Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Quote Of The Day

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

I particularly like the ones who do that and then throw the bag in the bushes.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might be slow but I sure do poor work.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

One of my sisters is a big BLM supporter. She says that this quote is racist. I don't see it.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I support the 2nd Amendment. But........."

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    edited October 2020

“If you had a mole of donuts, they would cover the entire Earth to a depth of 8 kilometers.”
    Happy mole day! At 6:02 on 23 October, we can all have a little think about Avogadro’s number, 6.02 × 1023. (TedEd | 4 min video)
    https://ed.ted.com/lessons/daniel-dulek-how-big-is-a-mole-not-the-animal-the-other-one

edit: oh, and it is also National Boston Cream Pie Day!

• Options
    EgoBoundaryEgoBoundary Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you had a mole of moles ... it would get pretty gruesome

(From XKCD author book What if?)

An eastern mole (Scalopus aquaticus) weighs about 75 grams, which means a mole of moles weighs
    (6.022×10^23)×75g≈4.52×10^22kg
    That’s a little over half the mass of our moon.

If these moles were released onto the Earth’s surface, they’d fill it up to 80 kilometers deep—just about to the (former) edge of space:
    cross section of the earth's surface with 80km of moles between the crust and displaced air before space

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think some of the guys on the forum have close to a mole of cigars, judging by the What Did You Get Today thread.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    I think some of the guys on the forum have close to a mole of cigars, judging by the What Did You Get Today thread.

And, if a BOTL happens to slip up and say the wrong thing, he could become a target for any number of those cigars. 😷

• Options
    edited October 2020

As we get older we get tougher. Or else we don’t continue to get older... 😜
    - Me

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jlmarta said:
    As we get older we get smellier. But we don't care because we get immune to our own smell... 😜
    - Me

FIFY

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    “A nation of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.”

Bertrand de Jouvenal

Unfortunately we got to this long ago.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

@peter4jc said:

@jlmarta said:
    As we get older we get smellier. But we don't care because we get immune to our own smell... 😜
    - Me

FIFY

Hey, Peter, your village called. They miss their idiot and want you to come back.... 😋🙃😉

• Options

@jlmarta said:

@peter4jc said:

@jlmarta said:
    - Me

FIFY

Hey, Peter, your village called. They miss their idiot and want you to come back.... 😋🙃😉

• Options

@peter4jc said:

@jlmarta said:

@peter4jc said:

@jlmarta said:
    - Me

FIFY

Beware of farts with lumps in them.... 🤣🤣

• Options

What your net don't catch ain't fish.

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Ah! Rose, Rose, those who would do what is better than good sometimes bring about what is worse than bad."

Wilkin Flammock
    The Betrothed
    Sir Walter Scott

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

A woman is only a woman but a good cigar is a smoke....

-Rudyard Kipling

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sheet in one hand and wish in the other, see which one gets full faster.

Some smart old guy

• Options

Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.
    --Ronald Reagan

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you didn't have the media, most of what's claimed to be "important" would be imperceptible. Meanwhile, the sun rises each day. It does that with or without CNN. which is why the sunrise matters and CNN doesn't.

Adaptive Curmudgeon
    www.adaptivecurmudgeon.com

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

“Who gives a f--- about Christmas stuff and decoration?” the first lady complained to a confidante on the phone. “But I need to do it, right?”

• Options

“The problem with Trump’s foreign policy rhetoric as a candidate and, at times, as president is that he poses good questions more often than he provides adequate answers.”

-Dimitri K. Simes

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    “The problem with Trump’s foreign policy rhetoric as a candidate and, at times, as president is that he poses good questions more often than he provides adequate answers.”

-Dimitri K. Simes

One would expect that from someone new to the political realm . It is a shame however that career politicians all too often provide very few adequate answers as well.

• Options

That is a problem--"career politicians". Term limits would go a ways toward correcting the pandering required to pursue said career.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

So true.