Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like many, my insurance climbed with this change. I am now paying damn near 14k a year for insurance I can’t use, because my deductible is insane. I am all for the 20% flat taxed socialized medical now...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    Like many, my insurance climbed with this change. I am now paying damn near 14k a year for insurance I can’t use, because my deductible is insane. I am all for the 20% flat taxed socialized medical now...
    Before you make up your mind about socialized medical, should talk to Vets and Native Americans.
    Both have govt medical and both are govt funded/run medical.
    Both, the doctors do the bare minimum and the medicines that are "allowed" are minimum.

As much as I hate to admit it, medical need some form of regulation. NOT from insurance companies who benefit from it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We had a German engineer transfer to our plant two months ago. Today we had our open enrollment meeting. He saw the prices and about had a stroke right there. 
  • Options
    0patience said:
    Wylaff said:
    Before you make up your mind about socialized medical, should talk to Vets and Native Americans.
    Both, the doctors do the bare minimum and the medicines that are "allowed" are minimum.

As much as I hate to admit it, medical need some form of regulation. NOT from insurance companies who benefit from it.
    If your the only guy not getting paid while all your colleagues are making bank, you’d probably be bitter too. On the other had, if everything is regulated the same (Oh, Canada!) people would be able to get the treatment they needed without losing everything in the process.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Donna Brazile: I found 'proof' the DNC rigged the nomination for Hillary Clinton

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/02/donna-brazile-found-proof-dnc-rigged-nomination-for-hillary-clinton.html

Talk about turning on your own.....want the questions hillary?
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    0patience said:
    Wylaff said:

If your the only guy not getting paid while all your colleagues are making bank, you’d probably be bitter too. On the other had, if everything is regulated the same (Oh, Canada!) people would be able to get the treatment they needed without losing everything in the process.
    Not sure I follow.
    If they chose to work there, they can't blame anyone but themselves.
    Some doctors who work for Indian Health have had their schooling paid for, so it's part of working off their tuition. They knew that going in.
    If I went to work for someone paying less, that's their fault, cause the opportunities are there. 

It's all about what you choose to do.
    If I wanted to go to work in the metro area, I could make more money, but I chose to live where I do and do just fine. The $15K per year that I would make extra would be eaten up by the added expenses of living in the city.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    If there are 2 camps, one funded entirely by the government, and one privately funded, you would naturally expect them to differ significantly in the treatment they offer. If absolutely everything is covered by your taxes, and there is no private sector, there would be no difference in the treatment you receive anywhere. At the moment the government provided is decidedly sub-par, with better drugs and resources available to the private sector. But if everything was covered (socialized medical), the providers are not simply going to forget the good drugs and treatments exist, they would just become available to the masses.

If you were a drug company, and you were told sell to everyone at this set price, or cease existing, odds are you would not willingly implode.

• Options
    @Wylaff

I guess I have been lucky.

When I retired (did not want to) the union I belonged to made sure we were not forced to use obozocare. We had coverage (changed providers at least 5 times since) with a "decent" group. My scripts went way up because of obozocare, and the co-pay doubled to $10. I was allowed to chose my own doctor. Certain meds were no longer allowed but that impact was minor. Even so, the pharmacist tells me we have excellent prescription coverage.
    Medicare pays the biggest chunk and the insurance pays the rest. Vision and  dental coverage sucks, I think it does for everyone.

I don't know what we would do if we had to go with an insurance plan totally. It would eat my SS and there would be very little left.

I have noticed that certain procedures that once were covered are now considered cosmetic, and are no longer covered. And my doctor is telling me certain lab tests are being cut from coverage. The big shoe that is going to drop in the future is going to be about pain pills. We all know it is coming.

My mother lives in a complete care facility, and I am very impressed by it, she wants for nothing. It may be what is in store for all of us in the future.
  • Options
    In a true socialized medical system it wouldn't matter how much, or what you needed. It's baked in. The problem we have it that we take a capitalistic medical system, and try to pass it off as socialized. We're gonna make $X per pill, so there better not be an alternative.

As soon as we go true socialized we not only lose the expensive azz name brands, but we also lose the people profiting off of the recommendation. If I'm sick, I don't care if something is an off brand. I just care if it works.

• Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And then you get the death panels deciding how valuable you are vs how much it would take to keep you alive. No thanks. Can I just buy what I need/want? And ask everyone else to do the same?
  • Options
    Too many fingers in the pie. Too much corruption and fraud. Does that pill really cost $10. A hospital charges $20 for a Breathe Rite that the patient brought with him. 
    Plus.
    Looking at a system that works would mean that our know it alls don't know it all.
  • Options
    World’s most expensive whiskey revealed to be a scam

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/11/04/world-s-most-expensive-whiskey-revealed-as-scam.html

...so many experts were in attendance...

• Options
    If I thought that we would go in, take care of business and get the hell out, I'd be all for it. But........
    We haven't done that in the last 50 years, so our track record sucks.
    If we had to fight WW2 all over again, we'd lose out a$$es, cause no one has the balls to go in and make it a giant parking lot.
    Kind of why the last 50 years we've taken way too many casualties in "conflicts" and basically accomplished nothing.

I know, what about the innocent people?
    Well, if we were invaded by a force that wanted to take us out, do you really think they are worried about it?

Send a group in and take out the little munchkin and call it a day.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orrrr... we could just blow them to smithereens and call it a day. That might make too much sense though.  
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's face it: Earth is overpopulated. 
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    CrisiusCrisius Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Agreed, let's start by getting rid of all violent religions. Also known as religions. :D That's billions of people gone right there! And a lot less nut bags to boot!
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    webmost said:
    Crisius said:
    webmost said:
    Agreed, let's start by getting rid of all violent religions. Also known as religions. :D That's billions of people gone right there! And a lot less nut bags to boot!

Those who worship the State are adamantly intolerant of any other religion. 

:D sorry had to.
  • Options
    If The Supreme Court Takes This Gun Control Case, Its Decision Will Be Huge

We have so many gun "laws" on the books and this one is not going to do a thing to stop the mass murders. If the existing laws already on the books had been followed, and enforced the latest mass murder would not have happened. There are so many "incidents" in the past that happened because someone fell asleep at the wheel, and some sicko was able to purchase a firearm and commit multiple murders. And legally armed citizens are showing up more and more to put an end to the xxxxxxx losers rampages.

I'm sorry, I did not want to comment on the latest outrage but this case is an example of another useless attempt at stupidity just to get a headline. Politicians, if you want an honest headline and maybe be a hero, force the enforcement of existing laws equally across the board. And not just about firearms, make it about everything.
  • Options
    Bob Costas warns future of football is bleak because sport 'destroys people's brains'

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/09/bob-costas-warns-future-football-is-bleak-because-sport-destroys-peoples-brains.html

Of course this hypocrite could not possibly be attempting to hide the fact that he introduced politics to a formerly pure escapism Sunday afternoon and viewership has been going down ever since.

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    Bob Costas warns future of football is bleak because sport 'destroys people's brains'

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/11/09/bob-costas-warns-future-football-is-bleak-because-sport-destroys-peoples-brains.html

Of course this hypocrite could not possibly be attempting to hide the fact that he introduced politics to a formerly pure escapism Sunday afternoon and viewership has been going down ever since.

The wussification of America.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wrote to Apple regarding their censorship policy:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/apple-s-war-on-cigars
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    just wrote to Apple regarding their censorship policy:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/apple-s-war-on-cigars
    That is some BS right there. The comments section is spot on.

Edit: I just read the first few comments. I did not get into the political shít.
  • Options

God denies allegations of sexual misconduct with teenage virgin