Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

1248249250251252254»

Comments

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silenced While Collecting Petitions at The Big E!

Yesterday, The Civil Rights Collation peacefully collected signatures at The Big E for a petition to get a question on the ballot for 2026. This petition concerns Chapter 135, an act of 2024 from Bill H4885, which impacts our Second Amendment rights.

However, we were asked to leave because Governor Maura Healey was present. Our simple petition signing was interrupted because they didn’t want any signs related to the Second Amendment or politics in the background of her visit.

This is an infringement on our First Amendment rights. We were there peacefully but were silenced simply because our views didn’t align with hers. It’s frustrating to see our rights being suppressed like this.

We will continue to stand up for our First and Second Amendment rights. We won’t be silenced in our efforts to protect our freedoms.

We must do more!!

Signing this petition is just the start of spreading awareness, spread the word. If you haven't signed the petition or know someone who hasn't, please visit the coalition's website to find out where you can make a difference by signing for freedom.

https://thecivilrightscoalition.com/signature-locations-and-drives/

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

Chinese zoo ADMITS what we all knew about its ‘pandas’
    By Emily Crane
    Published Sep. 19, 2024, 8:42 a.m. ET

All-out panda-monium!

Zoogoers in China have been left outraged after discovering that the so-called “pandas” they were cooing over were just painted dogs.

The duped visitors claimed they only realized the scam at the Shanwei zoo when one of the apparent pandas started panting and barking, according to local media.

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://cybernews.com/security/us-mc2-background-check-data-leak/

What was likely to be a human error exposed 106,316,633 records containing private information about US citizens, raising serious concerns about privacy and safety. Estimates suggest that at least 100 million individuals were affected by this massive data leak.

People and organizations needing background checks have also been exposed, as the data of 2,319,873 users who subscribed to MC2 Data services was leaked.

Leaked data included:

Names
    Emails
    IP addresses
    User agents
    Encrypted passwords
    Partial payment information
    Home addresses
    Dates of birth
    Phone numbers
    Property records
    Legal records
    Property records
    Family, relatives, neighbors data
    Employment history

• VisionVision Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Silenced While Collecting Petitions at The Big E!

Yesterday, The Civil Rights Collation peacefully collected signatures at The Big E for a petition to get a question on the ballot for 2026. This petition concerns Chapter 135, an act of 2024 from Bill H4885, which impacts our Second Amendment rights.

However, we were asked to leave because Governor Maura Healey was present. Our simple petition signing was interrupted because they didn’t want any signs related to the Second Amendment or politics in the background of her visit.

This is an infringement on our First Amendment rights. We were there peacefully but were silenced simply because our views didn’t align with hers. It’s frustrating to see our rights being suppressed like this.

We will continue to stand up for our First and Second Amendment rights. We won’t be silenced in our efforts to protect our freedoms.

We must do more!!

Signing this petition is just the start of spreading awareness, spread the word. If you haven't signed the petition or know someone who hasn't, please visit the coalition's website to find out where you can make a difference by signing for freedom.

https://thecivilrightscoalition.com/signature-locations-and-drives/

Did they ask or have permission to do so on the property? Post the link and I'll read it.

The Eastern States Exposition, also known as The Big E, is a not-for-profit educational institution in Massachusetts that is not owned by any individual or group. The Big E's governing body is a volunteer Board of Trustees that includes representatives from each of the six New England states.

edited September 21

@ShawnOL can you honestly post the link to where you saw that. I couldn't find it searching "Big E Second Amendment Civil Rights Coalition"

Edit
    Only place I can find it is on the Gun Owners Action League Instagram. I can't find anything factual to back up their claim.

Post edited by Vision on

IMHO, this emergence was not an emergency

Scandinavian Airlines flight makes emergency landing after mouse jumps out of in-flight meal

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fox-news-air-space/scandinavian-airlines-flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-mouse-jumps-out-in-flight-meal

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,148 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    IMHO, this emergence was not an emergency

Scandinavian Airlines flight makes emergency landing after mouse jumps out of in-flight meal

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fox-news-air-space/scandinavian-airlines-flight-makes-emergency-landing-after-mouse-jumps-out-in-flight-meal

"This is something that happens extremely rarely," Scandinavian Airlines spokesperson Oystein Schmidt told Agence France-Presse.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

I know, lets put passengers through an extra landing and takeoff, make them all change to a different jet, move all their luggage (hopefully) and delay them by a few hours because --
    a mouse. It is not like it was biting their shoes or chewing on a hydraulic line.

@Vision said:
    @ShawnOL can you honestly post the link to where you saw that. I couldn't find it searching "Big E Second Amendment Civil Rights Coalition"

Edit
    Only place I can find it is on the Gun Owners Action League Instagram. I can't find anything factual to back up their claim.

It was in the goal weekly newsletter.

@ShawnOL said:

@Vision said:

Edit

It was in the goal weekly newsletter.

I could be wrong, which I usually am (go ahead and hit that agree) but it looks like fake news. The only place reporting it is GOAL. Seems like it would be a bigger deal than just a gun advocacy group reporting it. But if I am wrong, just post the link and I'll read it.