Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

The left are completely unhinged.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Califoregon strikes again.
    https://www.gohunt.com/read/news/oregon-initiative-petition-13-proposes-to-criminalize-hunting#gs.6h0oq1

While I don't think this will ever go through, the fact that this is even brought up in the media means there are people thinking about this.
    We have a problem with bobcats, mountain lions and bears as it is.
    Imagine if hunting was outlawed.

I read the whole “About IP13” …… that’s really really far left right there. 🤦‍♂️

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    https://www.gohunt.com/read/news/oregon-initiative-petition-13-proposes-to-criminalize-hunting#gs.6h0oq1

While I don't think this will ever go through, the fact that this is even brought up in the media means there are people thinking about this.

Animal jails seem like a good idea

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TheKraken said:

@0patience said:

Animal jails seem like a good idea

Nah, we'll have overcrowding. Best to parole them.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

In non-political news...
    This woman (in Reno) broke into a dentist's office, pretended to be a dentist, removed 13 teeth, then stole a bunch of money and fled...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options

There you go, preppers. Readily available foods with a long shelf life.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    There you go, preppers. Readily available foods with a long shelf life.

And that Crap is full of so much salt.
    I used to think sugar was the problem with most foods, but salt is so much worse.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

My daughter got her identity stolen apparently and the person got a speeding ticket last week.

This is going to be fun to straighten out.

• Options
    edited July 2021

Called the sheriffs department this morning to get this straightened out. Went though 8 menu items, none matched what I needed then bingo “press 0 for everything else”. Woman answered and I told her what was going. She says how did you get this number? I told her the menu transferred me, then she tells me its the desk phone at the 911 dispatch. She laughed it off and told me 911 couldn’t help me.

She transferred me to the clerk of court, they transferred me to the DA’s office and they transferred me to the highway patrol.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,545 ✭✭✭✭✭

@deadman said:
    Called the sheriffs department this morning to get this straightened out. Went though 8 menu items, none matched what I needed then bingo “press 0 for everything else”. Woman answered and I told her what was going. She says how did you get this number? I told her the menu transferred me, then she tells me its the desk phone at the 911 dispatch. She laughed it off and told me 911 couldn’t help me.

She transferred me to the clerk of court, they transferred me to the DA’s office and they transferred me to the highway patrol.

Good luck. Someone stole my wife's purse, a long time ago, and we got contacted by the THP that they had the wallet, etc., a few months later. Called the number they'd left on the phone, nobody knew nuthin'. She dealt with it for awhile, then one day about 4 or 5 years later we get another THP call, they did indeed have the wallet about 2 towns over. We got it back about 6 years after it went missing.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

Waiting to hear from the officer. He has to confirm his paperwork if that’s right the then has to verify that she wasn’t the person he gave the ticket too, then we’ll have to file a report with the sheriff.

• Options

Career over.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's remarkable how one news story after another studiously avoids mention of Tommy Bryant's party affiliation.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@webmost said:
    It's remarkable how one news story after another studiously avoids mention of Tommy Bryant's party affiliation.

Maybe because he can't be party affiliated in a city election....

"While city elections are nonpartisan in Alabama, the state Democratic Party issued a statement calling for Bryant's resignation"

Not everything is a conspiracy.

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's as if no one has read a science fiction book before. The UAE is going to be sending drones into clouds, to electrocute them, to make artificial rainfall.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1826651/middle-east

• Options
    edited July 2021

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    It's as if no one has read a science fiction book before. The UAE is going to be sending drones into clouds, to electrocute them, to make artificial rainfall.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/1826651/middle-east

60 years ago the US was dropping silver particles into clouds to do the same thing.

How many clouds do they have in the desert, they should be looking into desalination research

• Options

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

oh yes, you can make it up:

Survey: 8% have falsified or fabricated data
    An estimated 8% of scientists who participated in an anonymous survey of research practices at Dutch universities confessed to falsifying and/or fabricating data at least once between 2017 and 2020. More than 10% of medical and life-science researchers admitted to committing this type of fraud, the survey found.

• Options

@silvermouse said:

An estimated 8% of scientists who participated in an anonymous survey of research practices at Dutch universities confessed to falsifying and/or fabricating data at least once between 2017 and 2020. More than 10% of medical and life-science researchers admitted to committing this type of fraud, the survey found.

Got a link to the study?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

So what we are finding is that people lie to support their cause? But it didn’t specify what they were lying about. Could be something you’re for or against.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Vision said:

@silvermouse said:

So what we are finding is that people lie to support their cause? But it didn’t specify what they were lying about. Could be something you’re for or against.

Mathematicians will often throw out algorithms that do not support their theories and continue to work on algorithms until they find one that does. .

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

Studies are usually rigged by the people conducting them to suit the preferred outcome of the entity paying for the study. The days of honest researchers are gone. Same as honest journalists. Didja notice they stopped calling themselves reporters a long time ago?

• Options

This study surveys researchers in the Netherlands.
    Begs the question: Have similar surveys researched researchers here? Elsewhere?

• Options

Here's a report from 2009, try a Google search for more

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0005738

• Options

Thanks.
    Handy to see suspicions verified and quantified.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^^ Yep, science says cloth masks protect you.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

Isn't that what they wear at the biolabs?