Home General Discussion
Options

Ask your forum functionality questions here....How do I.....?

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to make all my old PM's to mark as read without actually clicking on each thread?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Poor Mr. Krebsie. Maybe he is trying to enjoy a cigar perhaps. What's truly most annoying is not having clean potable water to drink. That Mr. jlmarta is most annoying. Your "most annoying" is truly just a insignificant ant bite on the ankle of an elephant. Relax.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the placating words, Mr. Roast, but don't you think it's time this problem was solved?  I mean, it's not like this is the first time it's been brought up....

And there are other problems that have yet to be dealt with. I'm attempting to avoid loading him up with those by trying to get one at a time handled....
  • Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I was looking into the issue, but I cannot replicate it. I do not have an issue with my keyboard freezing.  Can you let me know what browser you are using and what IOS you have as well as device?
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    jlmarta said:
    Okay, Krebsie. Here's one for ya - 

i click  on the hash marks at upper right on my iPhone and it takes me to a list of links I can select. One of which is my user name. It has a number alongside it. In my case the number is 109. 

What is the significance of this number?  I find no correlation to it anywhere. The link takes me to my profile page. 

Oh, and by the way, this stupid thing still freezes up my keyboard every couple sentences and I have to hit the 'done' button to unlock it. MOST ANNOYING!!

The number next to your username is the number of notifications you have. If you scroll to the bottom of the profile page, you'll see Notifications. Click on that and it'll show you what they are. They are things like 'jlmarta commented on your thread Ask your forum questions here.'. Once you go into, the number will reset.

Edit: If you are on a computer, the Notifications link is on the right side, not all the way at the bottom. Not sure about an iPad and I don't have any iOS devices with me at the moment.

Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    krebsie said:
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I was looking into the issue, but I cannot replicate it. I do not have an issue with my keyboard freezing.  Can you let me know what browser you are using and what IOS you have as well as device?
    You bet. I have an iPhone 4, using IOS 7.1.2, and Safari is my browser. Thanks, Krebsie. 

Note: it froze up on me once during the above two sentences and twice during this one... 
  • Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    I will look into it,  thanks
  • Options
    Edna20 said:
    jlmarta said:
    Okay, Krebsie. Here's one for ya - 

i click  on the hash marks at upper right on my iPhone and it takes me to a list of links I can select. One of which is my user name. It has a number alongside it. In my case the number is 109. 

What is the significance of this number?  I find no correlation to it anywhere. The link takes me to my profile page. 

Oh, and by the way, this stupid thing still freezes up my keyboard every couple sentences and I have to hit the 'done' button to unlock it. MOST ANNOYING!!

The number next to your username is the number of notifications you have. If you scroll to the bottom of the profile page, you'll see Notifications. Click on that and it'll show you what they are. They are things like 'jlmarta commented on your thread Ask your forum questions here.'. Once you go into, the number will reset.

Edit: If you are on a computer, the Notifications link is on the right side, not all the way at the bottom. Not sure about an iPad and I don't have any iOS devices with me at the moment.

Ah, so. Yes. Now I see it. Thanks very much, Edna. I appreciate your help. 
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krebsie said:
    I'm sure it seems like too long for the person who's having the issue.  But I'm on record to say how awesome it is to have someone behind the scenes taking the time to help sort things out.  It's great to know the Ccom forum is not an orphan or the red-headed stepchild.  Thanks for everything krebsie!
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    The freeze up problem is an Android and iphone problem.
    It causes the delay in typing on google chrome, dolphin and safari.
    Sometimes it freezes the entire page and the only way to recover is to either back out of the page, hit post or refresh the page.
    But what do I know?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Sometimes it freezes the entire page and the only way to recover is to either back out of the page, hit post or refresh the page.
    But what do I know?
    I'm sure you know a heckuva lot more than I do, Tony, but what frosts my butt is that it doesn't happen anywhere but here on the Ccom forum...
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Can anyone shed some light on how to edit your post after it has gone past the allowed time

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli said:
    Can anyone shed some light on how to edit your post after it has gone past the allowed time

Its not possible.  You have 1 hour from when you post to edit it.  After that point there is no more editing.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTuccelli said:

Its not possible.  You have 1 hour from when you post to edit it.  After that point there is no more editing.
    And you forever look like a moron who cannot spill.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    0patience said:
    But what do I know?
    I'm sure you know a heckuva lot more than I do, Tony, but what frosts my butt is that it doesn't happen anywhere but here on the Ccom forum...
    Oh. I meant that it is a problem with the forum ON both Android and iPhone.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    MTuccelli said:

Thanks avengethis for the reply
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I make the pic big? Some of your guy's pic come out bigger than others
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    ExpendableYouthExpendableYouth Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the original file size.
  • Options
    variant2variant2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭
    Not 100% certain but I believe that if the file size is too big, the auto resize function of the forum software creates a thumbnail. If you're going to upload images, see if you can resize the image to about 700 - 750 pixels in width.

Many of the image uploads are 2-6 megabytes in size which requires a good amount of resizing and would look like cråp if the forum software has to cut the image down from 3,000 pixels to 700 pixels.

I just link my images after uploading them to www.imgur.com and resize them to be around 750 pixels wide. This helps save forum bandwidth and the pages load much faster. 

Cнeerѕ! Moтнerғυcĸer
  • Options
    twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry brother, Size doesn't matter!
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry brother, Size doesn't matter!
    That's not what she said...
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    Hello again, Mr. Krebs. This time it's about trying to post photos. I've tried over half a dozen times to post some photos but each time without success. Each time I try to preview what I've posted and I get a message telling me an error has occurred and my post disappears.   

Oh, and the keyboard is still freezing up. Any news on that front??
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    On my profile, what are visits? Would it be the number of times somebody wrote on my wall?

And can other people see what people write on my wall? 
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the visits are, I went to your wall twice but the count did not increase. Though it's possible I would've had to logoff and go back in. 

Yes, everyone can see what people post on your wall.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. I think the count must be the number of posts on my wall. It matches up anyway. 
  • Options
    So what's the deal with all the replicated threads lately??  Seems like it's happening with increasing frequency....

Did we send all the programmer-types home already?
  • Options
    Hey, Krebsie - I've got another clue regarding my question about trying to post photos to the " what did you get today" thread. 

The problem only occurs when I try to preview the post. If I just go ahead and post it without previewing it seems to work. 

And, as always, the keyboard still freezes up....
  • Options
    Bumpity-bump.....
  • Options
    I noticed a minute timer when I'm editing my own thread.  Once that runs out, am I not able to edit anymore?  If that's the case, that's pretty lame.
  • Options
    I noticed a minute timer when I'm editing my own thread.  Once that runs out, am I not able to edit anymore?  If that's the case, that's pretty lame.
    yeah, I can't edit it anymore.  that's f*cking stupid