Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's easier to read than some people's spelling. This appears to only be effective if all the correct letters (and no extras) are present. 
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent about 15 minutes scrolling through Yahoo and MSN news feeds, and thought "We need a 'What the hell is wrong with people' thread".  Then I remembered this thread, which pretty well covers the subject, and thought "I should thank @webmost for this."

Thanks!

You can't make this stuff up.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are transferring liberal brains to rats? Well, there should be plenty of room. Bet the rat ain't happy. :D
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't need a brain transplant for that, the world's already been taken over:
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201801/all-over-your-face
  • Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^Appears the man standing in the back is working on the hydraulic lines LOL
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    damn, what a world:

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they'll have to vHike.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    damn, what a world:

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Naw!  Really??

The clouds around mine smell like primroses and petunias....   :p

Edit: Or maybe that’s agapanthus and aspidastra.....
    Post edited by jlmarta on
  • Options
    peter4jc said:
    Yeah, I saw that this morning. That's right up there with apt names like Bell's telephone and eponyms like Crapper's toilet.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shall be immortal.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get some sunglasses Charlie 
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    The MTA sent a guy out at 8:30 Wednesday morning to paint fresh yellow stripe on the platform.

Rush hour continued:

Who'd of thunk it?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds about right.  When I lived in Nashville, I learned not to get too excited when they'd pave a road or street.  Six weeks after the lines were painted, the new pavement gets ripped up to replace the sewer lines.  Every freaking time.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
  • Options
    jlmarta said:
    This is the demographic my age puts me in. I'm probably one of the few people that is happy to have my age assumed wrong. 
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    According to the Strauss-Howe generational theory those born from 1982 to 2004 are millennials. 

I’ve encountered a few. I’m happy to say they’re not all as vapid as the one depicted in the video but there are more than I would have hoped. I blame a lot if it on out education system. 
  • Options
    Very few are actually quite that bad. They just happen to be the loudest about it so they get the attention and the rest of us suffer from misguided association. That theory is strange. I always figured it was related more to the decade you came of age in. Millenials turned 18 between 2000 and 2010. Gen z between 2010 and 2020. 
  • Options
    This was one of my sources:

• Options
    Gen y and millenials overlap so much it seems there's not enough distinction to warrant two categories. Also, does this graph show that all the generation lines were drawn by different sources.  What about people born 82-84? Do they just identify with whatever they feel like? 
  • Options
    Good questions. Since the sources vary between graphs I guess you’d have to ask them. 

I dont pretend to know. I was just trying to make the generation names a little clearer. The graphs helped me to visualize them easier. 
  • Options
    It's really interesting. I googled it myself and found many of the quoted sources as well as several others, including one that didn't separate millenials and gen y. It even went as far as the next generation it called the iGen, centurials, or the more commonly known gen z. I wonder what kind of reaction you would get out of two people, born in 83 and 03 respectively, when you told them they were demographically in the same generation.