Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    Does anyone keep an inventory of what is in your humidor/tupperdor/whateverdor so you don't have to go digging through until somethings strikes your fancy? Or do you keep a list in your head? Or do you like being surprised when you open the lid? If you do keep an inventory, how? Paper, Excel, or what?

I thought it would be a good idea but apparently it wasn't.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    Does anyone keep an inventory of what is in your humidor/tupperdor/whateverdor so you don't have to go digging through until somethings strikes your fancy? Or do you keep a list in your head? Or do you like being surprised when you open the lid? If you do keep an inventory, how? Paper, Excel, or what?

Cigargeeks.com has an online humidor that I try to use. It's pretty convenient

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a couple months of Peacock streaming free with my Xfinity broadband account so I've started watching Yellowstone.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morgan Wallen and Hardy at American Family Field today

• Options
    MrShrekMrShrek Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

@MrShrek , twisted that thing right off inside the wall, eh? How long did it take to get to the water shut-off?

• Options

@TRayB said:
    @MrShrek , twisted that thing right off inside the wall, eh? How long did it take to get to the water shut-off?

I was smarter than the average ogre and shut the water off first, but yes I did twist it two pieces when I was trying to remove it.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    no plumbing job is as simple as it appears to be, and usually means a trip to the store, usually two trips.

I was fortunate enough that it was just one trip. Job complete.

• Options

I saved the piece of 3/4" hot water heating copper tubing that I punched two holes in with 16d nails during a remodeling project. The heating system was drained dry at the time, and I didn't find out about the holes until a few weeks later when I refilled the system and turned the heat on. Unfortunately, I turned it on Saturday evening, and didn't find out about the leak until Sunday morning.

• Options

When I mounted the curtain rod in the downstairs bathroom, I accidentally tapped into the sewer line. Didn't find out about that for a long time. what a mess.

I bought tickets to see Renfield tonight at the Drive-In.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Dug the boat out of the snowbank and dragged it into town to get new canvas installed. The canvas shop has a key drop box (trailer hitch is locked) but it just pulls open with a slight tug. What’s the point of having one?

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got the onions planted.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some seeds to grow scallions. Guess its safe to start them.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

My son realized last night that we didn't sign our tax returns. Wtf. Not again.

• Options

Watch your head, you could be the lucky one. o:)

NASA Retired Solar Energy Imager Spacecraft to Reenter Atmosphere
    Editor's Note: NASA updated the predicted reentry time in this article on Wednesday, April 19.

NASA’s retired Reuven Ramaty High Energy Solar Spectroscopic Imager (RHESSI) spacecraft is expected to reenter Earth’s atmosphere in April, almost 21 years after launch. From 2002 to its decommissioning in 2018, RHESSI observed solar flares and coronal mass ejections from its low-Earth orbit, helping scientists understand the underlying physics of how such powerful bursts of energy are created.

As of Wednesday, April 19, the Department of Defense predicted the 660-pound spacecraft will reenter the atmosphere at approximately 9:40 p.m. EDT on April 19 with an uncertainty of +/- 3 hours. NASA and the Defense Department will continue to monitor reentry and update predictions.

NASA expects most of the spacecraft to burn up as it travels through the atmosphere, but some components are expected to survive reentry. The risk of harm coming to anyone on Earth is low – approximately 1 in 2,467.

• Options

Well as long as MOST of it burns up we should be good. :D

I'd hate to be the unlucky one who gets their house, car or loved one destroyed. Maybe they should have broken it up before letting it re-enter.

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

They knew exactly when and where it would break the atmosphere and what trajectory it would travel. The just didn’t want to let everyone else know so they could gather the debris.

• Options

Leaving for SC in the morning. 11 hour drive.

• Options

my sympathy, driving for an hour wears me out, 11 hours--how can you pay constant attention for that long without hallucinating?

• Options

I love driving, especially down Rt 81 thru Virginia, and 77 into NC. Very scenic, no need for hallucinations. We stop every 3-4 hours for a stretch, plus lunch. Two years ago we drove to South Dakota, in 2.5 days. It was great, except for one stretch through MO and IA that lingered until it was dark, which did make it somewhat stressful. I was glad to get to the hotel that night.

• Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

The northern lights may be visible across half the US tonight