deadman said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Mojitos anyone?  >:)
    Sorry bro, those make me ill. :s
    The secret is not to drink the whole bottle of rum while drinking them 🤫
     ;) that’s why I stick to only half the bottle 
    Only if I had the restraint to stop at half, the Russian vodka didn’t help either, we all remember that night on the Daily Banter 🤪
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White Russian or a variation on it?
    I'll get out my Dude sweater, 'cuz as you know, the Dude abides.
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that settles it. Big lebowksi herf here we come.
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That rug really tied the herf together 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
  • 63Pro63Pro Posts: 38 ✭✭
    63Pro said:
    63Pro said:
    If you haven’t tried one, you need to. The Manhattan is pretty versatile but if you choose to stay historical and true, using a good Rye Whiskey is the key. WhistlePig is pricey but there are others that are good and less expensive. Luxardo cherries are a must however. They are not cheap at $20 a jar but totally worth it. Not sure which cigar pairs with this drink but that’s secondary. Enjoy!
    I really like Four Roses in a Manhattan. Woodford too, it has a little bit of a bite. Althouhh neither one is a rye. Maybe my favorite cocktail.
    Those are great choices! I have mixed 1/2 Gentleman Jack (1 oz.) and 1/2 Chivas 18 Scotch (1 oz.) with 1 oz. of Antica Formula and 2 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters for an incredibly smooth and rich Manhattan topped only with Luxardo Maraschino Cherries! Thats the beauty of the Manhattan. You can go old school, or, something else school! My favorite is still the WhistlePig-Antica Formula-Angostura. I have Old Overholt Bonded and Rittenhouse as well just for mood. ;)
    Huh, never thought of a Scotch Manhattan. I did recently try the whistle pig and was impressed. 
    I fixed one for a friend last night with half Gentleman Jack and half Chivas 18, Antica Formula and the Angostura bitters. Wow! Very smooth and wonderful taste! Didnt quit have the bitterness of the Rye but its just another variation that was fun to experiment with and it turned out dynomiiiiiiiite!
    No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Ummmmmm, oh, is that what it is? Well alrighty then :) See, I didnt know people try to drink the whole bottle of Rum to hide the nasty taste of the Mojito's:D Haaahaaa! Im jusss messen with ya! :p
     I just dont like the taste of em, or those Moscow Mules. But thats ok cus we all like or dislike certain tastes. :)
  • TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    Ummmmmm, oh, is that what it is? Well alrighty then :) See, I didnt know people try to drink the whole bottle of Rum to hide the nasty taste of the Mojito's:D Haaahaaa! Im jusss messen with ya! :p
     I just dont like the taste of em, or those Moscow Mules. But thats ok cus we all like or dislike certain tastes. :)
    I’ve had bad mojitos, in the past and they were gross! I also haven’t had a mojito since the night I drank the whole bottle and then some while having mojitos 🤮
    If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I’ve had bad mojitos, in the past and they were gross! I also haven’t had a mojito since the night I drank the whole bottle and then some while having mojitos 🤮
    WOW! I understand your emoji all to well :D All my lessons on having too much to drink is way back in my younger days.  I'm wiser now  :) 
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    WOW! I understand your emoji all to well :D All my lessons on having too much to drink is way back in my younger days.  I'm wiser now  :) 
    I hear ya on that brother! I have a hard time stopping once I’ve had a couple...reason I cut my drinking back drastically, two drinks a week is my limit now unless special occasion.
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    63Pro said:
    TX98Z28 said:
    I hear ya on that brother! I have a hard time stopping once I’ve had a couple...reason I cut my drinking back drastically, two drinks a week is my limit now unless special occasion.
    So what is your favorite drink right now and why?
    @63Pro Real cane coke 6oz, 6oz water with ice, 2-3oz Buffalo Trace or Knob Creek. Easy to mix up without messing around with stuff, taste great, love whiskey and coke. Or I'll just grab a bottle of Green's Triple Blonde Ale 16.9oz 8.5%.
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28 said:
    @63Pro Real cane coke 6oz, 6oz water with ice, 2-3oz Buffalo Trace or **** Creek. Easy to mix up without messing around with stuff, taste great, love whiskey and coke. Or I'll just grab a bottle of Green's Triple Blonde Ale 16.9oz 8.5%.
    You cant say k n o b around here.
    A little dirt never hurt
  • Usaf06Usaf06 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TX98Z28  Buffalo Trace or **** Creek. Easy to mix up without messing around with stuff, taste great, love whiskey 
    Fify
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

"LET'S GO FRANCIS"     Peter

• silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeez. I'd like to see a list of the banned words (except they couldn't post it, lol)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could go for some excellent bloody Mary’s. 
  • firehouseguyfirehouseguy Posts: 996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawaiian shirts and rum drinks 
    Cigars were made to be smoked, whiskey was made to be drank and women were made to be loved. The only thing I try to age is myself. 
    Yeah maybe dairy wouldn't be so good in the heat of summer.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are we nixing the White Russian?

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Whatever we decide, what date? The 16th?

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White Russians wouldn't suffer because of the heat; it's on ice, and how long does a drink last in your hands?  The milk would never get warm enough to present any problems.  
    "I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the 16th, I'd go along with White Russians.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pissed off Mexicans, half Cuervo half hot damn.
    A little dirt never hurt
    Yakster said:
    I like the 16th, I'd go along with White Russians.
    I agree

• RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    White Russians, going to be some drunken bastards on that night. 
    peter4jc said:
    White Russians wouldn't suffer because of the heat; it's on ice, and how long does a drink last in your hands?  The milk would never get warm enough to present any problems.  
    The problem doesn't occur in the glass. It occurs in my stomach. 
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    peter4jc said:
    Perhaps you just drink the Russian  ;)
    Trish said:
    peter4jc said:
    I'm a white boy. Clear liquor does strange things to me
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said
    Lmao this might be one that I have to join
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trish said:
    Trish said
    Lmao this might be one that I have to join
    Blah, blah, blah........
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?