"I ain't got no Opus's"
    LLA
    - Lancero Lovers of America
    2016 Gang War (South)
    May I assss u a ?

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    @webmost , Sometimes I wish I could push the Insightful, Awesome, LOL, Agree, Like, and Vote Up all at the same time.

:D
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    Stubble said:

Ha I just seen this, he reminds me of one of my neighbors for real Lol
    Think maybe your neighbor's in the witness protection program?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

“We’ve got to ride this global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing in terms of economic and environmental policy.“ – Timothy Wirth, President of the UN Foundation

“Isn’t the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn’t it our responsibility to bring that about?” – Maurice Strong, founder of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP)

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    our culture/society is going down the tubes.

"Across all age groups, the most dramatic finding from the study were the differences in arrest rates across birth groups. People between ages 26 and 35 were 3.6 times more likely to have been arrested as compared to those who were at least 66 years old. About one-third of the men between the age of 26 and 35 had been arrested during their youth, 2.6 times the rate of those 66 and older.

Women experienced an even more rapid relative increase in arrests. Among those aged 66 and older, arrests before age 26 occurred among only one in 100 participants. But among those aged 26 to 35, about one in every seven women had been arrested at least once by age 26.

Black men who participated in the survey were more likely to have been arrested during their youth than white men (33 percent for blacks compared with 23 percent for whites), but the probability of being arrested was converging over time between the races."

I wonder what these statistics correlate to:

"Younger Americans much more likely to be arrested than previous generations" February 25, 2019 https://phys.org/news/2019-02-younger-americans-previous.html
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gee, I wonder why.....
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was 23 the last time I got arrested, I've come a long way since those days.  Plus the police rightfully arrest instead of taking kids home.  "These times they are a changing".
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's dumb, stupid and heres both.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:
    Stubble said:

Ha I just seen this, he reminds me of one of my neighbors for real Lol
    Think maybe your neighbor's in the witness protection program?
    Just seen this. It wouldn't surprise me if he was and he's a d I c k just like Niki to top it off.
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    TX98Z28 said:

This is an old pic. Often wondered who knows that model truck enough to say, given the buzz box and the leads, is he welding his gas tank?

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    what are you guys talking about???? That's the way you get to work underneath a truck, everybody does it that way.
    Image result for unsafe work
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you tilt the truck far enough, you don't have to worry about it falling on you

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you tilt the truck far enough, you don't have to worry about it falling on you
    Mmm...yeah.  I'm not doin' that.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the problem?  There's enough ground clearance under a truck that even if it fell it wouldn't squish me.

What I'm really curious about is, how did they tilt the truck far enough to get those props under it?
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    TX98Z28 said:

This is an old pic. Often wondered who knows that model truck enough to say, given the buzz box and the leads, is he welding his gas tank?

Too lazy to dig it up but took a pic of a couple trucks in Africa, a Jac parked next to a Mann.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

Subaru Recalls Cars as Some Perfumes Cause Malfunctions

Auto maker’s recall could affect up to 2.3 million vehicles after discovering glitches linked to cosmetics, other household products

By 
    Chieko Tsuneoka
    Updated March 1, 2019 7:29 a.m. ET

TOKYO—If you drive a Subaru, you may want to avoid wearing perfume or a sweater treated with fabric softener—they could prevent the engine from starting.

Subaru Corp. said Friday it plans to recall as many as 2.3 million Impreza and Forester vehicles world-wide after discovering that certain chemical compounds released by everyday products such as cosmetics, fabric softener or car polish could cause parts to malfunction.

These...

T
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    This goes back to 2013!  The cars wouldn't start due to the perfumes or fabric softener affecting the brake sensor.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    6 years and they are just getting around to fixing it? Is it just a Subaru problem?
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,778 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    6 years and they are just getting around to fixing it? Is it just a Subaru problem?

Probably not just a Subaru problem.  Check out this article about why cars don't start due to to the brake-light switch interlock that prevents the car from starting if the computer doesn't think you have your foot on the brake that's the cause of the Subaru recall (as far as I can tell):  https://www.richmond.com/richmond-drives/car-talk/defective-brake-light-switch-to-blame-for-car-not-starting/article_6ab69574-b6ac-11e8-befc-4fb603d77298.html

My Wife has had problems starting the Prius in the past.  Darn computers.  Pretty sure Subaru is not making the switch, just buying them.

@NorCalR1 any insight on this issue?
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ another great reason to drive a car with a manual transmission.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    webmost said:
    TX98Z28 said:

Gotta fix that hole in the tank, weather new or old the lesson is don't smoke meth.
  • Options
    what are you guys talking about???? That's the way you get to work underneath a truck, everybody does it that way.
    Image result for unsafe work
    This guys gotta be tweakin hard lol looks like a meth head too.
  • Options
    Some people are just not very bright, it ain't always drugs.
  • Options
    Arctic air mass expected to hit US, bringing bitter cold temperatures

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arctic-air-mass-expected-to-hit-us-bringing-bitter-cold-temperatures

My wife had to remind me it is no longer "global warming", it is "climate change". Seems warming no longer fits the narrative.

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outrage after actor's decades-old interview resurfaces

I'm sorry, but if they weren't alive when John Wayne was alive, then they should shut the F up.
    These morons have no idea of the time and context of that interview and they really had to do some digging to find something against a dead man. Pathetic.
    As a native american, I have never been offended by anything John Wayne did or said.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    CNN hates America.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    CNN hates America.
    This is the station who employs Don Lemon who wants the President's address from the White House on tape delay so CNN can verify what the President says.

There was a time that the news outlets were against censorship!

• Options
    ^and for verifying assertions.
  • Options
    or, you could buy some from the kid down the street for what, $10-$20?

The FDA has approved the first drug to treat depression in decades, paving the way for Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) to sell a nasal spray based on ketamine, which is often used as a party drug with the nickname "Special K". Esketamine, which will be sold under the brand name Spravato, will be available for adults who have already tried at least two other antidepressant treatments. The fast-acting drug will cost between $590 and $885 (before discounts and rebates) depending on the dosage. JNJ +0.5% premarket.