Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    It's grant money for an experiment, none of it comes out of Stockton's budget.  
    I'm going to have to ask my buddy in Stockton about this, now.  

Okay, here's what he said, paraphrased: it's rich people giving poor people their money voluntarily through the grant process.  People need to shut up about California. We feed the country.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @Martel

youve got me confused. (Not so difficult, really). Your sign-in says “Somewhere in PA” but you’re sticking up for California. Whassup??
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    @Martel

youve got me confused. (Not so difficult, really). Your sign-in says “Somewhere in PA” but you’re sticking up for California. Whassup??
    We're all in this together. Mostly, I just hate false narratives that build up over stuff like this.

Though in full disclosure, I did go to college in SoCal.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    jw517jw517 Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    Did you see that launch today? The boosters landed back on the ground at the same moment! Best thing I've seen in years! Fantastic!
  • Options
    That's beautiful!
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have to applaud that business plan
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    Yakster said:

Okay, here's what he said, paraphrased: it's rich people giving poor people their money voluntarily through the grant process.  People need to shut up about California. We feed the country.
    I actually heard an interview with the mayor of Stockton about this recently on the radio, which is how I knew.  
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Martel said:
    Yakster said:

Thank you for feeding me!  Cali.is a "Santuary" for the needy.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just read an online article about NY lawmakers passing new laws regarding the packaging of laundry detergents to keep people from eating it.  Yes, I've heard of "the Challenge", but considered this natures way of weeding out the idiots.

Is it just me?  Or, does anyone else consider this a huge waste of time and taxes?  Shouldn't we want to weed out the idiots?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just read an online article about NY lawmakers passing new laws regarding the packaging of laundry detergents to keep people from eating it.  Yes, I've heard of "the Challenge", but considered this natures way of weeding out the idiots.

Is it just me?  Or, does anyone else consider this a huge waste of time and taxes?  Shouldn't we want to weed out the idiots?
    Would an idiot dumb enough to eat Tide pods read, comprehend, and obey a written warning?
    Are there enough of them to worry about?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Sometimes you have to skip the Orbit and go straight to the Tide.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, your making me laugh in the bathroom at work.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakster said:
    Dang, your making me laugh in the bathroom at work.
    That's funny itself.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not so sure I like where technology might take this:

Wearable scanners will be able to read our minds
    Tiny pixel sizes, light analysis and blood flow maps mark big advance on MRI machines
    https://www.ft.com/content/bfd733b0-e501-11e7-a685-5634466a6915
  • Options
    ^I tried going to college, twice. The academic ego was unpleasant. Maybe I got the wrong professors.
  • Options
    goodbye news papers
    "I believe at least 10 years is what we can see in the U.S. for our print products," New York Times (NYSE:NYT) CEO Mark Thompson told CNBC, but admitted that printing presses might face an expiration date. "The key thing for us is that we're pivoting, he declared. Revenue from digital subscriptions increased more than 51% in Q4, while the company added 157,000 digital subscribers.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    just the beginning, middle class is going to keep getting squeezed:

"The American consumer is loading up. Total household debt rose by $193B to an all-time high of $13.15T at year-end 2017 from the previous quarter, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's Center for Microeconomic Data. It was the fifth consecutive year of annual household debt growth with increases in the mortgage, student, auto and credit card categories."
  • Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Flip flopping like a fish out of water.  That is one ugly man behind Swinestien.....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw a headline on the Yahoo News feed claiming that San Ramon High School, somewhere near San Francisco CA, has banned the playing of the National Anthem at school functions because it's "racist and outdated".

Is this even possible?  Fake news?  I don't know.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Wylaff said:

The FBI new about him months ago. 

Grandma turned this one in.
    http://video.foxnews.com/v/5734413827001/?#sp=show-clips
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Lawmakers pass bill to take guns away from those deemed at risk of suicide, shooting sprees

So what prevents them from deciding anyone is a risk?
    If someone doesn't like you, they can report you as a risk and they can take your guns?

I can see this going very badly.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    0patience said:

Lawmakers pass bill to take guns away from those deemed at risk of suicide, shooting sprees

So what prevents them from deciding anyone is a risk?
    If someone doesn't like you, they can report you as a risk and they can take your guns?

I can see this going very badly.
    Knock Knock, good morning, you have been deemed a risk, where are your guns?  Locked in the safe.  Open the safe, we are here to confiscate them.  No

What happens next?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And the in-flight movie was Blazing Saddles, right?  

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pilot-forced-make-emergency-landing-12038181

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis