Home General Discussion
Options

Ask your forum functionality questions here....How do I.....?

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch72 said:
    they need to make an app for this forum
    Maybe so. They updated the whole platform not long ago and finally got most of the bugs ironed out but every once in a while there's a hiccup like the one I'm trying to bring to their attention with this post. 

Usually, Krebsie will eventually stumble over this post and, with any luck at all, he'll fix it. 

HEY, KREBSIE!!  DID YOU CATCH THE HINT, BUDDY??   :p

Thanks. I know you'll get to it pretty soon. It's kinda aggravating....
  • Options
    *!*!* BUMP *!*!*

yo, Mr. Krebs. Are you there, Bro??
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't make it Tapatalk, I hate having to keep clicking on that little "x" at the top of the screen to say that I don't want to download and use Tapatalk.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    Just don't make it Tapatalk, I hate having to keep clicking on that little "x" at the top of the screen to say that I don't want to download and use Tapatalk.
    Boy, I'll drink to that, Chris. Of course, I'll drink to 'most anything. But seriously, IMHO, Tapatalk is a pain in the tuckus...  B)
  • Options
    So, here's another question @krebsie will probably never answer but I keep trying. Ever the optimist, that's me. 

Heres the problem: I go to my profile page with the intention of updating my list of favorite cigars. (I'm on my iPhone, remember). Up in the right corner of the page there's a place for me to click to edit my profile. 

So, I click on it and when the edit page opens I scroll down to where my list of favorite cigars is - only instead of my list, there's one line of it visible in one of those little windows that will usually let you scroll through whatever is visible until you get to the part you're looking for. Only, this one doesn't let you scroll. 

Now, howinhell is a guy supposed to edit something like that??  It almost makes you believe that whoever designed this forum platform had his head securely lodged up his nether regions - if you get my drift. 

So, if you DO happen to stumble across this post, @krebsie, could ya please help out here?  Thanks, pal....   :#
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    So, here's another question @krebsie will probably never answer but I keep trying. Ever the optimist, that's me. 

So, if you DO happen to stumble across this post, @krebsie, could ya please help out here?  Thanks, pal....   :#
    You have the tenacity of a bulldog, old timer!  :)
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Well, ya know, his ignoring us annoys me so I figure what's good for the goose....  and all that stuff. 

He annoys me so I'll keep niggling at him in hopes I can annoy him in return. Maybe one day he'll get the hint....   :#

Hell, he hasn't shown up in so long he probably doesn't even work for Ccom any more....
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toss that iPhone and get a decent tablet.  <wink>
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    jlmarta said:

I thought that was Oldfart
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    As we used to say in the Navy, Negatory. My oracle does what I need it to do and a tablet won't fit in my shirt pocket. 

But thanks for the thought.  :)
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    peter4jc said:
    jlmarta said:

I thought that was Oldfart
    You got it right, Randy. Old Peter's memory must be slipping....  :pimage
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter is an Old Fart, two words
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Peter is an Old Fart, two words
    Hee hee. You said it, not me....  :p
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    peter4jc said:
    So, Nanner nanner, Mr. Smart Guy Peter - I went on my laptop and opened the 'Edit Profile' page and guess what??  There's still that same little one-line window to peek through and try to edit your list of favorite cigars. It can't be done. So there. Too. Also. (Sound of razz berry)

HEY, KREBSIEEEEEE......   :p
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I go to the forum on my phone all I get is a blank white screen. Laptop access is normal as far as I can tell. I have a shortcut Icon on my phone. Don't remember how I got the icon but it used to take me directly to "recent discussions". I can access the cigar.com website without using the Icon, and it functions OK, and I logged into my account, but when I navigate from there to the forum, I still get the blank screen. There is a scroll bar on the right side of the screen and my history says I'm on the website but what has gone wrong?

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Update: I did a little googling and tried "Clear History and Website data" and that seemed to bring it all back to normal.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad you figured it out Bob, because I had no idea about that one.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )