Home General Discussion
Options

Ask your forum functionality questions here....How do I.....?

Comments

• Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a minute timer when I'm editing my own thread.  Once that runs out, am I not able to edit anymore?  If that's the case, that's pretty lame.
    yeah, I can't edit it anymore.  that's f*cking stupid
    You have an hour after you post before you will not be able to edit it anymore.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well it sucks balls
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOW DO I GET SOMEONE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM OF NOT BEING ABLE TO REVIEW A POST CONTAINING PHOTOS WITHOUT HAVING IT JUST DELETE THE WHOLE DAMNED THING? 

AND WHY CANT I PLACE THE PHOTOS WHERE I WANT THEM IN SAID POST???

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION - THIS ISNT MY FIRST REQUEST.....
  • Options

BUMP!  

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    jlmarta said:
    HOW DO I GET SOMEONE TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM OF NOT BEING ABLE TO REVIEW A POST CONTAINING PHOTOS WITHOUT HAVING IT JUST DELETE THE WHOLE DAMNED THING? 

AND WHY CANT I PLACE THE PHOTOS WHERE I WANT THEM IN SAID POST???

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION - THIS ISNT MY FIRST REQUEST.....
    Yeah this happens to me a lot. Put in a photo, post some words but, I need to edit stupid words but every time in the process the pic gets screwed up. Why? Fix that! Please! I'll post a pic now to show you what I mean. Then I'll edit the post. 
    EDITED: Let's see if it does what I said it would. 

2nd EDIT: well, the pic remained. Hope it's fixed :)
  • Options
    Nope!!  Thanks for trying, Bob, but I just tried it again and nothing's been done. It still deletes my entire post. 

I think the computer geeks at Ccom must feel everything's okay now and they don't even read this thread anymore. 

SIGH.....  :(
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as a member list on this forum?  

How does a guy go about finding a member's name to click on if he wants to send that member a PM?  Just wander around until you find a post by that member and then click on his name??
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you go to your inbox (the little icon toward the upper right), click that, then click new message.  As you start to type the username, even if it's a S.W.A.G., it gives you a drop-down of possible matches.

I just typed in 'handsome old Italian guy with a lovely mustache' and it gave me jlmarta.  ;-)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jc said:....

I just typed in 'handsome old Italian guy with a lovely mustache' and it gave me jlmarta.  ;-)
    Awwww, you only say that 'cause it's true.....  o:)

seriously, old bean, I'd never have guessed that about a drop-down box.   Thanks a million...
  • Options
    YOO-HOO, @Krebsie, are your computer-types still working on the problem of the freezing keyboard when using an iPhone??  Do you have any idea of a date for a resolution to that extremely annoying problem??

sure would be nice.....  o:)
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been missing out.

Ever since I discovered the "discussions" tab I never usually go to the individual sections. ( TPB, NCR, etc.)

The discussions tab consolidates all the most recently made posts.

EXCEPT those that the mods have stickied!

Sticky threads are not view-able in "discussions" even if there have been recent posts.  

That sucks a little. 
  • Options
    Why am I getting notified when someone posts on the "I smoked a good cigar from" thread??!?!?!
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why am I getting notified when someone posts on the "I smoked a good cigar from" thread??!?!?!
    Your notifications have to be prompted so.
    I'm guessing you have your notifications letting you know when people use your @danielzreyes  because you give a lot of good stogies to BOTL 
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    NolagizmoNolagizmo Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob
    Bob_Luken said:
    I've been missing out.

Ever since I discovered the "discussions" tab I never usually go to the individual sections. ( TPB, NCR, etc.)

The discussions tab consolidates all the most recently made posts.

EXCEPT those that the mods have stickied!

Sticky threads are not view-able in "discussions" even if there have been recent posts.  

That sucks a little. 
    You can cure this if you ask for notifications on threads you post to
    "Come party with me in Tennessee for my birthday July we can smoke in the Smokey's."
  • Options
    I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer -

Is there any way to delete old conversations from your inbox en masse rather than one at a time?  I've got about 175 old ones to delete and only so many years left in my life......

damn, that's a tedious process.....
  • Options
    avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No there is no quick way to do it.  1 at a time is the only way at this point.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • Options
    No there is no quick way to do it.  1 at a time is the only way at this point.
    Well, POOP!!  Hey, @krebsie, could you look into this, please??  Thanks.....
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    variant2 said:
     How do i delete messages from my inbox?
    1. Click on the "Inbox" icon looks like a tray
    2. Click on the conversation that you want to delete
    3. On the top right hand side, there's a big ass red button that says "Delete Conversation"

My Big Ass Red Button says "Leave Conversation."  Is that the same thing?
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    krebsiekrebsie Moderator Posts: 86 admin
    Echambers said:
    variant2 said:
     How do i delete messages from my inbox?
    1. Click on the "Inbox" icon looks like a tray
    2. Click on the conversation that you want to delete
    3. On the top right hand side, there's a big ass red button that says "Delete Conversation"

My Big Ass Red Button says "Leave Conversation."  Is that the same thing?

that is the same thing (I am guessing,  that what mine says)  and there is no way at this point (or at least to my knowledge) to delete messages in mass quantities.  one at a time is the only option.  I will take a look and see if I can figure out a setting or something on the backend to add in a select all feature or something along those line. 
  • Options
    Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolagizmo said:
    Your notifications have to be prompted so.
    I'm guessing you have your notifications letting you know when people use your @danielzreyes  because you give a lot of good stogies to BOTL 
    @danielzreyes, you may have inadvertently followed the thread. Go into it and at the top right corner next to the thread title, you will see a star. If it's blue, you are following that thread, just click it so that it's white and you should be good.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • Options
    EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    krebsie said:

that is the same thing (I am guessing,  that what mine says)  and there is no way at this point (or at least to my knowledge) to delete messages in mass quantities.  one at a time is the only option.  I will take a look and see if I can figure out a setting or something on the backend to add in a select all feature or something along those line. 
    Thanks!

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Options
    Can we post Vids from our own files yet?
  • Options
    prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Why are my pics so small? I swear I am not using a tiny little camera.
  • Options
    Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you upload the picture click on it and hit insert
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    How do I put thread jacker on ignore?
  • Options
    Most photos I post were taken with my iPhone. I've noticed that others have posted photos that came out nice and large while mine are all relatively small. True, you can tap on them and a larger page will open up but why is that necessary?  

How can I make my iPhone photos larger on my posts?
  • Options
    Once you load the picture in here tap the pic and hit insert. It will display the larger picture
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options

Notice it it says insert image or delete ^^^^^^
    -- Winston Churchill

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just learned that not long ago. If you tap on the pic after it uploads, and hit insert image, it will move it to the body of the message, then hit post comment, it comes out larger. Try it. @Usaf06 explained it to someone else, and I tried it, and it worked!
  • Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usaf06 said:
    Once you load the picture in here tap the pic and hit insert. It will display the larger picture
    Hey Nick! How are you? Hope your family had a nice Thanksgiving! I see you beat me to the punch on helping Marty with the pictures! I learned it from you when you explained it to someone else! Thanks!