Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    Disney princes in 'Snow White,' 'Sleeping Beauty' are sex offenders, professor says

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/02/disney-princes-in-snow-white-sleeping-beauty-are-sex-offenders-professor-says.html

Please, I am begging. Make it stop.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, our beloved Governor Moonbeam rides again....

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I didn’t say the signs were legitimate state signs, Edward, just that they were installed long enough to be noticed. The sentiment expressed is valid, nonetheless. 

Its a d@mned shame that liberals are intent on giving away our country.  IMHO.

Oh, and by the way, if a person were to research it a bit, I think they’d find that Snopes, which is supposed to be an impartial source of verification, is primarily liberal in its representations. 

I mention this because Snopes was involved in the verification or lack thereof of the article about the signs. One should always double-check with truth-or-fiction.com before relying on anything supposedly verified by Snopes....

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I thought it was just some kinda photoshop trick, but I guess somebody went to the trouble of putting up these fake signs, (probably the same jokester that took the photos).

Did any of you actually think the State of California put these signs up? (I don't think any of you did but,...) If you did you might ought to pretend otherwise. LOL

(P. S. This post of mine isn't about the politics, I'm just talking about fake news.)
    Post edited by Bob_Luken on
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^got truth-or-fiction.com bookmarked, thanks. I hear you and mostly agree with you @jlmarta. It wasn't clear to me that the sign was perceived as being fake, but I suffer from terminal literal-ism, not liberalism or conservatism. So it goes.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's another one:

Funny stuff.

I like that "terminal literalism" too. That's a dandy.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    edited January 2018
    It was a well done political prank. Whoever did this planned it well. The false signs were conceived, measured and made in advance of the law going into affect. Then like ninjas they got them perfectly hung and placed.

And I agree with @jlmarta. His whole statement is spot on. No one presented these as a legitimate government statement and signs. Though they are the literal truth.
    My hat is off to the people who hung those signs.

Now if we could get all the criminal immigrants to move to calalafornia and give it to mexico which is probably moonbeams next effort. It just means a longer wall.

And how can these signs be fake news? They exist(ed). Those are real photos. Real people did it. It is a form of protest. They were reported on with no suggestion of being done by calalafornia bureau of whatever. How can anyone believe for a nano second that calalafornia liberals would post the truth about anything, anything at all.

Don't you wish you were a fly on the wall when these were discovered. Can't you imagine all the finger pointing....it was him...no it was her...I had nothing to do with it. It was probably hours before the twits in calalafornia figured out it was ninjas.
  • Options

• Options

So how much you have to pay for a new Silverado, like the one you see there in the distance? Not enough to dissuade a pair of meatheads from off-roading on what they thought was frozen field, where their new truck got stuck. 

So how much to rent a backhoe like this one you see in the foreground? Don't know yet, cause our two meatheads can't say when they'll have it back to wherever they rented from.

Turns out the field they trespassed on is a pond that drains every winter.

The bad news is this pond fills up again with six or eight feet of water every Spring. So. Clock's ticking.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wylaff said:
    hitchBOT

A couple years ago a robot was created to hitchhike around the world entirely off the kindness of strangers. I made it all across Canada, was sent to explore all of Germany, then it was sent to the Netherlands. All very successful with lots of cool pictures. It traveled more than 15000 miles without a hitch.

Then they tried America, and it made it a grand total of 300 miles before being vandalized, dismantled, and left in an alley in Philadelphia...

Doesn’t come as a surprise:(
  • Options
    Looks like somebody O.D.’ed on stupid pills.....  

Did anyone nominate them for the Darwin Award?
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Got this in the mail yesterday. 

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    deadman said:
    Got this in the mail yesterday. 

Them Bastids! What's this crap?  "....will not pay you money" F that S! They need to pay up! As my local ambulance chaser's ad says, "you deserve to be paid for what you've gone through". 
  • Options
    On the other hand, he might just get a “Get out of jail free” card

:#  :#
  • Options
    jlmarta said:

Got one of those in November. I got rear ended by a cop at a stoplight. Still fighting their insurance company. 
  • Options
    deadman said:
    jlmarta said:

Got one of those in November. I got rear ended by a cop at a stoplight. Still fighting their insurance company. 
    That’s humorous. Whatever happened to “the driver in the rear is to have his vehicle under control......”?
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    deadman said:
    jlmarta said:

That’s humorous. Whatever happened to “the driver in the rear is to have his vehicle under control......”?
    He admitted to his supervisor that is was his fault. Problem I’m having is with the insurance company the city uses.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawaii residents and vacationers run for cover, fearing missile attack

Can you imagine getting that message about your home?
    The thoughts that would run through your mind. Where do you go?
    What do you do? Where are all your family?

Then to get notified 20 minutes later, that it was all a mistake. Whoops.
    Then the emotions would go from relief to anger.

An entire state turned upside down for 20+ minutes.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options

In a later statement, the President clarified that he "loves savages. Great, great people."

• Options
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    I blame bath salts.

• Options

8 now charged in toppling of N.C. Confederate statue

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/8-now-charged-in-toppling-of-nc-confederate-statue/ar-AAqfSTS?OCID=ansmsnnews11

This was in Durham, NC few hours south of Charlottesville, VA.
  • Options
  • Options

People Freak Out After Oregon Strikes Law Banning Self-Service Gas Stations

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2015/05/oregon_gas_pump_ban_lifted_in.html

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Florida Officials Order Man to Contain His BBQ Smoke, Add Fuel to Fire of Neighborhood Dispute 

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭