Home Non Cigar Related
Options

1st Scapegoat

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@IndustMech said:
    Joe Biden said "It’s no longer just about who gets to vote or making it easier for eligible voters to vote. It’s about who gets to count the vote — who gets to count whether or not your vote counted at all." On July 13, 2021

I couldn't find any reference of Stalin saying the quote

IIRC, Lavrenty Beria said it. Beria headed Stalin's NKVD. But it's often attributed to Stalin, cause anyone who remembers Beria froze in the Gulag long ago.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, interesting. I'd seen it attributed to Stalin in many writings or conversations, so I assumed it as a given that he'd been the one that said it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

• Options

here's a better one:
    https://youtu.be/RRGjDaaF9lg

sad, sad, sad

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gubmint took my tax return. They sent a letter saying they miscalculated the child tax credit, so they kept the entire thing... They took 5k more than the "advance" child tax credits we were sent... I'm blaming Biden...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options

• Options

Rest easy... Snopes assures us that he wasn't reaching out to shake missing hands.

The Oxford dictionary says:

doddering
    adjective
    moving in a feeble or unsteady way, especially because of old age.
    "that doddering old fool"

• Options
    Deadstroke174Deadstroke174 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was Trump the headline would have been "Trump turns to shake the hand of Hitler's ghost" and the fact checkers would have said TRUE

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

“The real president is whoever controls the teleprompter. The path to power is the path to the teleprompter.”

Elon Musk

• Options

... and today, June 15th, is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day