Home General Discussion

Monthly cocktail vHerf

Comments

• Captain_CallCaptain_Call Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when I first read it, I got the impression you would be making your tequila sunrise with coffee and I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could do a Rumchata Lemon Sorbet.  No coffee in those.... :#

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭✭✭

What...to much lemon peel???  LOL

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • TrishTrish Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stubble said:

Rumchata and Cinnamon Whiskey is good
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Stubble said:

While that does look very refreshing, @Stubble, it also looks a bit sweet for me. Must be a Texas thing.
    Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
    Trying it out. May have to pick up the ginger beer and jalapeno and do the Mexican mule anyway. The orange juice is just a bit too much
  • dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the copper goblets
    A little dirt never hurt
    So Nathan and I were talking last night and it was suggested that we simply pick an ingredient for the month and let everyone "pick their own poison" and make a cocktail of their own choosing using the ingredient. Everyone would have a chance to get schooled on some drinks they may not know about or wouldn't think to try, without forcing anyone to drink something they don't like just to participate. Does this sound like a more agreeable way to keep this alive?
    And as always, everyone is always welcome on the vherf regardless of what's in your glass. Please don't feel excluded just because you don't like gin, tequila, olives, etc.
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Nathan and I were talking last night and it was suggested that we simply pick an ingredient for the month and let everyone "pick their own poison" and make a cocktail of their own choosing using the ingredient. Everyone would have a chance to get schooled on some drinks they may not know about or wouldn't think to try, without forcing anyone to drink something they don't like just to participate. Does this sound like a more agreeable way to keep this alive?

Sounds like a book of the month club, but everyone reads a different book, from the same author.

Plus I have a great drink idea for when the weather gets cooler.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

Not a bad analogy. It just seemed like a decent idea to boost participation. And I want to learn more cocktails. I totally don't do this to justify my alcoholism.

I have a good idea for winter too. It's called stout. All jokes aside, a warm drink for winter sounds like something would try
    edited July 2018
    I'm firing up. Couldn't find an umbrella for my fruity drink so I opted for the pink straw. I'm pretty pleased with the pairing actually. The flavors are so juxtaposed that instead of building on each other, they make the other seem more extreme
    Change of venue. Watching @BlueUnicornTrainer do her thing with a mustang that 90 days ago had zero human contact.
    Change of venue. Watching @BlueUnicornTrainer do her thing with a mustang that 90 days ago had zero human contact.

Horses are so majestic, that's an amazing talent that she has!!!
    edited July 2018
    Trish said:

It certainly is. Anyone who visits us is welcome to my humidor and her horses...and not much else because, you know, Nebraska
    Trish said:

It certainly is. Anyone who visits us is welcome to my humidor and her horses...and not much else because, you know, Nebraska
    Hehehe aside from something to wet thier pallet what more do ya need. Sounds like you two have a little piece of heaven carved out 😁
    I'm working on the liquor cabinet. One month at a time. This cocktail herf is helping diversify my portfolio
    Well it's been a few weeks since the tequila binge. Got less than two weeks to the next cocktail herf. I should not be entrusted with the choice again. Who has suggestions for this month?
  • GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piledrivers.......orange flavored ex-lax and vodka.
    Contest to see who can hold it the longest!  :s
    Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
    We made our piledrivers with prune juice
    Either of those sounds interesting. More so the blood and sand since I already have chivas
    Trish said:

Captain_call here's the Blood & Sand pic... looks tasty 
    One more for y'all
    Doing my liquor store run today. What's the verdict?
    edited August 2018
    I'll do a martini. I don't have ingredients for any of the above. Hopefully on after 7 (in a couple hours)

So what was the drink of the night,  Martin's? 
    I'm having a martini, @Trish. But, I was informer by @Captain_Call that the cocktail herf is next weekend. Hope to see you there.

Blood and sand or the negroni are my picks. Not sure where I'll find campari. It sounds too fancy for Podunk Nebraska. I'll try to get stuff for both
    Ended up having to go to a bigger better liquor store today for goodies. Got the necessities for both a negroni and the blood and sand. Tonight I thought I'd try the negroni. It's quite unique. The juniper in the gin and the woody spice of the campari make for a very sharp taste but clean finish. The appearance is almost that of an old fashioned minus the cherry but far redder in color and much sweeter