Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat , where dat??

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

Draining the fish tank and dead fish after hydrogen peroxide got dumped in it from sterilizing some rocks and beach sand.

• Options

Cool, looks similar to some parts of Pennsylvania.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭✭✭

Equipment malfunction 15 minutes before closing. Looks like I gotta go in tomorrow at opening and try to fix it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

@peter4jc said:
    My flowering crabapple is shedding.

Someone needs to get married there, and walk on all those petals.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Didn't know you where is my part of the country.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice travel setup Steve.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:
    Decided to build a pen this weekend for a hog or two. Thanks to the state of Commiefornia the price of pork is going to go way up in the near future.

Well, Caliphornia's legislature is creating some whopping new debt for its taxpayers, that money's got to come from somewhere, and they think it should probably be you and me.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Rdp77 said:
    Decided to build a pen this weekend for a hog or two. Thanks to the state of Commiefornia the price of pork is going to go way up in the near future.

Well, Caliphornia's legislature is creating some whopping new debt for its taxpayers, that money's got to come from somewhere, and they think it should probably be you and me.

Well, they’re actually not profiting from what’s going on now. They’ve just decided in all their grand wisdom that they should decide how pork is raised, produced, and processed. The state itself produces a minimal amount of pork; however, it is one of the largest consumers due to the population. They’ve set new guidelines in place that ultimately affects the entire country’s production and cost. It went to The Supreme Court and they didn’t rule completely against the pork producers but stated that they did not make their case at this time to halt the guidelines. From what I’ve read, it is estimated that it will cost the country’s pork producers around $300-$500 million in initial cost to meet the guidelines.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, one imagines gender-fluidity guidelines for pork intended for sale in Caliph-ornia.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I spilled a whole ~200 ml cup of coffee this morning on the counter, the floor, my shorts, and my shoes while trying to get ready for an early morning branding meeting. It's ironic that these things happen when you have the least amount of time available to deal with them. I consequently only had one cup of coffee this morning instead of my normal two cups, but it was a good cup of coffee.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

~200ml? How much is that for those of us who only speak English?

• Options
    Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

Less than a cup

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023

@ShawnOL said:
    ~200ml? How much is that for those of us who only speak English?

Almost 7 ounces. Metric is just easier for me for coffee, it's what my Corelle coffee cups normally hold. Most coffee pots consider a cup to be 5 ounces. I'm not a beast like @peter4jc who drinks at least double that.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    Bet Shawn knows the size of 750 ml. So a bit more than a quarter of that.

Hehe

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    Bet Shawn knows the size of 750 ml. So a bit more than a quarter of that.

Not only the size but the weight, full AND empty.

• Options

Had extra spicy tacos for dinner on Sunday. Last night's my farts were making me almost gag.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,289 ✭✭✭✭✭

My wholesaler used to be great. Then Warren Buffett bought the company. No more paper catalog, screwed up web site, discontinued the products I need and outsourced to crappy quality Chinese mfging. Very inconvenient and irritating. Spent the better part of the day trying to find alternatives to no avail.
    (Rant over)

• Options
    deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rdp77 said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Rdp77 said:

Well, they’re actually not profiting from what’s going on now. They’ve just decided in all their grand wisdom that they should decide how pork is raised, produced, and processed. The state itself produces a minimal amount of pork; however, it is one of the largest consumers due to the population. They’ve set new guidelines in place that ultimately affects the entire country’s production and cost. It went to The Supreme Court and they didn’t rule completely against the pork producers but stated that they did not make their case at this time to halt the guidelines. From what I’ve read, it is estimated that it will cost the country’s pork producers around $300-$500 million in initial cost to meet the guidelines.

Easy solution! Not for sale or use in California. Product is taught to perhaps cause cancer.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is a queen or just a really big variety.

Those are mostly large flies in the bottom, to help with size reference.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17