Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes siree bob...Can you dig it?

Power grids getting high on pot: States roll out laws to make cannabis industry more energy efficient

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/03/power-grids-getting-high-on-pot-states-roll-out-laws-to-make-cannabis-industry-more-energy-efficient.html

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Train Carrying 10M Pounds of Poop Stuck in Alabama Town
    'God help us if it gets hot and this material is still out here'
    http://www.newser.com/story/257479/train-full-of-poop-from-nj-ny-stuck-in-alabama-town.html
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Ummmm clintton on a melted cheese samich...could anyone tell it was melted
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no part of Clinton I’d ever put in my mouth period. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options

You just had to go there.

Dintcha.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

You just had to go there.

Dintcha.
    Couldn’t help myself haha
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't have it both ways kid. If I'm supposed to believe you're an expert on gun policy because you "were there" when a shooting happened then how am I to trust you to rebuild the world when you "weren't here" until the last 17 years of recorded history? 

https://youtu.be/jcsKMie6M94?t=9m16s

Cameron Kasky 
    "A lot of people are trying to discredit us,.......... they're trying to say we don't know what we're talking about,......... we have seen our friends text their parents goodbye, we are the EXPERTS! We know EXACTLY what we're talking about. How DARE you tell us we don't know what we're talking about" 

He goes on to suggest ALL generations that came before him F**KED up the world, should apologize to him, and that his generation should be allowed to rebuild it, yet at 17 years of age, he hasn't been here long enough to experience virtually ANY of the world. Even worse is that his generation has viewed too much of it through the f**ked up lens of the internet.

I'm sorry you experienced this tragedy firsthand, especially as children. Everything may seem f**ked up to you but no, we don't need you to rebuild the world. That is a very scary thought. Way too scary. No apology forthcoming. 

These kids are the definition of audacious. (Not the good definition either.)

showing an impudent lack of respect.
    "an audacious remark"
    synonyms:impudent, impertinent, insolent, presumptuous, cheeky, irreverent, discourteous, disrespectful, insubordinate, ill-mannered, unmannerly, rude, brazen, shameless, pert, defiant, cocky, bold (as brass); 
    informalfresh, lippy, mouthy, saucy, sassy, nervy, ballsy; 
    archaiccontumelious
    "an audacious remark"

P.S. Please don't re-post all the fake quotes and fake videos and photo-shopped fake images of these kids. That just helps their cause. Keep it real. 

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those simpletons aren’t yet dry behind their ears and they’re going to rebuild the world??  I think fvcking not!!!!!
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The boy in that video clip 2 posts up is a f**king idiot!
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all been there...

When I was 20, I knew everything.  Then I turned 30, and realized what a doofus I was at 20, but now at 30 I know everything.  Then I turned 40 and realized that at 30 I was an idiot, but at least now at 40 I had all the answers.  When 50 rolled around I looked back at my 40 YO self, and... well, you get the idea.  Rinse, and repeat.

It's still hard, but at least now I can start to understand that I don't know what I don't know.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    A couple of "stories" have him riding his bicycle to school while the shots were being fired. He wasn't there is what they are saying.
  • Options
    Syria will next month chair the United Nations disarmament forum that produced the treaty banning chemical weapons.

https://www.unwatch.org/syria-chair-un-disarmament-forum-chemical-watchdog-calls-us-eu-walk/

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I wonder what's gonna happen when these people get out in the real world and go after a job and when their prospective employer looks at their social media, what will happen then?
    Really think an employer is going to want to hire that?
    I suppose maybe a news station or something like that would use it as PR.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    webmost said:
    Syria will next month chair the United Nations disarmament forum that produced the treaty banning chemical weapons.

https://www.unwatch.org/syria-chair-un-disarmament-forum-chemical-watchdog-calls-us-eu-walk/

Yea. Ain't that swell. UN has never been known for getting anything right. Why the UN still exists has always been a problem for me. At least now we aren't paying for the whole thing. It is a good idea to move it to a 3rd world country and see how they handle it.
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/backing-tripura-cm-biplab-debs-internet-comment-governor-cites-divya-drishti-pushpak-ratha/1137209/

A lakh is a unit in the Indian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand:

"Earlier, speaking at a regional workshop on Public Distribution System (PDS) in Agartala, the chief minister said the Internet was invented “lakhs of years ago” and that the technology and satellites were even present during Mahabharata days. “Not US and other Western countries, but the Internet was invented by India lakhs of years ago,” he was quoted as saying.
    “Many may decline the fact, but if the Internet was not there, how Sanjay, could see the war in Kurukshetra and describe it to Dhritarashtra? It means Internet was there, the satellites and that technology was there in this country at that time,” he said as per Tripura Infoway."
  • Options

https://www.financialexpress.com/india-news/backing-tripura-cm-biplab-debs-internet-comment-governor-cites-divya-drishti-pushpak-ratha/1137209/

A lakh is a unit in the Indian numbering system equal to one hundred thousand:

"Earlier, speaking at a regional workshop on Public Distribution System (PDS) in Agartala, the chief minister said the Internet was invented “lakhs of years ago” and that the technology and satellites were even present during Mahabharata days. “Not US and other Western countries, but the Internet was invented by India lakhs of years ago,” he was quoted as saying.
    “Many may decline the fact, but if the Internet was not there, how Sanjay, could see the war in Kurukshetra and describe it to Dhritarashtra? It means Internet was there, the satellites and that technology was there in this country at that time,” he said as per Tripura Infoway."
    What’s Al Gore have to say in his own defense??   :p
  • Options
    Is the first h in Dhritarashtra silent?

• Options
    webmost said:
    Is the first h in Dhritarashtra silent?
    Yep. Just like the p in swimming......   :p
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent about 15 minutes scrolling through Yahoo and MSN news feeds, and thought "We need a 'What the hell is wrong with people' thread".  Then I remembered this thread, which pretty well covers the subject, and thought "I should thank @webmost for this."

Thanks!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1952 Mickey Mantle baseball card sells for $2.88M...who the hell would seriously pay that much money for any card :D
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    1952 Mickey Mantle baseball card sells for $2.88M...who the hell would seriously pay that much money for any card :D

Someone with lakhs of lakhs of dollars

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree, but then again, the previous owner probably made a good investment.