Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Booze prices in the luxury box at raiders stadium

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP), 49% of adults between the ages of 55 and 66 had no personal retirement savings.

When broken down further by sex, that comes to 46.8% of men and 50.2% of women that don’t have funds set aside for their golden years.

The data also says that 12% of men and 15% of women aged 65 and older rely on Social Security for 90% or more of their income.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:
    Booze prices in the luxury box at raiders stadium

Tito's is good, but not $1450 good...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

One in Three Biden Supporters Think Trump Shooting Might Have Been Staged

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-shooting-assassination-conspiracy-theory-staged-biden-poll-1925723
    One third of those who support Joe Biden said they believe the attack may have been staged and had never been intended to kill the former president.

Tell that to the poor guy that got shot in the head and the others that were wounded. Notice how the media has ignored thus and only publishes how Trump may have set it up?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

NEW YORK (AP) — A U.S. government report expected to stir debate concluded that fluoride in drinking water at twice the recommended limit is linked with lower IQ in children.

https://apnews.com/article/fluoride-water-brain-neurology-iq-0a671d2de3b386947e2bd5a661f437a5

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Well that explains a lot.

edited August 22

ugh, influencers....

A worldwide TikTok craze for cucumber salads has led to a shortage of the vegetable in Iceland. After recipes posted by influencer Logan Moffitt — known as “cucumber guy” to his fans — went viral, Icelandic shoppers emptied stores, with one grocery chain forced to fly in an emergency shipment from the Netherlands

and

WIRED POLITICS LAB | 22-MINUTE READ
    Influencers Take Over the DNC

BY LEAH FEIGER

At the 2024 Democratic National Convention, influencers boarded yachts, sipped “Midwest Margaritas,” and attended a “Hotties for Harris” event.

edited August 28

Nearly 1/3 of Companies Suffered a SaaS Data Breach in Last Year

"Thirty-one percent of organisations experienced a SaaS data breach in the last 12 months, a 5% increase over the previous year, a new report has found. This surge may be linked to inadequate visibility of the apps being deployed, including third-party connections to core SaaS platforms.

Nearly half of firms who use Microsoft 365 believe they have fewer than 10 applications connected to the platform, but the report’s aggregated data shows that the average number of connections is over a thousand. A third admitted that they don’t know how many SaaS apps are deployed in their organisation."

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/appomni-saas-security-report/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as_a_service

Things are not looking good in the digital world.

• IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:

"Thirty-one percent of organisations experienced a SaaS data breach in the last 12 months, a 5% increase over the previous year, a new report has found. This surge may be linked to inadequate visibility of the apps being deployed, including third-party connections to core SaaS platforms.

Nearly half of firms who use Microsoft 365 believe they have fewer than 10 applications connected to the platform, but the report’s aggregated data shows that the average number of connections is over a thousand. A third admitted that they don’t know how many SaaS apps are deployed in their organisation."

Good news, analog audio turntables are making a comeback

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Gen Z’s typing proficiency is reportedly dwindling as young people adapt to touch screens, with keyboarding falling to the wayside — just like writing in cursive.

The Wall Street Journal reported that some high schoolers are more adept at typing on their iPads — with one 18-year-old writing an 8-page paper on one such device — or smartphones, rather than a traditional keyboard.
    While he’s less concerned with the speed at which people type, he fears that the increased reliance on smart devices will degrade the way young people communicate.

“I suspect auto-correct and generative AI are more likely to have a deteriorating effect on the ability to write,” he told Daily Mail.

https://nypost.com/2024/08/27/lifestyle/gen-z-doesnt-know-how-to-use-a-keyboard/

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ability to write…with a keyboard? My iPad has a keyboard. So does the phone I’m typing on now.
    I wonder what their argument is for it being better to type that paper on a typewriter or p.c. as compared to an iPad.

I would wager not many writers do more than take notes on a tablet or phone.

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:

@silvermouse said:

Good news, analog audio turntables are making a comeback

But I thought record sales were up.... I don't remember turn table sales talk....

But.....

https://www.statista.com/chart/amp/7699/lp-sales-in-the-united-states/

Not only do we have a huge influx of new vinyl Buyers but it looks like the majority of these new to vinyl consumers are listening to jazz and world music. Sounds exactly like the younger generation I know...... Well, maybe not. 🤣😂😅

I was going to but the work van only has a USB port.

• d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

My cassettes, 8 tracks, reel to reel and albums are gone but I still have a decent turntable.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

@Vision said:
    I was going to but the work van only has a USB port.

I know for a fact you can find a turntable with a USB output

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.

LA’s new arena is fully digitized
    Facial recognition cameras are everywhere, and good luck buying anything without its official app. (The Atlantic $)

“Larger, heavier and often more powerful electric vehicles not only require more resources to build — thereby increasing their environmental footprint — but also undermine the potential gains from electrification due to their greater energy consumption and associated emissions across the vehicle and fuel lifecycles,”

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-024-01559-x.epdf?sharing_token=TP5da_G3UnaQczzOdWvcS9RgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PwWr-LMfRlrkSbEYsJ_4EshM0w7SneQoipS4Xkxo7Yys66V876_WefxmC_Ea7Du6PkJiV82ETjpYYvqtdvzedNQqXErPlo3747PyDCkjhp_zz4O5idcpOW9OBUKeOrQbc=

• TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^^ Sounds like something one might read in the Epoch Times. ;)

edited August 31

On another vehicle-related note, in Pennsylvania it costs 145% more to register a pickup truck than a car/SUV. Truck - $110/yr., Car - $45/yr.
    I do not know the state's reasoning behind the difference.

ETA: What does vehicle registration cost in your state? And is it annual, or one-time?

Post edited by TRayB on
    edited August 31

@silvermouse said:
    “Larger, heavier and often more powerful electric vehicles not only require more resources to build — thereby increasing their environmental footprint — but also undermine the potential gains from electrification due to their greater energy consumption and associated emissions across the vehicle and fuel lifecycles,”

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41560-024-01559-x.epdf?sharing_token=TP5da_G3UnaQczzOdWvcS9RgN0jAjWel9jnR3ZoTv0PwWr-LMfRlrkSbEYsJ_4EshM0w7SneQoipS4Xkxo7Yys66V876_WefxmC_Ea7Du6PkJiV82ETjpYYvqtdvzedNQqXErPlo3747PyDCkjhp_zz4O5idcpOW9OBUKeOrQbc=

The writer touches only briefly on the affect on roads of the increased weight of EVs relative to ICE vehicles (and only from the environmental perspective), especially the weight of large commercial vehicles. In most US states, liquid fuels taxes are the primary funding source for road construction and maintenance/repairs. These taxes have to be replaced somehow, as EV use increases.

Car/pickup truck $60 every 2 years
    Commercial trucks $40/1000 lbs

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every year
    My truck is something like 175
    And tahoe is about 100.

A percentage of the vehicle's assessed value based on MSRP. 10 percent depreciation subtracted per year. This year, it cost me about 1600 bucks to register my 2 cars.