Home Non Cigar Related
Options

1st Scapegoat

Comments

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched his announcement last night about Russian sanctions. I feel sorry for him, he had trouble reading the prompter. I think we will have a President Harris pretty soon and that scares the living **** out of me!

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    I watched his announcement last night about Russian sanctions. I feel sorry for him, he had trouble reading the prompter. I think we will have a President Harris pretty soon and that scares the living **** out of me!

What could possibly go wrong?

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:

I have to wonder if they'll try to carry Joe past the two year mark. That way, they could run Kamala in the next two elections and get the max 10 years out of one presidency.

And you thought you were scared now!

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@YankeeMan said:

I have to wonder if they'll try to carry Joe past the two year mark. That way, they could run Kamala in the next two elections and get the max 10 years out of one presidency.

And you thought you were scared now!

Probably employ the Putin maneuver, just keep changing the law.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Clever of the White House to use the IRS to deliver this political brag to taxpayers:

This works better than what they call a "stoop". Most any taxpayer is gonna read an "official business" missive franked by the IRS when mailed to the IRS' comprehensive addy database. Compare, for instance, to several appeals for political donations we Delawareans received from Pelosi since the election, which appeals promptly lined my birdcage. So many phone scams claim to be from the dreaded IRS for that same reason.

The IRS has been abused since its inception. Why expect better from the present scapegoat in chief?

Instead, note the text here:

Again, forget a moment how quibbling which adds the previous admin's 600 to this admin's 1400 to derive a promised 2000 which, after all, is what the previous admin asked Congress to authorize. Snopes likes the math, and we all know how impartial they are. Instead, focus on the act of promising money for votes at all.

My point is: Biden here brags how he broke this law:

Not that I am any kinda stinkin damn liar (I spell "attorney" phonetically for clarity). But I do claim to understand Plain English. In plain English, this code seems to me to say don't promise public money for votes.

Trump was impeached for asking a foreign leader to investigate Biden's videotaped brag that he used a billion in foreign aid to quash an investigation implicating his son Hunter. Same title, section 595. Here, way I see it, the dotterer brags beneath the header "THE WHITE HOUSE" that he himself broke 597.

Crickets in the media.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The media and the DNC are one and the same.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Bread and Circuses.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Interesting to see a Newsweek article saying that when Rep. Tim Scott thinks outside The Box that the Democrat Party & Associates have prepared for him, those same compassionate forces begin to call him disparaging racist names and ridicule his ability and right to think for himself.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

unfortunately, groups are very self-protective and brook no rebels, no matter how strongly they uphold the virtue of tolerance.

• Options

Hmm. It occurs to me that I should have added an (R) after Tim Scott's name. Also, that he's now a Senator, who provided the Republican response to President Biden's speech. Senator Scott disagrees with the view that America is a "Racist" nation, that view being the "box" that the Democrat Party seems to place all black men, like Senator Scott, in.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

What did you all think of President Biden's stumbling over his words? Saying when he was President instead of vice president? Saying when he took office the country was in the worst shape in a long time, basically saying he has it almost fixed in his first 99 days?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

He can't even read the telepromter. I'm not sure he knows where he is half of the time.

• Options

It always amazes me when politicians take credit for whatever happens on their watch, totally ignoring all the preparation that took place before they landed their job. Biden's certainly not alone in this. Biden's always bumbled his words, he's famous for it, but he certainly seems to have the Alzheimer's Stare at times.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not making excuses for him, but didn't he stutter as a child?
    I did when I was younger and still do to a lesser extent 50 years latter. You sometime end up jumbling words in a sentence to trying to get around it. Most of the time it's while you're under pressure, sometime it just happens for no reason.

• Options

@ForMud said:
    I did when I was younger and still do to a lesser extent 50 years latter. You sometime end up jumbling words in a sentence to trying to get around it. Most of the time it's while you're under pressure, sometime it just happens for no reason.

If I recall this has something to do with speech-lag. In many people what's coming out of their mouth is a couple sentences behind what's going through their minds. I believe that dyslexia is the product of a similar phenomenon.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:

So did James Earl Jones. Doesn’t seem to be much problem there. I’m no speech therapist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

He's done so much damage in 100 days. I'm really scared what he's going to do to this country over the next four years. I'm not sure the county can recover.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like a little hyperbole first thing in the morning, 😂😂😂

just remember that there are good people on both sides and that, so far, there have been no presidentially inspired insurrection attempts.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

I wish I were exaggerating. I know there are good people on both sides of he aisle, but some of the things he has been doing just to spite Trump are foolish and dangerous.

We will be paying for decades for his opening the borders. He's tying the hands of border patrol and the people he's letting in are not all those seeking a better life, they re seeking new victims.

• Options

Time will tell.

• Options

@YankeeMan said:
    I wish I were exaggerating. I know there are good people on both sides of he aisle, but some of the things he has been doing just to spite Trump are foolish and dangerous.

We will be paying for decades for his opening the borders. He's tying the hands of border patrol and the people he's letting in are not all those seeking a better life, they re seeking new victims.

Every president does this. Trump also did it to obama, who did it to bush, who did it to clinton, and on and on.

And by the way, trump had more EOs than obama did, and the picture of him holding up an eo was one of the indelible, meme-worthy Images of his presidency.

And I don't care. All it proves is that the legislative process is broken AND that there's no national consensus for one side or another. Guess what, it's okay to have your opinion and preference, but what I hate is when one side accuses the other side of something that THEY JUST DID 4 YEARS AGO as a matter of technique and principles, when in fact, it's just a matter of one's side winning the argument of the day.

Call it what it is, already. Say you don't like his policies and you like the other guy's view. Don't criticize him for dismantling the holy works of the god that occupied the office before him, especially when your side did the same damn thing 4 years ago.

That is hypocritical, and that's what I can't stand....

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021

@VegasFrank said:

@YankeeMan said:

Every president does this. Trump also did it to obama, who did it to bush, who did it to clinton, and on and on.

And by the way, trump had more EOs than obama did, and the picture of him holding up an eo was one of the indelible, meme-worthy Images of his presidency.

And I don't care. All it proves is that the legislative process is broken AND that there's no national consensus for one side or another. Guess what, it's okay to have your opinion and preference, but what I hate is when one side accuses the other side of something that THEY JUST DID 4 YEARS AGO as a matter of technique and principles, when in fact, it's just a matter of one's side winning the argument of the day.

Call it what it is, already. Say you don't like his policies and you like the other guy's view. Don't criticize him for dismantling the holy works of the god that occupied the office before him, especially when your side did the same damn thing 4 years ago.

I’ve said exactly this many times. The only side that cheats, lies, and destroys is the opposition. 🤔 Never the side you’re on right? No matter which side you’re on......

• Options

There is a matter of degree, tho, guys. Look at Roosevelt and Wilson. Biden is running at a rate that totally eclipses each Prez since FDR. He's doing four times Trump's rate. See the table here: https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/executive-orders#eotable

I'm not sure that Congress abdicating its responsibility is key, tho. I'd say Congress' blatant neglect of duty affects the burgeoning Federal Register more than EOs. Not that they don't have the duty to rein in abuse of these powers. But so long as they get their pound of pork, they're most always content to kick the can.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

@YankeeMan said:

I hope I'm not being hypocritical. As former law enforcement. I am really concerned about our southern border. There are people being let in and not vetted who are dangerous. Look at how many crimes are committed by illegals.

Trump was a goof in many ways and I certainly don't worship him, but he also had some really good ideas that put this country first.

We can agree to disagree and as was said, time will tell. I do know that gas is up $.75 a gallon and when we are no longer self sufficient when it comes to oil, we will be slaves to what OPEC decides to do as we were in the past.

We can only wait and hope.

• Options

@webmost said:
    There is a matter of degree, tho, guys. Look at Roosevelt and Wilson. Biden is running at a rate that totally eclipses each Prez since FDR. He's doing four times Trump's rate. See the table here: https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/statistics/data/executive-orders#eotable

I'm not sure that Congress abdicating its responsibility is key, tho. I'd say Congress' blatant neglect of duty affects the burgeoning Federal Register more than EOs. Not that they don't have the duty to rein in abuse of these powers. But so long as they get their pound of pork, they're most always content to kick the can.

Too early to break out the extrapolation rulers and y=mx+b formulas imo...most of them typically come at the beginning and end of terms. Nevertheless, you're either for the process or against it...not just for it when your team does it.

Roosevelt, like obama, trump, bush, and clinton, used it when they couldn't push any legislation. Truman did too.

I like it as a tool, but still thought that Obama and trump both failed the people when both used it their only way to legislate. Before any trumpers complain about pelosi or harry ried, remember that the system is designed to gain consensus, protecting the minority from the tyranny of the majority. Consensus often means compromise, but the wing nuts at each end, who are the loud donors and news channel watchers, constantly control the narrative and won't fund compromiser candidates.

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@YankeeMan said:

@VegasFrank said:

@YankeeMan said:

I hope I'm not being hypocritical. As former law enforcement. I am really concerned about our southern border. There are people being let in and not vetted who are dangerous. Look at how many crimes are committed by illegals.

Trump was a goof in many ways and I certainly don't worship him, but he also had some really good ideas that put this country first.

We can agree to disagree and as was said, time will tell. I do know that gas is up $.75 a gallon and when we are no longer self sufficient when it comes to oil, we will be slaves to what OPEC decides to do as we were in the past.

We can only wait and hope.

I hear you with the southern border, brother. No hate with your stance and opinion. I have a slightly different take. Sort of like the Chicago gun laws in a way, I think the bad guys will get across the border no matter what. The only people that you're keeping out are the oppressed. More than anything I just think it's a two trillion dollar waste of money. I think we're going to build it for double of what it should cost, and it's not going to keep out the scary people from our nightmares. That's why I'm against it.

But I understand your point and it's totally valid. it is what it is and they are all good points and we are all arguing for the benefit of our country. There are a lot of ways to skin a cat.

Don't look ↑
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VegasFrank said:

Too early to break out the extrapolation rulers and y=mx+b formulas imo...most of them typically come at the beginning and end of terms. Nevertheless, you're either for the process or against it...not just for it when your team does it.

When it comes to being irrational I am for it just when my team does it.

• Options

@VegasFrank said:

what I hate is when one side accuses the other side of something that THEY JUST DID 4 YEARS AGO as a matter of technique and principles, when in fact, it's just a matter of one's side winning the argument of the day.

I'm definitely with you here. Drives me crazy. When it was your idea, oh it was great. Now the other side wants to do what they wouldn't let your side do 4 years ago, so now it's just a crappy idea. Makes me sick.