Home Non Cigar Related

JD's Pet/Animal/Rescue/Adopt thread

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    New kid on the block. The only photo that wasn't a blur. 3 weeks old and loves everyone. Mom on the left.

Our latest rescue, though I did get a happy birthday from my wife.

6 Hours Old
    It must be spring, babies everywhere
    Mini horse had a mini horse

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's my very fave pic so far.
    Is that Anny with the mustache?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a piece of crap dog I can send ya.
    This dog is retarded and I've never hated an animal as much as I hate this dog.

It's my son's dog and he's torn up the front yard, momma's flower bed and when I yelled at him to get out of the flower bed, the SOB growled at me.
    Oh hell no. 
    And my dog came running and was gonna go after that POS dog, but when I told him, stop, he locked them up and came sat by me. 
    Good dog versus POS dog.

I've tried to be nice to that dog, but it constantly barks at nothing, tears things up and growls at you if you tell him no. WTF?

I've trained all my dogs, but this dog isn't trainable. 
    If I leave a plate on my desk, my dog won't go near it. 
    This dog, as soon as you turn your back, he goes for the plate.
    He stole a piece of pizza OUT OF MY HAND!!
    Several broken plates. 
    Dog pound is open tomorrow and I've never taken and animal to the pound before, but that option is looking pretty good. 

I thought about getting a training collar, but never used one and this dog, I'm afraid he is too stupid to understand anything and he'd just get used to it.

Did I say I hate this dog? LOL!

I feel much better now.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    I got a piece of crap dog I can send ya.
    This dog is retarded and I've never hated an animal as much as I hate this dog.

It's my son's dog and he's torn up the front yard, momma's flower bed and when I yelled at him to get out of the flower bed, the SOB growled at me.
    Oh hell no. 
    And my dog came running and was gonna go after that POS dog, but when I told him, stop, he locked them up and came sat by me. 
    Good dog versus POS dog.

I've tried to be nice to that dog, but it constantly barks at nothing, tears things up and growls at you if you tell him no. WTF?

I've trained all my dogs, but this dog isn't trainable. 
    If I leave a plate on my desk, my dog won't go near it. 
    This dog, as soon as you turn your back, he goes for the plate.
    He stole a piece of pizza OUT OF MY HAND!!
    Several broken plates. 
    Dog pound is open tomorrow and I've never taken and animal to the pound before, but that option is looking pretty good. 

I thought about getting a training collar, but never used one and this dog, I'm afraid he is too stupid to understand anything and he'd just get used to it.

Did I say I hate this dog? LOL!

I feel much better now.

I have an eCollar and love it.  The downfall is that someone "collar trained" my dog before adopting him so the minute it goes on he's an angel (depending on the situation I don't even have to turn it on lol.) But it works wonders I would say totally worth the investment.
    edited May 2018
    Talked with my son. 
    The dog is supposed to be getting it a new home Friday.
    I told him if it isn't gone Friday, I'm buying a shock collar and using it on him (meaning my son, that is).

What? It can't hurt him.......much.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @0patience, This is why I prefer cats... A LOT less problems! New cat though was born feral but he’s been domesticated...well not fully. He goes for my toes in the morning if not let out and when he wants to play his teeth and claws are extremely sharp! LOL
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand-daughter brought her cat in the house. Sumbidge peed on everything. Killed the potted plants. Peed on my clothes. Pees on the grand-daughter's bed. Clawed up the leather chair and sofa. Bought him a spensive cat tower. Still clawed furniture. Cats love me; I hate them.

I'll take that dog. Show him Dull-Aware on the map and kick him out. He gets here, I'll take him in. Take any dog any day over a cat.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like any dog except for the napoleon complex little dogs who spend the whole day barking in that annoying high pitched yelp. Old/laid back dogs are the best. 
    I think the dog is a POS, cause it's my son's girlfriend's dog and she's a fat a$$ POS.She sits around stuffing food in her face and getting bigger and complaining.
    In my house. And then complains cause I'm mean.
    Only to lazy POS people.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    I think the dog is a POS, cause it's my son's girlfriend's dog and she's a fat a$$ POS.She sits around stuffing food in her face and getting bigger and complaining.
    In my house. And then complains cause I'm mean.
    Only to lazy POS people.

She obviously did not take time to "train" the dog. Does not sound like she wa trained either....

Clara has doubled in size. Great Pyrenees and BRD parents. She gonna be a really big dog.
    The laziest and clumsiest dog we have rescued. If it can be done laying down it will be.
    She housebroke in about 3 days.
    She spends her time between the house and outside, when it gets cooler I am sure she will want to be an all outside dog. Peaches who is about 4 weeks older and pure white was the happiest dog on the block when they met. They will both be moved to the fenced area at the back of the house. Wish one of them was a male.

Big paws.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belly rubs are great!  She will eventually grow into her paws.  The vet said our dog would grow to be around  80 pounds based on the size of his paws.  He is now 150 pounds!
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all must be good luck.  We have a new little one coming today for a week's trial.  She's a "mixed breed", meaning they have no idea, but she does have a little yellow lab in her. She's about 12 weeks old and a real snuggler.

We hope it works out with our 150 pound lap dog.  He loves little dogs, so I hope he takes to this one before she starts to grow.  Keep your fingers crossed.
    YankeeMan said:
    You all must be good luck.  We have a new little one coming today for a week's trial.  She's a "mixed breed", meaning they have no idea, but she does have a little yellow lab in her. She's about 12 weeks old and a real snuggler.

We hope it works out with our 150 pound lap dog.  He loves little dogs, so I hope he takes to this one before she starts to grow.  Keep your fingers crossed.
    A little lab (don't they all?) and a snuggler? Gonna be a great member of the family. Don't forget a photo.
    edited August 2018
    All kinds of scams and people, you put on a list and circulate.
    So, some of you know we take in abused animals. We work with them, feed them and try to get their trust back. The hopeful end result is that they will find their way to a good family (preferably with kids) and will be treated well. 
    We had a mini mule that was absolutely sweet, friendly and loved kids. We found what appeared to be a perfect home. Parents with two kids, and they loved the little mule. Sold he/she at a very low price because of the kids and they already had a mini donkey.
    Holly checks, on a regular basis, all the listings that sell/auction animals. Low and behold we saw our mule on an less then desirable auction site. One of the provisions of dealing with my wife, Holly, is that if for any reason you are not happy with the animal we sold, that animal comes back to us. To say Holly got upset is an understatement. We now have the little mule back. 
    The name and address of the family has been circulated to all of the people that do what we do.
    edited August 2018
    We had a coyote come within 10 feet of my wife right in the middle of the chicken/fowl living quarters. Clara, now ClaraBell, instantly went after it. Still a puppy but has super good instincts and she is big and fast. Found a new den being dug way to close to the rescues and it does not exist anymore. Have loaded the Marlin 9mm Camp Rifle and it is in easy reach. Set Annie, one of the mixed breed mastiffs on patrol. Now we just have to worry about some low life poachers, which have been made known to the cops and game wardens. I don't know which is worse, animals just trying to live, or the lowlifes who think laws are for everyone else.
    This is happening now, and I am scared.....
    3 geese, 2 ducks, 2 peacocks, 3 turkeys and 3 black chickens.
    They are in a circle with their heads down and they are talking. The 3 chickens are running in and out of the circle, wait a few seconds and take off to different parts of the property and return.
    Every couple of minutes one of the geese is outside my window, just staring at me.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have they started a fire yet?
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Anyone have turkeys?
    We have 6 (I think) and one is the prettiest tom I have ever seen. I had no idea they could have feathers like he does. He is always showing off like the peacocks.
    Which has turned out to be a problem.
    The tom decided it was time to make a move and take over the yard. He and the hens went at the peacocks and the geese with some real fury. What a racket.
    It took some time to separate them and the turkeys are now permanently locked up in an enclosure.
    I had no idea they could be like that and it was disturbing to say the least.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wild turkeys that roam through the yard. They're mellow as can be. A friend had a flock roam through his yard with 2 males and they were a different story.... Zoning restrictions in most of the local towns make it difficult/impossible to have livestock. Tourism is the lifeblood of the community but there are lots of downsides.
    Last night, evidently my son's dog, Buddy, which seems to have turned into our dog, decided he was going to lay on our bed. He is Mastiff, pit and lab, so he isn't exactly small.
    Now, he knows he's not supposed to be on the bed, but when I walked in, he wouldn't even look at me and was almost like he was thinking, "You can't see me. If I don't move, you won't see me."

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    Last night, evidently my son's dog, Buddy, which seems to have turned into our dog, decided he was going to lay on our bed. He is Mastiff, pit and lab, so he isn't exactly small.
    Now, he knows he's not supposed to be on the bed, but when I walked in, he wouldn't even look at me and was almost like he was thinking, "You can't see me. If I don't move, you won't see me."

At our house we actually look forward to "some" of our dogs getting in bed with us. They are like little portable heaters in the cold months. When I have a problem sleeping (often) they have a very calming affect/effect and it is nice to reach out and make sure they are there. Everyone has their favorite dogs and the dogs have their favorite human. Now the big dogs are another story, they always want to play with the little dogs and you can get trampled in the fun.
    So we put a big dog pillow next to the bed and they will, on most nights sleep on it.
    edited December 2018
    Spay and Neuter.
    Do people know what that means?
    We are taking in 2 kittens out of a seven kitten litter.
    They begged us.
    I wanted to punch both of them in the face so bad I could taste it.
    If we weren't having the worse mouse and flea problem I have seen since we moved here I don't know if we would have taken them. 
    Lord I am sorry for my bad thoughts but please do something about really stupid people. Start with xxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx.
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 25,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet looking dog.  I see you have a type.
    I'll gladly bomb you Tuesday for an Opus today. 

Join us on the New Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Sweet looking dog.  I see you have a type.
    Thanks.  Hehehe Bully dogs for life 😁