Home Non Cigar Related
Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    0patience said:

BILL INTRODUCED IN CONGRESS WOULD BAN INTERNET CIGAR & E-CIGARETTE SALES, FLAVORED TOBACCO

They are going to continue to try and get all kinds of bills pushed through, until no one can buy any tobacco at all.

Land of the free.
    I'm going to start a church where tobacco use is sacramental so the gummint can't do anything about it.  Then you all can join my church and we all stay smokey ever after.
    I have on the order of 40 lbs. of aged cigar tobacco in my stash right here, salted away against the eventual tobaccolypse. When it comes to where you can't get none, I'm your candy man.

Roll your own.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    A felon named Fellony was charged with new felonies.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/felon-named-fellony-charged-with-new-felonies

Thanks, Mom.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their thermometers froze so they can't report in...
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new low even for liberals, what have we become...

Outrage as video shows Virginia abortion bill sponsor saying plan would allow termination up until birth

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/outrage-after-virginia-abortion-bill-sponsor-admits-pregnancies-could-be-terminated-up-until-birth
  • Options
    There will come a day when the future will look back with disgust.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    One loaded setup,....... sooo many available jokes. 
  • Options
    webmost said:
    Don't have to wait. I am disgusted now.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:

It usually happens when the future is a teenager.  When the future gets older they realize the future ain't all of that either.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Yakster said:
    webmost said:

It usually happens when the future is a teenager.  When the future gets older they realize the future ain't all of that either.
    Nah, this is beyond that. We are Aztecs when it comes to baby murder. You can call it women's rights all day long... we're still murdering babies. Zygotes is one thing; babies is entirely something else.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and then again, there's warfare which perpetrates huge collateral damage. The rationale is that it is 'necessary'.
  • Options

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny,  you're gonna be monied up for Muletown.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    It'll be a challenge to get any money out of this guy.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q: "Is that your Toyota Prius?"

A: "Do I look like I drive a Prius?"

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dirtdude said:
    It'll be a challenge to get any money out of this guy.
    You want we should beat it out of him for you?  >:)   Just kidding of course.  o:) 

:#
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Or not
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019

This happened to me, 30 minutes ago.

A member of management, who was in preschool when I started, asked me "if I was a visitor today". I told him "no". He then asked why I parked in the visitor parking space, I told him "I didn't park in the visitor parking space"  He said he was "sure I did", I asked "how sure" he replied "extremely sure". I asked if he was "willing to put his money where his mouth was", he said "sure". I asked "How much"? He said "a thousand". we then walked a few feet to the window and he asked "isn't that your Toyota" (Prius)(silver)? I said " No I drive a Ford, it's parked over there"

What kind of idiot bets a man $1,000 where he parked 2 hours ago?

I think I'll start parking in the visitor spot...

Oh, I would never let a moment with that guy pass without reminding him he owes me money. Yes, he's an idiot.  All he had to do was bet small and be ready to pay (even if he wasn't smart enough to realize he'd already lost).  Or is this a millennial thing? Do millennials throw out a number like "a thousand" expecting nobody to consider it a serious bet? What a d***head.  

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob_Luken said:

This happened to me, 30 minutes ago.

A member of management, who was in preschool when I started, asked me "if I was a visitor today". I told him "no". He then asked why I parked in the visitor parking space, I told him "I didn't park in the visitor parking space"  He said he was "sure I did", I asked "how sure" he replied "extremely sure". I asked if he was "willing to put his money where his mouth was", he said "sure". I asked "How much"? He said "a thousand". we then walked a few feet to the window and he asked "isn't that your Toyota" (Prius)(silver)? I said " No I drive a Ford, it's parked over there"

What kind of idiot bets a man $1,000 where he parked 2 hours ago?

I think I'll start parking in the visitor spot...

Oh, I would never let a moment with that guy pass without reminding him he owes me money. Yes, he's an idiot.  All he had to do was bet small and be ready to pay (even if he wasn't smart enough to realize he'd already lost).  Or is this a millennial thing? Do millennials throw out a number like "a thousand" expecting nobody to consider it a serious bet? What a d***head.  

Every damn day I would remind this dipshït he owes me money, if I was in John's shoes. He would get so sick of me reminding him he would probably pay me to stfu.
  • Options
    So, Steve. You're saying if he doesn't pay I beat the ever lovin **** out of him.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, the boss never gets their hands dirty.  You send someone to beat the ever living **** out of him, repeatedly until he pays.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering what cut @stubble takes for these sorts of things.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Friends helping friends.  It's what makes the world go 'round.  

Koom bah yah.....Koom bah yah....

:D

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, Steve. You're saying if he doesn't pay I beat the ever lovin **** out of him.
    Never would infer that.  All you have to do is convince him you would.   If that don't work, well then........
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    Stubble said:
    Never would infer that.  All you have to do is convince him you would.   If that don't work, well then........
    I like to negotiate as I go...

• Options
    Put Chilli Palmer on the job https://youtu.be/rh8OdlSXiDo I love that Chilli Palmer. Everyone asks him "What do you do if they don't pay?" and he always says "They always pay."

• Options
    edited February 2019
    A long time ago, and far far away, I would occasionally help someone who was owed something. After about a day of inquires to people who knew the individuals concerned, you could alway find the one question that usually helped resolve the matter. Bartenders were always great sources of truthful information, just like in the movies. You would pose that question to the person who owed, and usually matters were taken care of. There was never any need for threats or anything else.
    Most of the people I helped were in fact bartenders, waitress or club/bar owners. I got a lot of free drinks and food and they always had my back (love that phrase).
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like to negotiate as I go...
    This comes to mind...

https://youtu.be/_M42tgfNuNA
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis