Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@0patience said:
    There are just those people who's minds are so one sided, they only see what they want to see. 😉

....... Luckily, none of those people matter or can influence large blocks of people to make it matter.

Have you not payed any attention to the politics of the moment?

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

@d_blades said:

@VegasFrank said:

@0patience said:
    There are just those people who's minds are so one sided, they only see what they want to see. 😉

....... Luckily, none of those people matter or can influence large blocks of people to make it matter.

Have you not payed any attention to the politics of the moment?

Another yawner. Yes Dave, I have. All of those talking heads do nothing but keep the debate going so "concerned working class citizens" keep writing checks to the rich guys. In the mean time, nothing changes.

History of federal gun regulation that affects law abiding citizens:

Brady bill
    End of list

Meanwhile, people like Tony comment on my ostensible erections while people like Shawn infer that I'm a "malicious, spiteful, overbearing woman" (merriam-webster.com, 2021) all while your holy AR-15 survived an entirely democratic government in 2008, 27 dead kindergartners, and 558 shot conservatives at a country concert.

I'd say that nothing is changing soon, including the vitriol for anyone who doesn't see things exactly the way the far right does.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm reluctant to stick my toe in these waters, but something's akimbo here Frank, unless I'm reading you wrong. I would agree with your posts so far but help me understand...

You encourage the gun-rights people to come up w/ some way of regulating themselves via some legislation before the Left goes overboard and goes further than they want. Then today you think there's no credible threat to gun owners. Maybe your word 'soon' is the operative word.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

🤣🤣😂😉

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of any law, that can prevent an unlawful act? Drug use, speeding, drunk driving, etc. Laws only provide the means for punishment and do little for prevention. If you want prevention, you'll need positive enforcement, something that this country is not willing to provide.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny thing about people, they vote whether they know anything or not.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

Frank, why you lying?
    You can't go posting this as a reply,..... as if you don't care to respond,....

and thirty minutes later, when nobody gives you any further feedback whatsoever,......
    you f***ing post another one of your f***ing longwinded "I'm right, you're wrong" responses to the same post you yawned at.

You tell me one thing and then do the opposite.

That's lying Frank.

• Options
    edited July 2021

You guys crack me up. I do most of this with my thumbs on my phone, not sitting by a computer, so I don't spell every single last concept out for you. Yet you complain when I don't!

Okay so I've given myself and my thumbs a much needed break. I will try to explain my point of view to you, even though I'm a whiny b**** who has a hard on for guns.

I'll go from the bottom and work my way up.

To @Bob_Luken

• I read Tony's post and thought to myself, yawn. Typical rhetoric spewed by the mutual admiration and agreement society. Then I reread it and really comprehended the personal shots he took at me. That irked me, and then Shawn's meme, while not directly calling me a name but definitely inferring it, put me over the top. At that point, I felt compelled to give Tony a more in-depth reply. Chalk it up to a girl changing her mind about something. Sorry that resulted in your profanity laced tirade. For the record, you could have asked me to explain without calling me a liar in the first sentence. Friends?

Edit: I thought about overwriting the baby gif with my updates response, but thought that to be dishonest to anyone who had actually seen my gif. Your reply was not what I was looking for in my attempt at honesty lololol

To @Amos_Umwhat

• Yup. That's how we ended up with Donald j Trump as president. By the way before you quote that statement, make sure you quote this part too: I have a hard on for Donald Trump because I find that he's not a good man. George Bush and Barack Obama and other George Bush and Reagan and Clinton and even Carter and Ford and Nixon All cared about and loved the United States of America. I believe in my heart of hearts that Donald j Trump only cares about and loves what the United States of America can do for him. That's why I don't like the guy. Many people, including the tens of millions that voted for him, justify the vote by looking at results, or the things that he signed in law. I would rather have a good-hearted idiot than a nice tax law signed by a madman who is agnostic to the gate and destiny of the country that I love and that I have spent my life defending. Take it or leave it. Personally, I love your takes and find you to be more of the most well informed people on this forum, even though we ardently disagree on many issues.

Edit: German people voted Hitler in the office because of the results he gave to the German people, even though they didn't like him. I'm not saying that they are identical copies, I'm just saying that the situations are vaguely similar.

To @d_blades

• I got to tell you, that sounds just like something out of page one of the playbook. "A law won't stop it so don't pass the law." This is just a platitude, A way of using a lot of words to actually say nothing, and an excuse. All I said was that the pro AR-15 people should own their own solution. I didn't say that I had to be a law and I have specifically said many times in the past that I don't know what the answer is. If you don't find a solution, someone will find one for you. You can disagree with my prophecy and that's fine. I'm not always right. Hopefully for you, I'm not. But I think I am.

Edit: It's against the law to own a nuclear weapon, and we enforce that one pretty well. Why in fact, only two criminal mad Men have never had access to one. The leader of the day in North Korea and Donald Trump.

To @0patience

• You're always especially curt with me. I hope you know for the record and I've never called you a name. I've never put words in your mouth. I've never implied or inferred that you were something that people would find derogatory. I brush over a lot of your little digs, like winky faces at the end of posts to imply that you're actually talking about me or use of terms like "x-purt" to imply that I'm the opposite. I do this because I don't want those little things to distract from the actual narrative. I hope you don't think that I wasn't noticing And the narcissist in me demands that you realize that you didn't get them over on me. But that's my own personal flaw. When we've debated, you've rarely offered me the same courtesy. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt my feelings lol. I understand that this is emotional for some people. Fine. I think you're a great guy even though we disagree on this subject. I hope in the future that we can be more adult with each other. If by Mary go round you mean that you have not convinced me to be on your side, then that's quite true. I don't think you ever will, as I will never convince you. However, if you think your meme Will prevent me from expressing my views, then you're quite incorrect. Edit: If It was meant to express your frustration, it was unnecessary. That message was received loud and clear.

To @peter4jc

• That's correct Peter. I simultaneously think that there is no immediate threat to gun rights in this country from a federal standpoint and juxtapose that feeling with a sense that the right's current view on guns is unsustainable in the long term. How do I marry these two positions in my mind? I see this going the way abortion has gone in the last 51 years. I see it going the same way marijuana has gone in the last 20 years. The federal government will keep it legal and the states and local municipalities will erode gun rights for their citizens. That's not the end of the world for Steve or even me. It's pretty damn bad news for Tony and Shawn though. Personally, I don't give two farts in the wind whether or not the Oregon State Police end up scooping Tony's shotguns and Springfields away one day. But I would think that he would care, and I think that the current playbook isn't going to work in the next 20 years. That would kind of be like Patrick mahomes running Chuck Noll's offense.

So to sum all of that up before my thumbs fall off, I'm trying to have an adult conversation about an adult topic with a bunch of adults. If I wanted to be accused of having a hard-on, being a whiny little b**** or a f****** liar, I'll just go spend some time with my wife.

Final edit: I've been on the small side of the debate on many topics across many different platforms in the few dozen years I've been living. In all that time, to include time on this forum specifically, what usually happens is that there's a debate, and then some liberal goes off calling everybody f****** morons and wishing their mother's dead, at which point the conservatives come back and say it's another libtard calling names because they can't be mature and they have no facts and they have no position and so it's just dead mother time. I'm neither a libtard nor a name caller. If anyone would like to stop calling names and have a discussion, that'd be fine. If you really want to keep using the names, that's fine too. I can be whatever libtard pansy whiny a** commie f** idiot **** with a erection That you want me to be. I'll still trade cigars with you and have a good time on the vherf and whatever because I'm not an x-purt on merry-go-rounds 😉 I don't have feelings and it doesn't make me angry or sad. Just pointing out the inconsistency of the whole thing.

Post edited by VegasFrank on
    Don't look ↑
  • Options

Remember Frank, it's not always about you.
    You should know by now, I push buttons.
    If you don't realize that by now, they I guess you aren't as smart as I give you credit for.
    If nothing I post creates any thought into the subject, then the one sided mind comment is correct.
    Sorry.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options

@0patience said:
    Remember Frank, it's not always about you.
    You should know by now, I push buttons.
    If you don't realize that by now, they I guess you aren't as smart as I give you credit for.
    If nothing I post creates any thought into the subject, then the one sided mind comment is correct.
    Sorry.

I love you brother; I really take no offense, I promise! And everything is ALWAYS about me--i thought you knew that about me. 😆 (Genuine lol emoji, not a message)

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to shyt on the board, flap its wings & knock over all the pieces and strut around like it won anyway.

It has been remarked by a wise man that he who wrestles with a hog must expect to be spattered with filth, whether he is vanquished or not. This maxim I have long known and appreciated; nevertheless, there are occasions when it must be disregarded. A man may be attacked in such a way that he is compelled to flagellate his hogship, even at the risk of being contaminated by the unclean beast.

Don’t wrestle with hogs. You both get filthy and the hog likes it.

Arguing points these days is all but impossible when simple truths can't even be agreed upon, reality is what one declares, facts can be viewed as alternative and chaos, fear and conspiracies are recycled in self-righteous echo-chamber gangs/groups that view everyone else as the "true" enemy.

Some of you have much more tolerance to nonsense than I. Good luck in your endeavors to find common ground; and may the force be with you. B)

• Options

I guess I'm the pigeon. Or the hog? Fvck man, I'm confused....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Least your not a chicken on the Jerry Jones farm

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

@0patience said:
    My point, which you so eloquently missed, was that you cannot categorize every gun into one category, just as you cannot do that with people.
    Mustard gas is illegal. You lost me on that one.
    Again, you read into something, what is not there.

You seriously have a hard on for anyone who supports guns.
    Seriously.

I knew you'd be one of the first to reply and you did not disappoint. ROFL!

But I'm just a simpleton, what do I know? ;):D

I have no idea who Alex Jones is or how it is even relevant to anything.

My point, which you so eloquently missed, is that nobody with actual knowledge of the topic or power to influence anyone really classifies all guns into one category.

You "had someone tell you" something and you went off on a rant. Red herring.

Then you attack me because of my anti-gun views, putting words in my mouth like "simpleton" and "hard on," which I never said, thought, or inferred. Then your sidekick posts a meme alluding to my existence as a "whiny little bïtch." Classic.

I'm the one with a hard on?

I am not anti-gun. I have owned guns. I have shot guns. I have carried and used guns in my professional life. I support private ownership of firearms.

I do not support divisive language and flawed argumentation, both of which were in abundance in your first post and in your reply.

I suspect that, in your heart of hearts, you really knew I would jump on your post because the argument was flawed and is nothing more than a distraction to the core of the debate on firearms.

Go back and look through all of my posts on this subject. My mantra has always been "poor argument" and "own your own solution before someone else does."

No hard on, no simpletons. Just a whiny little bītch trying to instill a little discipline into the conversation.

Actually, the bill that is being pushed would classify the Ruger 10-22 an assault rifle. Along with many others.
    We can go on and on though. Real assault rifles and all the other bad stuff is already illegal.

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

@Rdp77 said:
    There is no such thing as an “assault” rifle. Assault is an action. Inanimate objects can not commit actions. Just like there are no assault knives, assault Uhaul trucks, assault Kool aid, or any other object that has been used to harm people. The problem is the moral compass of society. Not objects. If someone wishes to do people harm there is no law or constraint against a certain item that will keep them from doing so.
    Until people as a whole decide to fix the moral compass of society there is no fixing the problem. No, you cannot blame it on a politician on either side because if not for society allowing them to be in that position they would not be there.
    Bickering and arguing over doesn’t fix or help anything. Stop blaming objects and find the real problem. That’s us...we are the problem.

Damn it! Now I don't know what to call my pitching wedge....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@Rdp77 said:
    Don’t call me Damn it! You’ll give me flashbacks. I thought that was my name up until I was 16.
    “ shut up Damn it”
    “ stop Damn it”
    “ go away Damn it”

You had nice parents. My name is motherfücker

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lady at church once asked my cousin Dennis what his middle name was.
    "Erwin", he replied.
    " I thought that was your last name?" She asked.
    "No, it's the middle, my last name is sonofabitch."

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

The E.P.A. approved toxic chemicals for fracking a decade ago, according to new files, despite the agency’s own serious concerns about their use.
    Monday, July 12, 2021 6:39 AM EST

For much of the past decade, oil companies engaged in drilling and fracking have been allowed to pump into the ground chemicals that, over time, can break down into toxic substances known as PFAS — a class of long-lasting compounds known to pose a threat to people and wildlife — according to internal documents from the Environmental Protection Agency.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    The E.P.A. approved toxic chemicals for fracking a decade ago, according to new files, despite the agency’s own serious concerns about their use.

For much of the past decade, oil companies engaged in drilling and fracking have been allowed to pump into the ground chemicals that, over time, can break down into toxic substances known as PFAS — a class of long-lasting compounds known to pose a threat to people and wildlife — according to internal documents from the Environmental Protection Agency.

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
    So...
    What were the alternatives at the time?
    Why was this alternative chosen?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@webmost said:

@silvermouse said:

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
    So...
    What were the alternatives at the time?
    Why was this alternative chosen?

You know the answer to that. It's always economics, which are party and platform neutral...

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2021

It's about to turn into the Wild West here September 1st for those who weren't aware.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/16/texas-constitutional-carry-greg-abbott/

I'm getting an Amber alert a day, thanks to these sick animals pouring over... Crime is now through the roof ! Thanks Joey... the puppet.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

I guess it's a good time to be a veterinarian in Texas....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    I guess it's a good time to be a veterinarian in Texas....

Yep just casterate all the sex offenders, keep the children safe!

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options

And apparently they steal cars with Texas license plates too

Don't look ↑
  • Options

Califoregon strikes again.
    https://www.gohunt.com/read/news/oregon-initiative-petition-13-proposes-to-criminalize-hunting#gs.6h0oq1

While I don't think this will ever go through, the fact that this is even brought up in the media means there are people thinking about this.
    We have a problem with bobcats, mountain lions and bears as it is.
    Imagine if hunting was outlawed.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said: