Home Non Cigar Related

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• MarkwellMarkwell Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Renovating our 1901 home this year. Gutting all the knob and tube electrical wiring, plaster walls, etc. The latest endeavour was razing our old 2ND floor bathroom/bedroom to make way for a new master bedroom. Welp, I found a shortcut to the first floor dining room when the floor gave way.

Nothing broken, but I got one helluva bruise. Guess we're renovating the dining room now too.
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! That's quite a fall. Oh, to be young enough to bounce rather than break.
    I contribute the bounce to my extra padding lol
    “Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman – or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle.” – George Burns
    Yow!! I'll stick with the arse first landing on the kitchen table, thanks.
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ran across a really interesting individual on the internet today. It terrifies me to my core that there is a walking, breathing, voting person that legitimately believes this
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Whyoming University (their mascot is Cowboys)
    came up with a new promotional slogan. 

"The world needs more cowboys." 

Image result for Triggered

slogan triggers race, gender debate

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-wyoming-cowboys/wyoming-university-slogan-about-cowboys-triggers-race-gender-debate-idUSKBN1K104G

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:
    Whyoming University (their mascot is Cowboys)
    came up with a new promotional slogan. 

"The world needs more cowboys." 

Image result for Triggered

slogan triggers race, gender debate

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-wyoming-cowboys/wyoming-university-slogan-about-cowboys-triggers-race-gender-debate-idUSKBN1K104G

With those teeth she could be Trigger!
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She looks like the "Hate Speech" poster child.  I hate to admit it, but the general population must be too well fed if folks can get this worked up about a non-issue.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something about that just does not sound appetizing at all
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Something about that just does not sound appetizing at all
    Nether does mechanically separated chicken.....But it does taste good.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Liberal 9th Circuit backs right to carry firearms in public, in latest pro-2nd Amendment ruling
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately it wasn't the whole ninth circuit. From what I've heard it was only 3 judges so it can still be shot back down when the full group convenes again
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wonder if the aphockeylips is coming and the judges know it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much for the Paris climate accords
    Let's face it they only wanted our money

US cuts carbon emissions more than foreign nations that criticize Trump environmental policies

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/07/28/us-cuts-carbon-emissions-more-than-foreign-nations-that-criticize-trump-environmental-policies.html
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

won't be too long before cash is a thing of the past and a smart phone will be required...
    -----
    "Cardless no longer means cashless," said Sol Gindi, chief administrative officer of consumer banking at Chase (NYSE:JPM), after the bank expanded cardless access to nearly all of its 16,000 ATMs nationwide. It first rolled out the feature, which uses NFC technology and enables transactions from mobile wallets, in 2016. Other big banks, including Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) and Wells Fargo (NYSE:WFC), followed a year later.
    ------

Apple hit a market cap of $1T on Thursday, becoming the first publicly traded U.S. company to reach the milestone. Many credit the company's growing software and services sales with driving the valuation. The catch-all category - which includes the App Store (NASDAQ:AAPL), AppleCare, Apple Pay, iTunes and cloud services - posted record revenue of $9.55B for the June quarter.
    edited August 2018
    Gotta love these soldiers scattering like roaches.

https://youtu.be/gSJRQud6Vfw
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Image may contain cat
  • GaryThompsonGaryThompson Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain cat
    Wow. I haven't been that high in a looooong time.   :D
    Image may contain cat

Been there. Done that.

edited August 2018
    https://youtu.be/PMhVXMgpWBo

He put the "poo" in pool

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

He put the "poo" in pool
    And that's some funny $hit.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    In the front row from the left are West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals Justices Robin Davis Allen H Loughry II and Margaret Workman In the back row are Justices Menis Ketchum and Elizabeth Walker Justice Ketchum wasnt impeached he retired and agreed to plead guilty to federal wire fraud
    In the front row, from the left, are West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals Justices Robin Davis, Allen H. Loughry II and Margaret Workman. In the back row are Justices Menis Ketchum and Elizabeth Walker. Justice Ketchum wasn’t impeached; he retired and agreed to plead guilty to federal wire fraud. PHOTO: RICK LEE/WEST VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT OF APPEALS
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

He put the "poo" in pool
    How did I miss this?  Morning news or evening.  The Gal is what I usually watch, though my wife sometimes turns on the local Fox instead.

And why do I suddenly have the urge to watch Caddyshack?
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.