Options

you can't make this stuff up

Comments

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    If you use pesticides and herbicides on your lawn please think about this:

Plummeting insect numbers 'threaten collapse of nature'
    Exclusive: Insects could vanish within a century at current rate of decline, says global review

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/10/plummeting-insect-numbers-threaten-collapse-of-nature
    I nominate skeeters
    unfortunately, skeeters, flies, and cockroaches are doing fine.

Also, unfortunately,  they actually fill a purpose in the greater scheme of things.  Now ticks are another story.  Nobody and nothing would miss them.  
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Kentucky sheriff suspends law enforcement over lack of funding: ‘Lock your doors, load your guns’ get a dog.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kentucky-sheriff-suspends-law-enforcement-over-lack-of-funding-folks-lock-your-doors

Post edited by jd50ae on
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TNBigfoot68, better get to training Huckleberry for security.  :D

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    For Pete's sake. Will you stupid weak and sappy weenies snowflakes and xxxxxxxx please get a life. TDS TDS TDS TDS, now they want to take credit for TDS but only if they can change the letters. H#ll it is as close to admitting TDS as we are gonna get from the jerks.

Not feeling the love? Blame Trump, racism and war says self-described s e x doc

https://www.foxnews.com/health/president-trump-caused-post-trump-sex-disorder-that-makes-people-not-to-have-sex-sexologist-claims

Sex doctor? What a crock. I would say teach xxxxxxxx abstinence if they weren't already out to murder babies.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rather than paying a standard 21% corporate income tax rate in 2018, Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) is actually claiming a tax rebate of $129M, which works out to a rate of negative 1%. That's according to the Institute for Taxation and Economic Policy. Aside from "tax credits," which the company does not have to spell out in its public filings, Amazon is also claiming a tax break for executive stock options.
  • Options
    Florida middle school student triggers 75-officer response after false claim of armed man on campus, cops say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-middle-school-student-triggers-75-officer-response-after-falsely-claiming-seeing-armed-man-on-campus

Best Comment: Looks like she has a promising career at CNN!
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    Florida middle school student triggers 75-officer response after false claim of armed man on campus, cops say

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-middle-school-student-triggers-75-officer-response-after-falsely-claiming-seeing-armed-man-on-campus

Best Comment: Looks like she has a promising career at CNN!
    Yet another reason to return the Power to Paddle to the school systems.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Put down that toast. Have your bacon, fried potatoes and fried eggs without toast......

Toasters may expose people to more air pollution than a busy intersection, study claims

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/toasters-expose-people-to-more-air-pollution-than-a-busy-intersection-study-claims

....move out of the house, sleep on the porch. Never clean and buy a grill to do all of your food prep, as long as you stay up wind.
  • Options
    the hyperbole from these guys just keeps going on and on, cigar after amazing cigar:
    "We couldn't make very many Chocolate B-day Cake cigars! The tobaccos were just too limited and rare! "
    "The result is nothing less than phenomenal!" 
    "Chocolate B-day Cake is a uber-unique"

There are 2 sites (I have bought from) that sell the most awesome cigars on the planet. The flavor profiles are just out of this world and can't be matched. It is a shame that the cigars never live up to the "hyperbole", or even come close. It does not matter how long they age, or at what temp or humidity level, they never come close.
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I want whipped cream, I will make a damn banana split with whipped cream. If I want chocolate, I will break out the candy bar. If I want a really good cigar, I won't believe everything I read and just stick with what works (unless it's on sale...and wrapped up like a tampon, because everybody knows tampons taste great) - The fake scarcity routine is getting old.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how to spot a zombie:

Do AirPods Make You Look Rich? These Millennials Think So

Fueled by internet memes, the explosion of expensive-yet-attainable AirPod headphones as the luxury item of the moment shows no signs of stopping

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Reminds me of this.  I'd rather not have a battery that can explode or catch fire spontaneously due to thermal runaway in my ear.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oregon considers lowering voting age to 16-years-old

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/oregon-considers-lowering-voting-age-to-16-years-old/

This screwed up state has seriously lost its mind. 
    They want to let teenagers vote, who can barely drive and do everything based on emotions and hormones.
    In Oregon, most can't even get through high school. 
    These politicians are insane.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    I've been trying to make this point to all and sundry for decades.  It can't be overstated.

• Options
    No one knows where AOC lives.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ Under a rock?  A bridge?

What’s your best guess?  
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Her winter home is in Venezuela  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    Listening to the news on the radio this morning I heard a sound-byte, repeatedly, of R Kelly's lawyer saying "He's a rock star.  He doesn't need to have non-consensual se x."

All I could think was:  Dude, nobody "needs" to have non-consensual s ex.  It's a power game, not a biological need.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a stupid time to be alive

• Options
    cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

This state sucks! If I didn’t have the business, I’d have been gone long ago!
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbuck said:

This state sucks! If I didn’t have the business, I’d have been gone long ago!
    Our legislators are currently looking at laws against this. I don't believe anything is finalized but there are people that realize how stupid this is. 
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Animal crackers attacked by PETA.
    No s h i t. This is real.

"This summer, in response to a campaign by PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), Nabisco redesigned the packaging to show animals side by side in a grassland rather than in cages."
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:

Ha I just seen this, he reminds me of one of my neighbors for real Lol
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Stubble said:

Ha I just seen this, he reminds me of one of my neighbors for real Lol
    Think maybe your neighbor's in the witness protection program?

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Regarding Jussie Smollett -

No photo description available
    ^ Aptly put. ^

https://youtu.be/qR-fyU9LdVI
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)