you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    just wrote to Apple regarding their censorship policy:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/apple-s-war-on-cigars
    The hell with Apple.
    That is censorship of the worst kind.
    The fact that weed apps are allowed and cigar apps are not, shows that the hippie-ism movement is stronger than one would believe.

Oh wait, I use android. And now I remember why.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    just wrote to Apple regarding their censorship policy:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/apple-s-war-on-cigars
    The hell with Apple.
    That is censorship of the worst kind.
    The fact that weed apps are allowed and cigar apps are not, shows that the hippie-ism movement is stronger than one would believe.

Oh wait, I use android. And now I remember why.
    That might be the tipping point that gets me back to Android. Not that I would ever use that app, but just on principle.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Boy toy,' 'trophy wife' on student worksheet outrages Virginia parents

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/15/boy-toy-trophy-wife-on-student-worksheet-outrages-virginia-parents.html

Are those gender pronouns?
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robot granted citizenship by Saudi Arabia.

https://youtu.be/E8Ox6H64yu8

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost said:

Note no burka
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    webmost said:

Note no burka
    It messes up the WiFi connection
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, will they let her drive?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But, will they let her drive?
    Only if it’s a USB drive hahahaha 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    webmost said:

Note no burka
    That was noted in the article. Strange stuff. This same AI a year ago said she would like to torture humans....
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    webmost said:

Tom Hanks accused of touching balls on set of ‘Cast Away’

Hanks and just one of his accusers.

I can't help but notice that so many of the accusations we're hearing are events that took place in the 70's. 

It was, after all, the 70's!  The mantra was Sechs, Drogen, and Rock & Roll.  No one had heard of AIDS, Herpes was thought to be rare and obscure, and "Hey Babe, wanna snort a line off my...." wasn't considered coercion by either party at the time. 

Not that I'd know...of course. o:)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmost said:

I can't help but notice that so many of the accusations we're hearing are events that took place in the 70's. 

It was, after all, the 70's!  The mantra was Sechs, Drogen, and Rock & Roll.  No one had heard of AIDS, Herpes was thought to be rare and obscure, and "Hey Babe, wanna snort a line off my...." wasn't considered coercion by either party at the time. 

At least every accusation of Louis CK says he asked for prrmission.
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Wylaff said:
    webmost said:

Sounds like we're so far down the rabbit-hole that "yes" can now be said to mean "no". :(

• Options
    Wylaff said:
    webmost said:

Sounds like we're so far down the rabbit-hole that "yes" can now be said to mean "no". :(
    We are far enough down that "yes" mean "up"....

• Options
    I can't make up my mind.
    Quit reading the news all together.
    Bury my head in the sand.
    Move to Alaska.
    Wear blinders.
    Check out.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    I can't make up my mind.
    Move to Alaska.
    Wear blinders.
    Check out.
    You can see Russia from Alaska. So there's that.

• Options
    jd50ae said:
    I can't make up my mind.
    Move to Alaska.
    Wear blinders.
    Check out.
    Your joining the democratic party?

• Options
    Wylaff said:
    jd50ae said:
    I can't make up my mind.
    Move to Alaska.
    Wear blinders.
    Check out.
    Your joining the democratic party?
    Brought up in a democratic household. Wasn't treated very well when I came home from overseas. Slow and sure migration to the republican party. Even did some organizing. Slow and sure migration to being an independent. But, if a republican is running against a democrat the republican will get my vote, everytime.

But it's not just the politics. It is all the harm we are doing to each other, and ignoring laws, special treatment, failing colleges, the crap our tax money is spent on and dare I say it, the full blown in your face hypocrisy. Let's not forget my personal favorite, making really stupid people famous.
  • Options
    Sketch6995Sketch6995 Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    TXsheepdog harassed and detained for concealed carry of holstered pink sex toy at LAX, LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3D5M2Z7uM
    The higher.......the fewer.  ( Alexander Rozhenko)

What you can't forgive......you will become.
  • Options
    You carry something in a holster designed to look like a gun into an airport, you get what you have coming to you. If nothing else, I'd like to see him booked for intentionally wasting peace officer's time.

• Options
    It's not against the law, that's why he was released.  They decided to waste his time.

• Options
    Obviously people don't usually carry pink dil-dos in holsters. If I was the officer I would be suspicious that he was carrying something else, and using the obvious stupidity of the toy as a cover. So when someone questions him he just says it's a dil-do and the laugh it off and walk away instead of pursuing. I do not think the cops are in the wrong at all, I think the guy with a d*ck masquerading as a gun is in the wrong.

• Options
    I think it's funny all day long.  Joke them if they can't take a........wait I might have that wrong.   :D

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have seen this same picture connected with the Zimbabwean Finance minister.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boys will be boys... Navy pilots do some skywriting with their contrails... draw a d!ck over WA.   For some reason, this has me chuckling a bit.

http://komonews.com/news/local/whidbey-island-navy-pilots-in-hot-water-after-drawing-****-in-sky-over-washington  

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Boys will be boys... Navy pilots do some skywriting with their contrails... draw a d!ck over WA.   For some reason, this has me chuckling a bit.

http://komonews.com/news/local/whidbey-island-navy-pilots-in-hot-water-after-drawing-****-in-sky-over-washington  

I laughed. The Navy did not. 
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KOMO news has deleted the story, there is nothing to see here folks, keep moving
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭✭