• Options
    PeachesPeaches Posts: 14 ✭✭

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

“To those accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.”
    --Ruth Bader Ginsberg

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't tell your problems to people: eighty percent don't care; and the other twenty percent are glad you have them.

Lou Holtz

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    “To those accustomed to failure, equality feels like oppression.”

FIFY

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

She ain't that ugly.
    Jack Daniels

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“When I was a teen and trying to put it all together, I thought that life was a matter of figuring out the answers to questions and that was that. Now I’m learning that good answers lead to better questions, and that the cycle never ends.”
    Physicist Frank Wilczek

• Options

Beckett’s word for the attitude that he finds in The Imitation is ‘quietism’, a term that crops up in several of his letters and notebooks from the 1930s. And it seems from this letter that he saw quietism as both the cause of his affliction and its unforthcoming solution. It is, as one of his later novels says about religion, both ‘poison and antidote’.

• Options

If you're 22 years old, you've lived through 3/4 of all the presidential impeachments in history. If you're 1 year old, you've lived through half of them.

Glenn Reynolds, www.pjmedia.com/instapundit

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most men can withstand adversity. If you really want to test a man's character give him power. -- Abraham Lincoln

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

I may be slow but I sure do poor work.

• Options

Amos Tversky, a pathbreaking psychologist, said, “You waste years by not being able to waste hours.”

• Options

“When the Master governs, the people
    are hardly aware that he exists.
    Next best is a leader who is loved.
    Next, one who is feared.
    The worst is one who is despised.

If you don't trust people,
    you make them untrustworthy.

The Master doesn't talk, he acts.
    When his work is done,
    the people say, "Amazing:
    we did it, all by ourselves!”
    ― Lao-Tzu, Tao Te Ching

• Options

“Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.”
    ― Lao Tzu

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    “Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing.”
    ― Lao Tzu

I LIKE THAT!
    But it would kill cigar forums...

• Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sticking with the theme...

I kinda Like, just Doin' Nothing, Its Something that I do
    --- Robert Earl Keene

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    -Thomas Jefferson

• Options
    CtheHamCtheHam Posts: 205 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    MickeyD_1MickeyD_1 Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

A hand in the bush is better than two on the thigh ~ Caesar Dias (my father, bless his soul)

• Options

No matter how bad your life is, it’s still not as bad as a person who sits around worrying about the gender of a plastic potato…

oldNFO.org

• Options

LOL, ^ but they are role models for couch potatoes.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leggo my muthafvck'n Eggo.

~Samuel L. Jackson

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

“the Texas GOP’s necropolitics.”
    NYT columnist Karen Attiah, working remotely from her parent's home in Texas, commenting on the premature reopening.

• Options

With great power comes great electric bills.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The difference between a terrorist and a Physical Therapist is that you can negotiate with the terrorist." -- Anonymous Sufferer.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

"A bend in the road is not the end of the road…unless you fail to make the turn."

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's so full of **** he looks like he's constantly gambling on a fart and losing.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis