Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    went with the RP decade...honestly, there hasnt been an RP that I didnt like, but this one didn't exactly wow me. Still a good smoke, I was expecting a little more flavor.
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Had me an Arganese ML3 on my way to work.
    Paired well with my sprite.
  • Options
    Gurkha Legend Beast-much more suited to my palate than the Beauty I had yesterday. It had almost a year of age in my humi.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I spent a good amount of time at the B&M today. I had a San Cristobal Seleccion del Sol and the new Pepin-blended La Aroma de Cuba, not the Edicion Especial. LAdC has re-done the original blend and Pepin is making it.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Tonight I had my first 100 Anos and it was an amazing cigar! It was from the original batch rolled in 05 I believe and was one of the best smokes I've had in a long time. After that I tried the new Antano Dark Corojo which was a great full bodied smoke! I'm not sure if I would say it or the original blend are better because both are fantastic.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Tuesdays line up. IT SF Maduro, LHCOF, and 5 Vegas AAA
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    txjayhawk:
    went with the RP decade...honestly, there hasnt been an RP that I didnt like, but this one didn't exactly wow me. Still a good smoke, I was expecting a little more flavor.

From some users here it seams like there are a bunch of Decades floating around that didnt quite get the great wrapper on them. Was it a darker or lighter wrapper?

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:

From some users here it seams like there are a bunch of Decades floating around that didnt quite get the great wrapper on them. Was it a darker or lighter wrapper?

It was a darker wrapper. Not as dark as the Gurkha Titian I had last night...that was a nice smoke...I thought it would be a nice hour smoke...not so much...a bottle of wine (shared with the lady friend) and 2 hours later it was burning my finger so I had to put it down.
  • Options
    DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I am going to fire up a Cohiba Red Dot Churchill shortly.......this paired very nicely with a Rock Star sugar free energy drink!
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    txjayhawk:
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:

It was a darker wrapper. Not as dark as the Gurkha Titian I had last night...that was a nice smoke...I thought it would be a nice hour smoke...not so much...a bottle of wine (shared with the lady friend) and 2 hours later it was burning my finger so I had to put it down.

What Vitola was the Decade?

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:
    Fourtotheflush:
    txjayhawk:

What Vitola was the Decade?

It was a 6.5 by 52, pressed
  • Options
    sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Had a CAO Brasilia Gol last night. A pretty hearty smoke, really enjoyed the flavors or the Brazilian wrapper.
  • Options
    TGOTGO Posts: 340 ✭✭
    Just smoked a habana Montecristo Edicion Limitada 2008... hands down the best habana I have ever had!
  • Options
    I think a Man O War for me tonight. The wrapper has so much oil on it Exxon wanted drilling rights.
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Graycliff 1666. Always a good smoke for me.

• Options
    nub. maduro.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Had my first Cubao early, it was a robusto. Damn good flavor, burn was a little uneven and needed some minor touch-ups, but nothing too bad. I'm glad I got a 5er of them, I'd hate to not have one or two of these on hand.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Had my first Cubao early, it was a robusto. Damn good flavor, burn was a little uneven and needed some minor touch-ups, but nothing too bad. I'm glad I got a 5er of them, I'd hate to not have one or two of these on hand.
    I was blown away the first time I had a Cubao. The taste was fantastic, and there was a lot of spice. I've noticed that the spice has decreased as they've aged though. It's still a great smoke, but if it's the spice that you liked then you should look into smoking them within the next few months. When you run out, you can always go for another fiver :)
  • Options
    I had a Partagas Limited Reserve 1998. Not sure it's worth the price, but it was very good!
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Had a Gurkha Assassin at the b&m today with Redtailhawkoz, and that was good times. Wasn't a bad stick for the price...I'd smoke it again. Mostly tonight I've been blazing my new pipe, right now on my second bowl. Good stuff :-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Last night I revisited the Gurkha Royal Brigade. This one was definitely better than the first, and the first wasn't bad. A few minor burn issues, but not annoying or anything. I may have to go back for more of these when the opportunity arises...
  • Options
    in keeping with the Gurkha theme...I went with my go to Gurk...the Blue Steel. Love that cigar.
  • Options
    Unthought_Known:
    alienmisprint:
    I was blown away the first time I had a Cubao. The taste was fantastic, and there was a lot of spice. I've noticed that the spice has decreased as they've aged though. It's still a great smoke, but if it's the spice that you liked then you should look into smoking them within the next few months. When you run out, you can always go for another fiver :)
    I have a couple of Cubaos coming my way in a DPG sampler I ordered from Ccom. Glad to hear that it's a good smoke.
  • Options
    HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    sweetjd:
    nub. maduro.
    I need to pick up a few more of these. I love the cammi's.....now the Maduro's just need to go up on the Daily Deal ;-) I haven't had anything all week as I am getting home too late from work (2nd shift). Tomorrow though I will be meeting somebody out at a local B&M around noon for a pre-work smoke.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    I've had a couple of the Cubao cigars and enjoyed them very much as well. I was in the local shop here the other day looking at the Cubao Maduro and think I'm going to have to try it out pretty soon.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I had a Reposado '96 Habano gifted to me by the Sandman. Very Good smoke ...
  • Options
    I'll be having a Cain F tonight. My favorite new release.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    having a Casa Magna Colorado Robusto that I've had since April 09....the first few from this batch were rough going. The draw was tight, they may have been over humidified at the shop I got them from. This one is quite nice. Draw is pretty free actually and is burning a bit wavy but not too bad. Heavy on the spice and bit of a peppery zing, but nice and flavorful. Definitely getting a grasp on the flavor profile of the colorado wrappers. I tried the Casa Magna Colorado Corona last week and decided to try this one out tonight. I think I like the corona a little bit more, not too surprising.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    I've had a couple of the Cubao cigars and enjoyed them very much as well. I was in the local shop here the other day looking at the Cubao Maduro and think I'm going to have to try it out pretty soon.
    I liked the Cubao Maduro, it really does carry the sweetness of a maduro to that smoke. I still think I like the Cubao natural a little bit better. Both are great IMO.
  • Options
    bbc020:
    PuroFreak:
    alienmisprint:
    I liked the Cubao Maduro, it really does carry the sweetness of a maduro to that smoke. I still think I like the Cubao natural a little bit better. Both are great IMO.
    Thanks for the info Brandon, I'll have to pick up a couple. I was looking at then the other day, but went with the JDN Dark Corojo instead. It was also a damn good smoke.