Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh c'mon, I depend on you guys for un-biased news and have one tidbit from Edward today. Are you on vacation?
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking at the news this morning I see that yet another actress who posed nude for photos is shocked that people are looking at the photos.  Outrageous!

I can't help but wonder what the headlines will look like a hundred years from now.  Perhaps the new "normal" will be challenged 

Tennessee Man admits to Opposite Se x Attraction Disorder!!

"Yes, it's true" he said "I've always been attracted to females.  It's my burden." 

His teachers confirmed "He was always a strange child, like whenever the National Anthem was played, instead of squatting and making farting noises like the other kids, he'd stand straight up and put his hand over his heart until the whole thing was finished.  So weird!"

Neighbors weighed in, as well;  "Well, one time we came to his house and told him that one of the neighborhood kids had been accused of writing sexist graffiti.  Instead of getting his torch and helping us burn the family's house down, like any good citizen would, He asked a bunch of stupid questions like 'Did anyone see this?' and starting spouting off a bunch of crap about 'Innocent until proven guilty' and such.  I mean, what a weirdo!  Geez, what is this, the 1800's?"

:/
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat you and @webmost are two of the only people who can consistently make me laugh. <3
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beat me to it @deadman. The guy's got an, um, interesting approach to life.
  • Options
    "This whole tech thing," he said in the June interview. "I'm really behind the eight ball."
    That's a helluva thing for a flat earther to say...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    He switched his pitch to Flat Eath for the Benjamin's. Maybe it's easier to separate Flat Eathers from their money. 

Yakity Yak, Eath is flat
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    #piegate

• Options

• Options
    Please Disable Your Adblocker...
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Please Disable Your Adblocker...
    You can temporarily suspend it to read the article. They get a little add revenue, and I don't have to pay to read the damn article. And if their adds are a pita, just block them again and move on.

• Options

Inmate with skull-face tattoo escapes California work crew

This guy is going to be hard to find.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Inmate with skull-face tattoo escapes California work crew

This guy is going to be hard to find.
    The look in his eyes says it all - the lights are on but nobody’s home...  
  • Options
    The Yeti is actually a bunch of bears.

Always nice to see something non-political in the news.

• Options
    FDA Warns Dog Owners About Bone Treats

For those unaware, you shouldn't give dogs any cooked or processed bones. They should enjoy them raw and malleable. 

• Options
    Wylaff said:
    FDA Warns Dog Owners About Bone Treats

For those unaware, you shouldn't give dogs any cooked or processed bones. They should enjoy them raw and malleable. 
    bump
  • Options

• Options
    FUNNY Sarah Sanders Says She'll Bake Pecan Pies for the White House Press Corps

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/30/sarah-sanders-says-shell-bake-pecan-pies-white-house-press-corps

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is going to change things:

General Motors thinks it can make billions of dollars building and operating a fleet of self-driving cars, taking on UBER, LYFT and others. "This business is potentially bigger than our current core business," CFO Chuck Stevens told analysts yesterday. GM hopes to launch its autonomous robo-taxi fleets in big cities by 2019.
  • Options
    Journalists' group 'grateful' after Walmart pulls 'offensive' T-shirt

http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/2017/12/01/journalists-group-grateful-after-walmart-pulls-offensive-t-shirt.html

Offensive to journalists?

• Options
    edited December 2017
    There have been a lot of decisions, business moves and tech advantages leading up to this. It isn’t new but it’s one of the first steps towards this really being implemented. Will be interesting to see if this really comes to pass this quickly or not. 

This is also brigs up a point where in the programming that is meant to kill either the driver and passengers or make a choice to kill someone else. What I mean by that is this: if the car senses there is about to be an accident but it can avoid it by evading onto the sidewalk or into something else but there are pedestrians there, does it crash and potentially kill the driver and passengers or does it detour and run over the pedestrians and make that choice. That’s just one example of hundreds, but how do you program that and who is then responsible?

Just a small aside, and this does scare me. Add into the equation people with their heads buried in a cell phone and the ever growing "not paying attention" to where you are walking or what you are doing. I have been cussed out more than once because because I had the audacity to honk my horn (while stopped) at someone blind to the fact they were crossing the street against the light. I am seriously thinking about installing a boat horn for such occasions.
  • Options
    "Don't Try This at Home"

Massive New York fire started by amateur bladesmith attempting to imitate History Channel's 'Forged in Fire'

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/12/01/cohoes-fire-started-by-amateur-bladesmith-attempting-to-imitate-history-channels-forged-in-fire-says-report.html