Home General Discussion
Options

What Booze Did You Get Today?

Comments

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Very neat bottle, you said it was pretty unique Ken.... What did you get from it?
    I'm bad at flavors and have a worse memory so I can't really say...on the other hand you may have given me a good reason to have some more tonight and try to figure it out. ;D
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Glad to see this thread is taking off and as long as we can keep that Irish guy from posting in the other one maybe this will all work out. ;-). Just kidding Brett, I heart you man!
    I've been a guilty party in that thread as well. But hell, it was bourbon season and that's what I got! LOL
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Glad to see this thread is taking off and as long as we can keep that Irish guy from posting in the other one maybe this will all work out. ;-). Just kidding Brett, I heart you man!
    UH huh suuuuuure :P
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    D Fresh:
    FireRob:
    I've been a guilty party in that thread as well. But hell, it was bourbon season and that's what I got! LOL
    Unless I'm at a lounge buying one or two so I can smoke inside during winter I don't buy cigars anymore but by the box. It's a lot easier to drop $50-70 once in a while on a bottle than dropping $200-300/box on cigars which is one of the bigger reasons I've been doing that lately. Plus what D said, this the Bourbon Season :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Very neat bottle, you said it was pretty unique Ken.... What did you get from it?
    I'm bad at flavors and have a worse memory so I can't really say...on the other hand you may have given me a good reason to have some more tonight and try to figure it out. ;D
    Happy to help then Hahahaha, let me know the next time you need corrupting to punch a drink in your hands lol.
  • Options
    BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    90+ Irishman:
    Brianak:
    Being a hop head that's got my name written all over it, what did you think about it Brian?

It is very good just wish it wasn't seasonal.
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I got deez lol

Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • Options
    Brianak:
    90+ Irishman:
    Brianak:
    Being a hop head that's got my name written all over it, what did you think about it Brian?

It is very good just wish it wasn't seasonal.
    Yeah I hear ya Brian, I love and hate seasonal stuff for that very reason. It's neat having so much special stuff come out this time of year but when you find something you love only to learn too bad wait another year to have it kinda sucks.
  • Options
    Very nice Chaos I approve :)
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a flight of Glenlivet 12, Glenmorangie, Laphraoig 10, and Talisker. Liked the Glenmorangie the most. Enjoyed the Smokey, salty Laphraoig and Talisker but dont know if I want a bottle. I picked the ardbeg on a whim. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Very nice Gray, I like the Glenmorangie a lot myself. I get a lot more caramel and floral notes from it than most of the other classic Malts. If you like the "lighter" single malt scotches I'd point you towards Macallan 12 year, for my palate it was the lightest and "fruitiest" of the group, really really like it. Should pick up a bottle of it one of these days in fact lol...
  • Options
    I like the glenmorangie sherry cask finish.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Happy to help then Hahahaha, let me know the next time you need corrupting to punch a drink in your hands lol.
    I tried and failed. It's just too complex for me to pick apart. Definitely a bite, definitely something along the lines of butterscotch with a buttery mouthfeel, brown sugar, some fruit that's almost citrus that I'm tempted to call pear, and then the usual whiskey backbone, I'm bad at wood/leather type flavors but of course they're there.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    I tried and failed. It's just too complex for me to pick apart. Definitely a bite, definitely something along the lines of butterscotch with a buttery mouthfeel, brown sugar, some fruit that's almost citrus that I'm tempted to call pear, and then the usual whiskey backbone, I'm bad at wood/leather type flavors but of course they're there.
    No worries and sounds great Ken, that is definitely one of love to try and likely snag a bottle of. I take it however that they are small enough that they're mostly local distribution?
  • Options
    Right before leaving Lefthand brewery I snagged their newest Brleywine offering of Widershins, looking forward to cracking this Bomber.

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    If that aint a ringing endorsement!!! :o) Enjoy
  • Options
    Looks like a whiskey/beer thread so far. Anybody into vodkas?
  • Options
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    Lol like my approval means jack diddly hahahaha. However I will say that it was Jameson and Jack Daniels that made me love whiskey in the first place years ago, really loved Jameson and honestly I still really really enjoy it straight and on the rocks. Hope you're having something good tonight Rudy! :)
  • Options
    Brianak:
    Looks like a whiskey/beer thread so far. Anybody into vodkas?
    I'm not so much personally but my Pops is way into it so I've been in the loop thanks to him. What have you been enjoying Brian?
  • Options
    Not into vodka. It was a trick. Thanks for playing.
  • Options
    Brianak:
    Not into vodka. It was a trick. Thanks for playing.
    lol
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    Lol like my approval means jack diddly hahahaha. However I will say that it was Jameson and Jack Daniels that made me love whiskey in the first place years ago, really loved Jameson and honestly I still really really enjoy it straight and on the rocks. Hope you're having something good tonight Rudy! :)
    More of a Jim Beam guy myself , I tell ya I have put away my share of that! That and Canadian Club.
    Tonight Im having some more of Tito's Vodka, Reall good stuff!!
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    For all who like sherry monster scotches... Get this... Now....photo 2FD745DD-039A-413E-9FC7-72079C7D9E45.jpg
  • Options
    Very very nice Jet! Haven't tried any scotches finished in sherry yet but sounds like that's a mistake, great pick up bro!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Very nice Gray, I like the Glenmorangie a lot myself. I get a lot more caramel and floral notes from it than most of the other classic Malts. If you like the "lighter" single malt scotches I'd point you towards Macallan 12 year, for my palate it was the lightest and "fruitiest" of the group, really really like it. Should pick up a bottle of it one of these days in fact lol...
    Thanks for the suggestions brett! I almost tried the Macallan. I will have to get another flight sometime. To me the Glenmorangie was right in the middle. A little more full and more caramel and citrus than the Glenlivet. Then I tasted the laphroaig and talisker for ab 3 hours after i drank them, lol!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    JHewey:
    The last 6 months i have kind of gone off the deep end with buying bourbon. All these were bought in last 6 months except angels envy and elijah craig 12yr. Birthday Bourbon was a gift from a great brother.

So which ones your favorite out of those Justin? I'm looking for something with caramel, maple, pecan notes. I'm not looking to get that infused stuff either.
  • Options
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    No worries and sounds great Ken, that is definitely one of love to try and likely snag a bottle of. I take it however that they are small enough that they're mostly local distribution?
    They're in Michigan, I think down toward Chicago. But if you can't find it and want to, let me know.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    They're in Michigan, I think down toward Chicago. But if you can't find it and want to, let me know.
    Thanks Ken, much appreciated and I will keep that in mind.
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks for the suggestions brett! I almost tried the Macallan. I will have to get another flight sometime. To me the Glenmorangie was right in the middle. A little more full and more caramel and citrus than the Glenlivet. Then I tasted the laphroaig and talisker for ab 3 hours after i drank them, lol!
    No problem, and yeah those others are much heavier peat and the finish sticks with you for a while. My go to single malt is Craggenmore 12 year.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    This thread makes me want to be an alcoholic again... I stick to one bottle of bourron, maybe two, per 3-6 months. Current bottle is Buffalo Trace =) Sure wish I could find Rip for retail at Bevmo like the lucky ones.