Home Non Cigar Related
Options

1st Scapegoat

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Not one (oops, there was one (sort of)  and only one) apology or retraction. They just pivoted to jussie. What a bunch of agenda TDS driven frauds. Their share dropped by 50%. But that leaves an awful lot of idiots that still watch them.
  • Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options
    ...and on  it goes...
  • Options
    BKDogBKDog Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's eerily similar to the CIA operations in Venezuela back when El Presidente Chavez was temporarily ousted and the media campaign (CIA) was in high gear. Whenever Trump says "fake news" that's a very serious understatement.
    "Love is a dung heap, Betty and I am but a c.o.c.k. that climbs upon it to crow."
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh! I may have bought a lootery ticket once that may have had a winning number.  

Where's my dough? $$  ??

:p 
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh! I may have bought a lootery ticket once that may have had a winning number.  

Where's my dough? $$  ??

Where's my dough? $$  ??

Dunno. Maybe you’ll have to go looting to get it....  😜

• Options
    jlmarta said:

Where's my dough? $$  ??

Where's my dough? $$  ??

Dunno. Maybe you’ll have to go looting to get it....  😜

That was a typo when I put it in, and I started to go back and correct it, but then I decided it fit pretty well with how I feel about the lottery.  I always just thought of it as a way to tax the stupid.  Then, a friend of mine hit for a million dollars, seriously.  So, who knows who'll be the lucky one?  I still don't buy tickets.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

Winning the lottery is virtually inconceivable. 

You can't win if you don't play.  

Both are true.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Image may contain 1 person text
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Today I listened to Rush Limbaugh's take on Trumps handling of the Iranians downing one of our spy drones.  According to Rush many of the other sides media outlets were opining last night that Trump & Co. were pushing for a war with Iran.  They then flipped to comparing the decision not to indiscrimanately rub out an estimated 150 lives as retaliation for taking out one unmanned aircraft with Obama's non-reaction to Syria crossing his "red line", saying Trump is indecisive and unfit for command.   

For the record, I see no comparison.  Well, except perhaps to point out that the Democrats seem indecisive on a major moral and political stand, other than the decision to bash Trump no matter which way he goes.  What a bunch of weasels.

I think Trumps decision was absolutely correct in this situation, something I don't say or think often, but when you're right, you're right.  

Now, back to your regularly scheduled reading.

• Options
    It doesn't mean anything, anything at all, until AOC gives us "her" opinion.
  • Options

... bout the size of it

• Options
    Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:
    So I walked in to a book store and the clerk asked if he could help me. 

I asked “do you have a copy of Donald Trump's book on his Immigration Policy regarding illegal aliens?"

The clerk excitedly said, "GET THE FVCK OUT OF HERE AND DON'T COME BACK!"

I said "Yes, that's the one. Do you have it in paperback"? Emoji
    Jlmarta; who is going to pick California fruit and vegetables come harvest? U.S. citizen? Nah, don't think they will. Statistically their numbers drop off dramatically after first days in the fields. Apparantly the work is to physically difficult for the "Give me a award because I played baseball for you." types. So unless you want avocado to zucchin rotting in the fields you may want to think twice about keeping illegal immigrant out of California precious fields. Just my opinion. Thanks 
  • Options
    jlmarta said:

I asked “do you have a copy of Donald Trump's book on his Immigration Policy regarding illegal aliens?"

Jlmarta; who is going to pick California fruit and vegetables come harvest? U.S. citizen? Nah, don't think they will. Statistically their numbers drop off dramatically after first days in the fields. Apparantly the work is to physically difficult for the "Give me a award because I played baseball for you." types. So unless you want avocado to zucchin rotting in the fields you may want to think twice about keeping illegal immigrant out of California precious fields. Just my opinion. Thanks 
    Cesar Chavez' thesis was that if you pay legal pickers a living wage, there will be enough willing to do the work.

• Options
    webmost said:
    jlmarta said:

Cesar Chavez' thesis was that if you pay legal pickers a living wage, there will be enough willing to do the work.
    If they paid a living wage maybe other then illegals would take the work.
    Send every illegal to calalafornia.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlmarta said:

LEGAL immigrants

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jjlmarta said:

What is it about “illegal” that you don’t understand?  There IS a legal way to enter this country, you know.....  
  • Options
    Question,  who withheld the aid to Ukraine?  I thought Congress controlled the purse strings.   Were the Ukrainians already poised to investigate the young Biden?  And, since Pelosi et al have been so eager to hold public figures up to scrutiny, why should they object to investigating Biden?

• Options
    Question,  who withheld the aid to Ukraine?  I thought Congress controlled the purse strings.   Were the Ukrainians already poised to investigate the young Biden?  And, since Pelosi et al have been so eager to hold public figures up to scrutiny, why should they object to investigating Biden?
    And do not forget how long ago the clintonistas suggested hillary lost because of them and their internet bots.
    Who knew what and when?
    Who was committing questionable acts, so far it all points to the democrats.
    Does this go all the way back to when obozo and the DNC knew about the hacking and did nothing, and said nothing......
  • Options

Joe Biden's son Hunter befriended John Kerry's stepson Chris Heinz at Yale. When Biden was veep and Kerry was Secretary of State, Chris and Hunter formed a private equity firm funded by $3.4 million from Ukraine's largest natural gas company, Burisma. Obama made Biden the point man on Ukraine policy, ostensibly to urge Ukraine to fight endemic corruption. About a month after Russia annexed Crimea. Hunter was appointed to the board of Burisma. This sinecure netted him $50k a month. Burisma announced that Hunter's duties were to "provide support for the Company among international organizations." Kerry's State Dept. decided to hand Ukraine a billion & some bucks for natural gas development. At the time, Burisma was owned by Ukrainian oligarch Mikola Zlochevski. Zlochevski was under investigation for money laundering by Ukraine's head prosecutor Viktor Shokin. Biden is recorded on tape bragging how he told Ukraine's pro-Russian president that Ukraine wouldn't get the billion unless Shokin was fired.

Zlochevski fled the country, Yanukovich fled the country, the Prez fled to Russia, Shokin retired, the billion was deposited in a Cyprus bank owned, who'd a guessed it, by Zlochevski, the money has disappeared, Heinz says he cut ties with Hunter when he took that sinecure.

Biden claims nothing was ever proven. Duh! Soon as he got Shokin canned, investigation ceased. It's a jungle out there.

It's the same damn swamp all around the world.

Oh yeah, and in case I forget: Orange man bad.

• Options

• Options
    Remember, it was the clintonistas that first mentioned the Ukraine. Was foot in mouth biden keeping secrets from "her"?