Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Very entertaining. 

A Port Authority commissioner has resigned following the release of a video showing her attempting to intervene in a traffic stop by flipping out her Port Authority credentials and insisting she be addressed as "commissioner," then trying to bully the officers by dropping the names of higher-ups in town, and then ending with a string of profanities.

Short version:
    https://youtu.be/cy6Ejt-5kvw

Long version:
    https://youtu.be/S6vlu1FRaic

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    X-ennials are a micro-generation which overlaps between, well you can figure that out.  Sometimes known as the Oregon Trail Generation.  Usually stated as those born between around 77-84.  We can float between the best and the worst of the Xers and Millennials. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xennials

https://mashable.com/2015/05/21/oregon-trail-generation/#k_Dm6JOu8Pq8

https://timeline.com/xennials-generation-4d5aa8cf9a24
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw on the news this morning that the University of Utah has begun providing "Cry Closets" for their stressed out students.  These closets include stuffed animals which the student can hug while they cry their stress away.

I thought the purpose of University was to educate Students to cope with the real world?  What the hell happened to that?

Believe me, considering recent events in my life I understand the need to cry sometimes, but I thought that's one of the purposes of having a bedroom, or bathroom.  

I guess next they'll be providing them for the military.  
            "Waah!  The First Sergeant put me on CQ for the holiday and my wife is going to be mad.  Waah!  Waa-hah-haa..."

Sheesh.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll ask it again.
    WOULD YOU HIRE A "COLLEGE" "GRADUATE" OF TODAY?
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not if they give out degrees simply for showing up.....

As in Nobel Peace Prizes for O’Bummer......
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

First Charlie Gard, now Alfie Evans, make Sarah Palin's "death panels" sound almost plausible. 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Very entertaining. 

A Port Authority commissioner has resigned following the release of a video showing her attempting to intervene in a traffic stop by flipping out her Port Authority credentials and insisting she be addressed as "commissioner," then trying to bully the officers by dropping the names of higher-ups in town, and then ending with a string of profanities.

Short version:
    https://youtu.be/cy6Ejt-5kvw

Long version:
    https://youtu.be/S6vlu1FRaic

I showed that to all of my classes yesterday.  Officers go through this kind of nonsense every day.  If it's not recorded we never see it.  Both of these young men did a great job and let her rant go a lot longer than I would.  Early on, I would have said, "Commissioner, this conversation is over!"

The Chief should be very proud of these two men.  I watched the followup this morning and when she came into the station to see how to get the vehicle back, she was a different person'  She was very courteous, no threats, no name dropping and no bullying.  See, being a jerk and losing your high paying political job, can make you a better person!
    Saw on the news this morning that the University of Utah has begun providing "Cry Closets" for their stressed out students.  These closets include stuffed animals which the student can hug while they cry their stress away.

I thought the purpose of University was to educate Students to cope with the real world?  What the hell happened to that?

Believe me, considering recent events in my life I understand the need to cry sometimes, but I thought that's one of the purposes of having a bedroom, or bathroom.  

I guess next they'll be providing them for the military.  
            "Waah!  The First Sergeant put me on CQ for the holiday and my wife is going to be mad.  Waah!  Waa-hah-haa..."

Sheesh.

blob:http://video.foxnews.com/9c2092c4-a5f0-4f63-92c9-c0ca52d0ad2a
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I just saw a headline "Stormy Daniels sues Trump for Defamation".  

WTF?  How does one "defame" a person who admits openly to not only having s3x for money, but paying and directing others to do so as well, on film?  

Unless "de-fame" means make un-famous?  That can't be, since nobody I know ever heard of her until all this mess.

SMH
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know people who knew of her before. They just couldn't openly know of her until recently
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, that looks soooo stupid; probably fun but jeez.

"The company said it could increase the overall efficiency of the workers by manipulating the frequency and length of break times to reduce mental stress.

"Hangzhou Zhongheng Electric is just one example of the large-scale application of brain surveillance devices to monitor people's emotions and other mental activities in the workplace, according to scientists and companies involved in the government-backed projects.

"Concealed in regular safety helmets or uniform hats, these lightweight, wireless sensors constantly monitor the wearer's brainwaves and stream the data to computers that use artificial intelligence algorithms to detect emotional spikes such as depression, anxiety or rage.

"The technology is in widespread use around the world but China has applied it on an unprecedented scale in factories, public transport, state-owned companies and the military to increase the competitiveness of its manufacturing industry and to maintain social stability."

Read the rest at SCMP
    http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2143899/forget-facebook-leak-china-mining-data-directly-workers-brains

"... and to maintain social stability."

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Concealed in regular safety helmets or uniform hats, these lightweight, wireless sensors constantly monitor the wearer's brainwaves and stream the data to computers that use artificial intelligence algorithms to detect emotional spikes such as depression, anxiety or rage.

If they use one of those hats on me, it better come with extra batteries. I like telling my customers "I don't have feelings at work.....Except for hate, rage and spite" :)   
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Mr. So n So, you area being charged with sexual mis-conduct. We been monitoring your brainwaves at work and have become aware of your thoughts on secretary Betty.
    We have terminated your employment, but have turned over your brain monitoring to the govt.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they could read my mind when I am thinking I want to kill that unprofessional @sshOle....probably not a good thing.

Agsin, Edward you read TOO much, just kidding bro, always informative.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    McCain.....???????

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why they failed: Because it's fxcking lava!!

This is a solid You Can't Make This Stuff Up headline right here but the guy that replied "What if it doesn't identify as lava, bigot!" was what got me to laugh.
    edited May 2018
    CharlieHeis said:

This is a solid You Can't Make This Stuff Up headline right here but the guy that replied "What if it doesn't identify as lava, bigot!" was what got me to laugh.
    Natzi Lavaphobes. Hate 'em.

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in Washington already has a plan to strap a gun on it
    Someone in Washington already has a plan to strap a gun on it
    Already have strapped a bomb on one. Remember that sniper in Dallas?