washington for everything. I'm just glad for those fighting for cigars and the hobby.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope of Ray

Image result for ray romano
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    http://halfwheel.com/fda-plans-reevaluate-premium-cigar-regulation-2018/215690

This is good news.  Those morons will have a chance to do the right thing.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    KenpoKnightKenpoKnight Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Hopefully this will go in our favor.  Thanks for the update @Yakster
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://halfwheel.com/d-c-court-rules-against-cigar-industrys-petition-to-delay-substantial-equivalence-deadline/367487/

D.C. COURT RULES AGAINST CIGAR INDUSTRY’S PETITION TO DELAY SUBSTANTIAL EQUIVALENCE DEADLINE

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
     :( 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
    F******  bureaucrats and politicians.  Not happy unless they are f****** with somebody.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Does anyone know which stuff shirt started this mess?  It needs to be made public and put them out of office
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Small win, but a win nonetheless. This is the key:

Mehta’s decision will force FDA to define what constitutes a “premium cigar,” something that will likely be more impactful than the warning label ruling itself.

To date, FDA has declined to define a premium cigar and given Mehta’s decision, it seems likely that other parts of FDA regulations could be modified or removed for premium cigars. Last month, FDA itself hinted at premium cigars, but described them as “relatively expensive, large hand-rolled cigars that do not have flavors (e.g., fruit, candy, or mint)…” The agency said those cigars were its “lowest priority.”

And the key to that phrase is relatively expensive. If they define relatively expensive is $20, then it's a loss. If they define it at 5 bucks, that's better. But I think the days of $15 fivers on cbid might be over.  

If that's the case, a lot of these brands will either go away completely, or will be the new base price by which all other cigars are judged. That will make everything expensive. If the brands go away, my worry was that is the companies will be tempted to give value names to those everyday brands, and overall product quality will go down.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    To L A Z 
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's higher than the vote up button?

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.