Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oscar's more woke -- but winners still so white

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/05/opinions/oscars-winners-still-so-white-seymour/index.html

This is an actual headline on cnn.com. You can't make this stuff up.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oscar's more woke -- but winners still so white

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/05/opinions/oscars-winners-still-so-white-seymour/index.html

This is an actual headline on cnn.com. You can't make this stuff up.
    I've read it several times now and I still have no idea what it means.
    Oscars more woke? WTF does that even mean?

We don't watch the Oscars. Between the activists and political BS, it doesn't seem to actually be about the movies.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

The face of today's youth. Sigh.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But this is fake. That is photoshopped. Or am I missing the point?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Understood, but it's kind of the mentality of today's youth.
    They will "share" all kinds of stupid stuff and don't even think about the sense of it.
    It's all about the joke. You did miss it. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Oh definitely. The willingness to propagate false information simply because the individual wants the information to be true has skyrocketed. 

But if you want to vilify the generation, there is an abundance of golden examples without resorting to Photoshop 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    D i c k’s and Walmart raised the age for gun purchases. This 20-year-old is suing.

As soon as I read the title, I knew it was from Oregon.
    Waiting to see how this plays out, as it is the same law that was used against a bakery in Oregon. 

Edit: Really Ccom???
    Your censor filter needs some tweaking.
    Cause we aren't all adults here. Oh wait, yes we are. 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:

Edit: Really Ccom???
    Your censor filter needs some tweaking.
    Cause we aren't all adults here. Oh wait, yes we are. 
    18 or 21?  >:)
    So is 18 now like a junior adult or adult in training  :D    
  • Options

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why does it have to be photoshopped?
    You don't think they aren't that stupid?
    Live broadcast about illegals during a demonstration.
    The guy with the mic asked a snowflake if being raped and abused by the coyotes was a concern for her. Snowflake actually thought that the 4 legged coyotes were raping the illegals.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
  • Options
    jd50ae said:

Why does it have to be photoshopped?
    You don't think they aren't that stupid?
    Live broadcast about illegals during a demonstration.
    The guy with the mic asked a snowflake if being raped and abused by the coyotes was a concern for her. Snowflake actually thought that the 4 legged coyotes were raping the illegals.

It's photoshopped because the original image has been altered into what you present here. 

I do think they are that stupid. Which is why I suggested you could easily find a true example rather than this fake one. It's entirely possible for me to condemn your tactics without disagreeing with you. That coyote example is a shining beacon of exactly what I'm talking about in my golden example remark. 

I just wondered if I was the only one who saw the irony in posting a photoshopped image (see also: fake, made up) to a thread called you can't make this stuff up, or if the whole thread is to be taken as a joke
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Wasn’t it John Wayne who said, “Life’s tough. It’s even tougher when you’re stupid”?
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    This is the mentality of today's youth.

My son was in the kitchen.
    His girlfriend called him from the bedroom [from..........the...........bedroom!], cause she's too lazy to get off her butt and walk out the freakin door and to the kitchen in our huge spacious house.
    Oh wait, it's like 30 feet to the kitchen. She might get winded.

I looked at Missy, evidently with that WTF look on my face and she says. "Yes, it is what you think."

OMFG! 
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my assistants is has earbuds on the entire workday, says she can't stand silence; her wife texts her from the parking lot when she picks her up at the end of the day, all of 20' away. While working I have to interrupt her if I have to talk with her. Only one of the earbuds comes out. She is a hard working, productive employee so I tolerate this but find it disturbing. 
  • Options
    GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my assistants is has earbuds on the entire workday, says she can't stand silence; her wife texts her from the parking lot when she picks her up at the end of the day, all of 20' away. While working I have to interrupt her if I have to talk with her. Only one of the earbuds comes out. She is a hard working, productive employee so I tolerate this but find it disturbing. 
    I'm a city bus driver,  young and old(er) climb on all day long wearing these earbuds and gigantic headphones blasting music.  They stand there or drop in money then just stare at you.. Try asking them what they need, (one way, day,week pass) and have to do it a few times cuz they can't hear a word you say while they keep grunting "huh?" They finally yank the headphones off in a huff and bark what they want. I've taken to the staredown while pointing at their apparatus method and not saying anything until they finally get it and take it off. AMAZING how long they can stand there looking around while getting upset but still not getting it. 
  • Options
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    This is the mentality of today's youth.

My son was in the kitchen.
    His girlfriend called him from the bedroom [from..........the...........bedroom!], cause she's too lazy to get off her butt and walk out the freakin door and to the kitchen in our huge spacious house.
    Oh wait, it's like 30 feet to the kitchen. She might get winded.

I looked at Missy, evidently with that WTF look on my face and she says. "Yes, it is what you think."

OMFG! 
    That's some advanced lazy right there!  My wife just shouts.  A lot. "Come here and see what your daughter did!" was the cry this morning.  It would have taken her less time to walk 20 feet and just tell me she rinsed her art supplies right onto a dinner plate in the sink and it's stained with paint.  And I would have seen it eventually.  I'm basically to the point where she has to come get me and explain why I have to move or I won't.  But today, there was that extra special tone of voice that said I better move or I'd get it too.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    What a refreshing idea, never happen though, it makes too much sense.

Sen. Lee: Leave School Safety to Parents & Schools, 'Not People in Washington'

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/13/leave-school-safety-parents-teachers-schools-not-federal-government-sen-mike-lee
    Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’re evidently not smart enough to pray for ourselves so we’re told to leave that to the priests, ministers, pastors, etc. 

We’re evidently not smart enough to run our own lives so we’re told to leave that to the politicians. 

Does something seem wrong with that picture??
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    We’re evidently not smart enough to pray for ourselves so we’re told to leave that to the priests, ministers, pastors, etc. 

We’re evidently not smart enough to run our own lives so we’re told to leave that to the politicians. 

Does something seem wrong with that picture??
    I take exception...I'm a minister and I want everyone praying!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.