Home General Discussion

South East Herf!!

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
I was just thinking about trying to get together with some people for a smoke and a drink and I was trying to remember who lived near me. I am failing, so I figured this would be a good way to see who would be interested. Also, if anyone knows of some good places to have a herf feel free to suggest. I know there is a pretty nice place in NC... I am down with driving a ways. What do you think?

Comments

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    I'm in Atlanta. Not too far away!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I,m towards the NC mtns so may be a possibility
  • I'm in Atlanta as well
  • I'm down here in the 'ham
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Atlanta here as well

"Long ashes my friends."

• Atlanta here too!!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Virgina Beach here. I could be up for an Atlanta weekend since we seem to have a lot of ATLiens here. Maybe GMill, you and I could meet at your place on 95 and ride down?
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Virgina Beach here. I could be up for an Atlanta weekend since we seem to have a lot of ATLiens here. Maybe GMill, you and I could meet at your place on 95 and ride down?
    That sounds like a great idea. Lets set something up with our GA brothers and make this thing happen.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    madurofan:

I could do that possibly , all depends on pops-in-law and time frame. He is coming home from hospital tommorow and its not looking good at this time for his prospects ( he has taken a major turn for the worse) Are we talking soon or a couple of months when it warms up some ?
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

I could do that possibly , all depends on pops-in-law and time frame. He is coming home from hospital tommorow and its not looking good at this time for his prospects ( he has taken a major turn for the worse) Are we talking soon or a couple of months when it warms up some ?
    Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Gene. I hope for the best situation for him, whatever that may be.

As far as the herf goes, I'd prefer to wait until it warms up a little.
    madurofan:
    gmill880:
    madurofan:

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law Gene. I hope for the best situation for him, whatever that may be.

As far as the herf goes, I'd prefer to wait until it warms up a little.
    I agree, wait until this cold weather is gone for good.

I am sorry to hear about your father-in-law Gene. Know that I'll be thinking of you and yours.
  • West Tennessee here i would love to make a trip to the ATL to meet some of you guys...
    Its turning into a big party!
  • pretty sure I could make the trip in the summer. It sounds awesome! Just the possibility of meeting stars such as maddy, gene, and evan in person is almost too much for me to handle! Haha
    Wow, sounds like this is really becoming a strong possibility! It would be good to put some faces to the names around here.

"Long ashes my friends."

I'm stoked! So who has a car that sits enough people to carpool from Fayetteville to Atlanta AND that we're allowed to smoke in.
    madurofan:
    I'm stoked! So who has a car that sits enough people to carpool from Fayetteville to Atlanta AND that we're allowed to smoke in.
    I have a Pontiac G6 (4-door), and I smoke in it all the time. I wouldn't mind using my car.
    ejenne87:
    madurofan:
    I have a Pontiac G6 (4-door), and I smoke in it all the time. I wouldn't mind using my car.
    Sweet, your car ... whoever is riding pays gas??
    madurofan:
    ejenne87:
    madurofan:
    I like the sounds of that, and I will supply the first smoke. Sounds like I need to get some ashtrays for the trip!
    ejenne87:
    madurofan:
    ejenne87:
    madurofan:
    I like the sounds of that, and I will supply the first smoke. Sounds like I need to get some ashtrays for the trip!
    I'll grab some of those smoke eating cup thingys.
    I guess we can start posting suggestions on where to meet up...Are we looking for more of a bar atmosphere or lounge? I honestly don't care where we meet up, just as long as we can smoke some cigars while we there! Here is one of mine...I have never been here, but I have heard good things.
    highland cigar
    This is a local cigar bar that I have been to. It's a nice little spot, except they don't serve liquor. Just beer and wine. It has a walk in humi with a nice selection.
    old havana Cigar Co But it's located north of atlanta so it might not be a central location for most of us.

"Long ashes my friends."

There are some high end restaurants that allow cigars. We can enjoy adult beverages and cigars in a very nice atmosphere, or we can hit up a B&M. The high end restaurants are Chops in Buckhead, and Cabernet in Alpharetta to name a couple.
  • I'm not picky about where, lets just make it happen. I live North of Atlanta on I-75 not too far from Krieg.
    I'm not too picky but my experience from herfs in the past has been that B&Ms tend to be best. As long as they have a lounge that will accomodate. I just personally thoroughly enjoy perusing a B&M. Considering this is going to be a decent road trip for some of us, the other option is make it a close to all day deal and spend the day at a B&M and the afternoon/evening at a restraunt or cigar bar.
    madurofan:
    I'm not too picky but my experience from herfs in the past has been that B&Ms tend to be best. As long as they have a lounge that will accomodate. I just personally thoroughly enjoy perusing a B&M. Considering this is going to be a decent road trip for some of us, the other option is make it a close to all day deal and spend the day at a B&M and the afternoon/evening at a restraunt or cigar bar.
    Ok, well that being said, there is a great B&M in Marietta, right off of I-75 called Tobacco World. This place has the biggest walkin humi in GA , over 1,000 sq feet with a great selection (me and JZ have found Opus Xs there on many occasions) and nice a lounge area. The prices aren't bad either.

"Long ashes my friends."

• HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Edit.....responded to the wrong post.
    Krieg:
    madurofan:
    Ok, well that being said, there is a great B&M in Marietta, right off of I-75 called Tobacco World. This place has the biggest walkin humi in GA , over 1,000 sq feet with a great selection (me and JZ have found Opus Xs there on many occasions) and nice a lounge area. The prices aren't bad either.
    The B&M Krieg is referring to is very nice and the prices are very good in regards to B&M's. There is a cigar friendly restaurant/bar about 10 minutes away from there in a nice area. The B&M is Tobacco World (Marietta GA), and the restaurant is Baileys (Marietta/Kennesaw). Both are roughly 10 to 15 minutes from Atlanta.
    Hugemoose:
    Edit.....responded to the wrong post.
    You meand you are not driving all the way down to ATL to have a smoke with us..? it's only like a 17 hour drive...
  • Do you want to smoke or get mugged? Just kidding. These are just suggestions. These are just North of Atlanta. They are excellent options, but there are many others to choose from. I usually hang out at Wise Ash in Smyrna which is just outside the perimeter, but the selection is not as large as Tobacco World.
  • 17 hours from NC? What time frame do you guys have in mind for the Herf?