Home Non Cigar Related
Options

1st Scapegoat

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diver43 said:
    Bernie never stood a chance. His own party used underhanded tactics to undermine him. 
    Political salesmen.
    When you want one person to win, you put in someone who is most likely to win, then make them lose and put them up against the least likely to win.

When Bernie was made to lose, they thought for certain that Hillary had it in the bag.
    They didn't count on the american public being fed up with the bait and switch.

They used the same tactics they've used over the past 50 years and it backfired.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience said:
    Diver43 said:
    Bernie never stood a chance. His own party used underhanded tactics to undermine him. 
    Political salesmen.
    When you want one person to win, you put in someone who is most likely to win, then make them lose and put them up against the least likely to win.

When Bernie was made to lose, they thought for certain that Hillary had it in the bag.
    They didn't count on the american public being fed up with the bait and switch.

They used the same tactics they've used over the past 50 years and it backfired.

The Big Poot did it. All his fault. Damn Russkies.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Local news from our sleepy little retirement burg, a man woke up at 230 this morning to his flag burning on his front porch, he extinguished the fire and called sheriff, apparenty he had a couple Trump signs in the yard that were stolen
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who thought the 9th district court would go in Trump's favor is not paying attention. They are the single most liberal judges in the country, they never pass anything with even a hint of a conservative, republican, common sense or do the right thing attached to it. Anyone who knows they will end up there should just show up and make it known they will appeal their case and walk out. I know of no other court whos decisions are so completely political.
  • Options
    Diver43 said:
    I was not a Bernie fan, but what happened to him at the convention was classic clinonista.
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only caught a couple minutes of the speech last night, and the storm blew out our electricity early so I haven't had time to look up the rest.  One thing I heard that I liked was Trump's statement concerning military action, that our soldiers purpose will be "to win". 

Thank you!  That's what war is all about. 

Quite possibly the biggest problem I had with Obama, and the Democrats in general, well, GWB too, is the concept of "Nation Building".  No one is going to ever succeed in Nation Building in Afghanistan!  Except maybe the Afghani's.  Get it out of your heads!  Not gonna happen!

If the enemy points weapons at you, WASTE HIM!  Any moron in Washington, to include morons at the Pentagon, who thinks that one should video the encounter back to DC and await orders to fire should be placed on the front lines immediately.  I'll bet we see a rapid attitude adjustment.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amos_Umwhat
    In the early 80s, the US was on a "peace keeping" mission in a small country and while there was no order given to fire upon anyone, if there were rebels in the area that were armed and firing in the direction of the troops, return fire was authorized.

Unfortunately, most often when politics are involved, the men on the ground suffer the consequences.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience said:
    @Amos_Umwhat
    In the early 80s, the US was on a "peace keeping" mission in a small country and while there was no order given to fire upon anyone, if there were rebels in the area that were armed and firing in the direction of the troops, return fire was authorized.

Unfortunately, most often when politics are involved, the men on the ground suffer the consequences.
    Yep, @0patience , that was the military I remember.  When I was at BAMC with my son, talking with lots of guys just back from Iraq & Afghanistan, they told me that they were being told that if they fired without DC authorization, they'd be charged as criminals.  Of course, I don't know that that was official policy, or just their commanders adding their own little bit to whatever the policy was.  Commanders tend to do that.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    These Bobalu guys are funny. They keep on coming out with stuff like this:

• Options

I had a good laugh at this

• Options

• Options
    Jeff Sessions? 

Strike One.
    I was hoping otherwise, but, look at Yahoo, Motley Fool, Jeff Session speaks on marijuana.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that the marijuana laws of the last 80 years are in any way justified, right, or moral falls into one of two categories:

1) The Ignorant. 

These people are not to blame, they've been lied to on a colossal scale by entities they should have been able to trust.

2) The Evil.

These people know the truth, but they don't care, because there is power or money to be had.

You may disagree.

But you'll be wrong!

• Options
    webmost said:

Ordered the cigar cutter, I do like and use it.
    But with it came 5 emails a day. 
    Earthlink mail spam blocker gets a workout.
  • Options
    jd50ae said:
    webmost said:

Ordered the cigar cutter, I do like and use it.
    But with it came 5 emails a day. 
    Earthlink mail spam blocker gets a workout.
    They do spam. But take a look at their live roller cams. Pretty cool to watch.

http://www.bobalu.com/cigar-roller-cam-live/

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Jeff Sessions? 

Strike One.

I would have put Kellyanne Conway as strike one. She is seriously wrong and out of place.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    jd50ae said:
    Jeff Sessions? 

Strike One.

I would have put Kellyanne Conway as strike one. She is seriously wrong and out of place.
    She certainly seems out of her depth.

Wow, those "Deplorables" / Bobalu guys are for real?  I thought it was just schtick!

• Options
    Wow, those "Deplorables" / Bobalu guys are for real?  I thought it was just schtick!
    Sticks, not schticks. I've sparked a couple Bobalus that were pretty decent. No idea about these. I just think it's an amusing gimmick. 

• Options
    OK, it's no secret I'm not a Jeff Sessions fan, but, as I listened to some of the questioning today I had to ask myself just what kind of freaking witch-hunt are these people on?  It was ludicrous.

Just sayin'

• Options
    The prob with witch hunts is the hunters are bewitched by their hunt. They just can't stop until they kill a witch. Any witch, for any reason, or for no reason... but it never ends without a witch.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was almost relieved today that we had some real time tragedies in the news this morning, am sorry for the folks affected but am freaking sick of hearing how f*cked up our Pres is
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Jeff Sessions? 

Strike One.
    I was hoping otherwise, but, look at Yahoo, Motley Fool, Jeff Session speaks on marijuana.

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that the marijuana laws of the last 80 years are in any way justified, right, or moral falls into one of two categories:

1) The Ignorant. 

These people are not to blame, they've been lied to on a colossal scale by entities they should have been able to trust.

2) The Evil.

These people know the truth, but they don't care, because there is power or money to be had.

You may disagree.

But you'll be wrong!

This subject was back in the news this morning.

I can't help but wonder, am I the only one who thinks that putting Jeff Sessions in charge of marijuana policy is comparable to putting George Armstrong Custer in charge of the Bureau of Indian Affairs?

• Options
    Wait, I could have fun with that,

It's like:

Selecting David Duke as Chair of the NAACP

Letting the autistic kid play with the buttons at the nuclear facility, 

Saying 9/11 gave Osama Bin Laden qualification as an Air Traffic Controller, 

The mind boggles.

• Options
    It's like putting your teenage daughter in a thong and dropping her off at Harvey Weinsteins office for a private interview.

• Options
    Does everyone understand that if slick willy did not smoke cigars there would be no President Trump?
  • Options
    It would be like putting laurer in charge of journalist ethics.

It would be like putting anyone named clinton in charge of treasury disbursements.
  • Options
    It would be like putting holder in charge of the DOJ.......oh...wait