Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I bet they make him check his cell phone at the door.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Ron, don't you have wifi at work, so you can get online w/ your phone?

Oh no, not at all.  Actually cell phones are only permitted in the building that I work in.  The main building has lockers to lock it in as you enter the building. Classified environment and all.

In this building there is absolutely zero data connection.

If the zombies come, they are not getting into this building, but we are not getting out either

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭
    Diver, I have the same issue. Whenever I'm on a website, the images are block and it says my IP has been recorded...I have to check things from my phone.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, when did it become "child neglect" for your kids to walk to school unattended???
    my parents bought me a rain coat to wear when it was storming on the 1 mile walk to 1st grade. It was my favorite time of day, the only time during the day when I could have some peace and quiet.
    -------

Utah’s ‘free-range parenting’ law said to be first in the nation
    The bill redefines child neglect to exclude children of “sufficient age” walking to and from school, parks and shops.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Be home before the streetlights come on", was it "beat the lamplighter home" for you?  :D
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I walked ( Or rode bikes ) to school from 1st grade till 6th. It was a half mile or so each way. There was a group of us, the same guys I hung out with after we got home. 
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always walked to school, no matter the distance or weather. Actually looked forward to it, there was always something "to get into". I remember making friends with a little "sells a little of everything" kind of store, and picking up some change delivering to older folks on the way home. We were never worried, even when bad news happened. Made more friends from walking then in the classrooms. Learned how to interact with dogs and smile at the people I saw/met, and they smiled back.
    Knew a lot of cops from Police Boys Club and on more than one occasion would give me a ride home from boxing club if it was late, after the 1st time he learned to call ahead.

Of course drugs were not rampant, and everyone looked out for everyone else.
    Woe be on you if you messed with a kid, even when it was not your kid.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Utah’s ‘free-range parenting’ law said to be first in the nation

How sad is it that states now have to pass laws allowing parents to do what has been done for centuries. Allow their kids to walk to the park, school or the store without guidance.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of these memes are just so funny I can't resist them:

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Warning: The California Sturgeon General has determined that listening to morons can be dangerous to your health and listening to them is not a safe alternative to common sense. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    dirtdude said:

I have now.
    Every single point is covered, at least that I can think of. And a bunch I didn't know or think about.
    (I did print it out, amazing)
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not come across this guy, but he does make some valid points.  It looks like the narrative from all the students seems to be coordinated.  As someone mentioned, they moved the issue from school safety and the failure of the mental health system to gun control.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful, everytime I browse this stuff my internet connection is interrupted, not the whole house, just mine.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    dirtdude said:
    Be careful, everytime I browse this stuff my internet connection is interrupted, not the whole house, just mine.
    They are watching you. Be afraid, be very afraid.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Darn. I tuned into this report when it had 46 people in the comments section. It went to 3000 in the blink of an eye, never seen anything like it. Someone posted it is an April fools joke, can only wish. If the caravan is true it will not end well, there ain't enough buses to send them to calalafornia.

Trump calls for 'tough' immigration reform after report of caravan with Central Americans heading to US

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/01/trump-calls-for-tough-immigration-reform-after-report-caravan-with-central-americans-heading-to-us.html
  • Options
    Maybe pelosi will lend them her limo.....?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Heading for 4000 in comments section, about half are trolls. This going to be interesting................and bad.
  • Options
    Is there a black suv with tinted windows parked out front?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That paragraph that start with i was a combat crew is BS. There is no Colt 40 and no oakleaf clusters for marksmanship, you only wear your last qualification. Military service he did not perform. It was Parkland Florida not Parkview  the rest does make one think 
    But seems satire mixed with fact
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The Colt Defender is a 40 cal. 
    But it isn't what would be considered a common gun and I can't see anyone qualifying with one. 
    I could be wrong though.

And last I knew, markmanship was a badge? Leastwise, pretty sure Marines still use badges. And unless things have changed alot, there was pistol, sharpshooter, marksman and expert. Not specific to any pistol or rifle in each class. Well, different classes for different things, I guess.  
    At least 30 years ago, I recall.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    The murder rate in London now is higher
    Than the murder rate in NYC

Look it up.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:

Look it up.

What?  That's not possible.  They're not allowed to own guns!  How could this be?  What would the Parkland teens say?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    jd50ae said:

Look it up.

What?  That's not possible.  They're not allowed to own guns!  How could this be?  What would the Parkland teens say?
    They would say CNN Fox is lying.  ;)
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because they have eaten so many Tidepods they no long know where those go. 
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over the weekend, Hudson's Bay (OTCPK:HBAYF) confirmed a security breach of customer card data at its Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks Off 5th and Lord & Taylor high-end retail chains. Cybersecurity firm Gemini Advisory puts the number of exposed accounts at over five million and says that some 125,000 of these have been released for sale on the "dark web" thus far, with the entire haul expected to be released over the coming months.