Home Non Cigar Related

1st Scapegoat

Comments

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    When billionaire NFL owners are losing money due to players being disrespectful, players causing problems, causing owners to lose money...things will happen as they have. If you kneel during the National Anthem on the Dallas Cowboys your @ss is gone! Jerry Jones made that very clear, this was before the league did anything.  
    And if you do it on the Jets, the owner will pay your fine.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a military veteran and this doesn't bother me one bit. I served this country to help protect every ones rights to live in a free in country. If someone wants to protest any kind of injustice they believe in....I'm all for it. This is how this great nation was first formed, by people protesting a injustice. Now it would be different thing if they turned their backs to the flag during the anthem.

Speaking of the flag.....What really chaps my a$$ are the people who disrespect flag by displaying a flag that is ripped or leaving it out in the rain or at at night without a light on it.
    I've asked a person to leave my property last week because they had a tattered flag on the back of his pick up. 

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No doubt, we have certain privileges and rights as citizens, and we owe a great great deal to the ones who fought to preserve it, and especially those who didn't come home, as we remember them this holiday.

But the whole kneeling thing (in my opinion) is just counterproductive.  While it did bring some publicity and awareness, I'd say it hurt their cause even more.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as a person can choose not to listen to a song on the radio that they don't like, they can choose to change the channel of a sporting event because they don't agree with player protest or find the drama not to their liking.

Someone made the comment that players are entertainers, nothing more.
    If an actor did something off screen that the producers didn't agree with, guess what, they are no longer on the show. 
    It's happened quite a bit in the last couple years.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. There is nothing anyone can say that will change my mind about it being out of place and disrespectful.
    Football use to be escapist entertainment, free from politics. Now there is one less escapist fun TV show to watch. My dvd went from the full 48 programs to record, now down to less than 10. Bring back the big red balls, please.
    Now it is nothing to me. I don't even watch the home team.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel said:
    peter4jc said:
      Everyone has an opinion - .

Frequently, and often appropriately, we find these framed by a toilet seat.  ;)
    The trick is to determine if it's your opinion or one held in opposition to you...
    It's been both at various times.  Nadie es perfecto.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    I see the Stormy Daniels case was thrown out of court.  

Scapegoat: 1 / Fame Seeker: 0
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was nice to see that absurdity get thrown out. 
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most media outlets also left out the fact that she was ordered to pay every penny of trumps legal fees.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most media outlets also left out the fact that she was ordered to pay every penny of trumps legal fees.
    That's what makes it so delightful - knowing it wasn't her money, but came from some lefty lawyer and lefty PAC-thingie.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
    Makes you wonder what other bit of theatre they have waiting. Don't forget mueller. 
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    Makes you wonder what other bit of theatre they have waiting. Don't forget mueller. 
    How long is that joker going to be sidled up to the trough.
    A little dirt never hurt
    My gut feeling he is going to wait until 3 or 4 days before the elections and spring something. It will be too close and too late to get on top of it and disprove it. They are not nice or honorable people, 
  • ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ Wasn't that done last time round and no one seemed to mind?

jd50ae said:
    My gut feeling he is going to wait until 3 or 4 days before the elections and spring something. It will be too close and too late to get on top of it and disprove it. They are not nice or honorable people, 
    mueller has just said that the "core" findings will be released after the elections.
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae said:
    They are not nice or honorable people, 
    You are talking about politicians, so what do you expect.
    It seems the biggest surprise would be if any of them actually had honor and integrity. 
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure that he called her ****'s face; in which case what's the deal?
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited October 2018
    webmost said:
    So you can't post the word "****" on this forum? 

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited December 2018
    Interesting.  

Once again Trump has baffled the politicos and the press by following through on a campaign promise.  He's said for years that we should not get into Syria, and that we should get out of Afghanistan.  We should stop building the infrastructure for other countries while we crumble at home.  

Now he's actually doing it.

Unheard of!  

I'm going to miss Mattis, though.  But, the thing is, a military man always promotes the military options and, surprisingly like Trump apparently, I don't think that's always our best option.  

No matter what our intentions in the region Afghans certainly, and probably the Syrians as well, will never see us as anything but invaders.  Just as the Vietnamese saw us, and the French Imperialists who went before us in that debacle.  

Could it be that there's someone in our government who actually learned the lesson of Vietnam?  I guess we'll see.

And so far he has kept us out of Mexico......
    My apologies @webmost, but it fits so well.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What part of “Hell No” don’t they understand....??
    The trump coup is a contract bridge coup used when the hand on lead (typically the dummy) has no trumps remaining, while the next hand in rotation has only trumps, including a high one that would have been onside for a direct finesse if a trump could have been led. The play involves forcing that hand to ruff, only to be overruffed. A similar motive is met in coup en passant, where indirect finesse is used instead of direct.

LGBT Magazine "Out Magazine" Says It's 'Racist' For Trump To Demand Iran Stop Killing Gay People

Where we stand now...

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    webmost said:
    So you can't post the word "****" on this forum? 

Try putting the F word randomly in the middle. It seems to work...
    "Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...