Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Political Discussions

Comments

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    The US and nato should station troops in neighboring countries along their borders with ikraine and Russia. Mildly aggressive but not an in your face attack. Just to let putin know the world is ready if he keeps his bullshlt up.

There is about 70,000 US troops in Europe now. 42,000 in Germany and Poland alone. Add another 65,000 German troops and 62,000 in Poland.
    All totaled there are 3.37 million active military in all NATO countries, compared to 1.37 million in Russia.

• Options

I think the only way Putin is going to be stopped is from inside Russia....The only problem with that is, who would be taking his place? That and what will Putin do to stop that from happening?

• Options
    CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zelenskiy's speech from today:

• Options

With all the talk about higher gas prices. I found this.....The top paragraph is interesting.
    https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

• Options
    WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ForMud said:
    With all the talk about higher gas prices. I found this.....The top paragraph is interesting.
    https://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

I paid South African prices this morning...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why can’t we all just get along

• Options
    NorCalR1NorCalR1 Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paid $5.40 a gallon for unleaded yesterday…

If you want to bomb me send it to Tony @0patience :D
    If you are a newbie I got Dem nachos....

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are near that in AZ. Don't take your eye off the ball as the govt tries to spend their way out of this inflationary nightmare.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    TBonzTBonz Posts: 554 ✭✭✭✭✭

About a week ago our gas was $3.49 a gallon for regular unleaded at most stations. Yesterday, most of those same stations were over $4 a gallon. I found one yesterday evening that hadn't increased prices yet and was able to top off my tank for $3.86. I had filled it up on Saturday for $3.78 on my way out of town.

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least w still can get gas.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

^Funny but scary how close to truth it sure seems.

• Options
    Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

• Options

Another 1.5 trillion will put this inflation in check.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

Well, I am out of excuses, been out of work this week so I signed up to be a precinct committee man. The Republican party is built from the bottom up and half of these precinct committee jobs are up for grabs. Precinctstrategy.com

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know it would be a shame if a bunch of Ukrainian pilots snuck into Poland and stole all their Mig-29s.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three lectures about Ukraine and American recent foreign policies in general. Worth watching:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESwIVY2oimI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsonzzAW3Mk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joe Biden finally says something that makes sense, Russia needs regime change, and the media goes hysterical.

Russia needs regime change? Duh!!! Its leader has ordered destruction and murder of Russian neighbors, just because he wants to. Who doesn't want regime change?

"Only the Russian People can call for regime change!" scream the idiots-at-large.

You want the rest of the world to wait for the Russian People to challenge the monster on his own ground? They've already seen what he's willing to do to the neighbors.

It's raining stupidity.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    Joe Biden finally says something that makes sense, Russia needs regime change, and the media goes hysterical.

Russia needs regime change? Duh!!! Its leader has ordered destruction and murder of Russian neighbors, just because he wants to. Who doesn't want regime change?

"Only the Russian People can call for regime change!" scream the idiots-at-large.

You want the rest of the world to wait for the Russian People to challenge the monster on his own ground? They've already seen what he's willing to do to the neighbors.

It's raining stupidity.

The same people relished in the fact other countries wanted Trump out of office. So their claim that only Russians can call for a regime change in their country is hollow.

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a reason folks had to come up with the word "insane".

• Options

Yeah, I figured Joe would be up for the next Captain Obvious award, but no.

I wonder if anyone's paused to remember that Russian People who call for regime change disappear? Along with their friends and families.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

https://nypost.com/2022/03/28/biden-used-cheat-sheet-while-doubling-down-on-message-to-oust-putin/?utm_source=ground.news&utm_medium=referral

I don't mind politicians using notes or guidelines while they speak. After all, they have a lot they are expected to remember. I just don't like it when they are aren't upfront about it or try to act as though their comments are "off-the-cuff."

• Options

I've got it! We can send Will Smith to 'splain our new policy to Vlad!

Yeah, that's the ticket!