Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Stupid **** that pops into my head

Comments

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's probably a survival thing. Don't get seen, don't get eaten.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:

@ShawnOL said:
    I've seen thousands of pigeons but have never seen a baby pigeon.

So raise pigeons. They're neat little birds, easy to take care of, super beautiful up close, affable, and squab tastes good. We had several pairs living in our chicken coop when I was a toddler.

Squab Burrito = RYO

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob_Luken said:

@webmost said:

@ShawnOL said:
    I've seen thousands of pigeons but have never seen a baby pigeon.

So raise pigeons. They're neat little birds, easy to take care of, super beautiful up close, affable, and squab tastes good. We had several pairs living in our chicken coop when I was a toddler.

Squab Burrito = RYO

I forget what airline, so many years ago, when I was in college, a cast I was in flew to SLC for a theatrical performance, the airline served us squab. I thought that was hysterical: squab on the wing. We had dropped acid before takeoff, so once it hit us we had a great giggle with the odd concept of squab on the wing. Good times. I still remember that silk skin gal in the fur coat. Funny: I remember her puffies; but I cannot remember her name. God, we were a dissolute generation. No wonder we let the country go all to hell.

Anyhoo, haven't seen squab in ages. Miss those pale blue eggs the size of jelly beans. Don't just take mama pigeon's eggs. She goes heart-broken. Not like a chicken. They're good to eat; but you gotta swap a marble or some such so she doesn't know you stole it. Used to love listening to them coo to their babies. Us kids had those pigeons hand tamed.

They got to crapping on the rich guy's Caddie in his garage behind us. We had some pigeon guy Dad knew take them 400 miles away. That's when we found out they were homing pigeons. Not only that, but they brought back a couple dozen new homers with them. Tried again; same result. Hence, squab.

Can't get nothing to eat in this country. Beef, pork, chicken. After that, you have to hunt around.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

As long as you're not looking for bushmeat.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Got the munchies, eh?

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

The air comes from the warehouse the box is packed in. I once had a belt go bad and cause a burnt rubber smell, and for weeks customers complained the air pillows smelled like burned rubber. I guess if you burned some incense or something by the machine it would probably be noticeable.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

I think the $15 minimum wage debate should be put to a referendum, and I think the only people who should get to vote on it should be people currently making $15 to $25 an hour.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's called minimum for a reason.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    It's called minimum for a reason.

Exactly
    How can you pay so one that pushes a broom, asks if you want frys with your burger the same as someone currently earning 15 00 an hour now?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,804 ✭✭✭✭✭

Politicians don't have too actually make a payroll or live within a budget.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,703 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish the Google News agglomerator would let me extirpate the the "Entertainment" and "Sports" categories.

• Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's the deal with minimum wage:. It was instituted because big business wouldn't pay employees a fair wage. Now we have it and it isn't going away, but it's big business's fault, not the poor's.

Now, I'm not in favor of raising minimum wage in this case, but if we hadn't had MW, people would still be making four bucks an hour. Bet your ãss. And while we might not value those broom pushers and fry shovelers the way we do, say a chemist, I gotta tell you that I don't wanna push the broom at my place of employment or shovel my own fries. Those uneducated and unskilled workers deserve to make some sort of livable wage.

In the end, it's better to do the right thing when no one is watching, or big brother will force you to do so while he is...and you ain't gonna like it.

Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over the years I’ve met people who consider construction workers “unskilled” and looked down on, and they shouldn’t be paid what they are. It’s not until I point out that they do more math in their head in a day than “you” do in a week, and to show me what 2feet 7 and 5/8ths inches is on a tape measure. I get a good laugh, and they learn a lesson. Anyway, definitely not a fan of the minimum wage raise, just as before the cost of everything will go up right with it, and we will be in the same spot. Then the moronic politicians will forget what happened and do it all over again, patting themselves on the back for a job well done **** over everyone, again.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cost of living in Reno has skyrocketed due to California companies coming in, and deciding that "they" would raise their minimum pay to get all the good employees. We are now paying "entry" wages of 14.50 for unskilled labor, and a 1 bedroom apartment 15 miles out of town is going for $2500 per month. Raising wages across the board will not end well.

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^^inside joke...

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    SasquatchSasquatch Posts: 307 ✭✭✭

oversimplified but fairly accurate..
    1980's- $3.35 min wage---$3.00 big mac meal
    1990's- $4.25 min wage---$4.50 big mac meal
    current- $7.25 min wage--$7.50 big mac meal
    You double it to $15 and guess what, the buying power of min wage will still get you a fast food meal.
    If you want to help min wage workers? Increase their buying power by lowering all taxes! Otherwise that warm fuzzy feeling you have by thinking you are such a wonderful person for helping double min wage will be short lived.
    I can see the signs now $30 in 2030 outside your corner burger place.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have spoken out before in favor of a maximum wage ratio cap, say 1:25 or 1:40, instead of the 1:500 we currently have, but the demonic howls of indignation from those who enjoy closer to the 500 end of the deal have always drowned that idea out.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    I have spoken out before in favor of a maximum wage ratio cap, say 1:25 or 1:40, instead of the 1:500 we currently have, but the demonic howls of indignation from those who enjoy closer to the 500 end of the deal have always drowned that idea out.

It ain't the howls of indignation so much as the senators bought.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

@Sasquatch said:
    oversimplified but fairly accurate..
    1980's- $3.35 min wage---$3.00 big mac meal
    1990's- $4.25 min wage---$4.50 big mac meal
    current- $7.25 min wage--$7.50 big mac meal
    You double it to $15 and guess what, the buying power of min wage will still get you a fast food meal.
    If you want to help min wage workers? Increase their buying power by lowering all taxes! Otherwise that warm fuzzy feeling you have by thinking you are such a wonderful person for helping double min wage will be short lived.
    I can see the signs now $30 in 2030 outside your corner burger place.

Taking just the fed income tax: Today's min wage is taxed $300 a year; $10/hour pays about $800; $15 pays two grand. Progressive tax tables guarantee that any min wage increases are a bonanza for whoever profits from gender programs in Pakistan.

Anything we do to adjust these tables downward will be decried as "tax cuts for the rich." Guaranteed.

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

@CalvinAndHobo said:
    I just realized that Texas is shut down due to snowflakes and it made me chuckle.

Now that’s funny 😄