Home Non Cigar Related

Impeachment of the Month Hearing.

jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
I watched from the opening gavel. A lot of pompous falderal from pencil neck Shitf. Family histories and patting selves on backs. Nunes called it like it is. If you missed his opening remarks you should make every effort to find it and listen to them, he did not pull his punches. Of course it went over Shift's head, he won't have to answer for his BS stunts.
I hate leaving but I need a shower (probably need another one after the hearing) and then to the bank to put my affairs in order (long overdue) and buy some dog food. 
I will return and glue myself to the TV and the hearings. This is as historic as it gets and I hope everyone watches.

Comments

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish I could drum up your enthusiasm.  I watched enough to see that it would be a bunch of people, half I never heard of and care nothing about reading prepared scripts that have been gone over by the lawyers of whatever party they support.
    Nothing will be accomplished and nobody will feel any consequences for their lies.
    The only thing that will happen is the smear campaign may damage Trump at the voter box next year, if the Democrats can drag it out long enough.  Who I would really like to see prosecuted is Schiff.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    What Nunes said in his opening remarks. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvQGWlvv3LY
    edited November 2019
    You could not pay me to miss Tucker Carlson tonight.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited November 2019
    I wonder if Shitf has enough brain matter to have a nervous breakdown?
    I would definitely Red Flag him.
    Where is pelosi in all this mess?
    Where is chuckie glasses?
    Are some dems hiding under the kitchen table?
    Image may contain one or more people and text
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Looks like today is going to be devoted to Joan of The Golden Arches. Amazing how much time Shitf can devote to his "witnesses" impeccable histories. I wonder if someone will do the same for him if he is brought up on charges.
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost said:
    Somebody needs to open an investigation into the Democrat Party to find out if they have any ties to America.
    Or to reality, for that matter:... 🙄

Looks like Saint Joan of The Golden Arches is another complete fail.
    I hope these "witnesses" are at least getting paid for their travel expenses.

When the elections come around how many snowflakes, efeminat weenies, green haired involuntary celibates, libs, dems and other assorted losers will remember the c.rap pelosi and shitf tied to pull while doing nothing they were hired to do.
    ^^^true that.

The other thing that Washington is sooooooooooo good at is conning us into thinking what they do actually matters (I know it can and does, sometimes) and takes our focus off of local and state issues.  What my mayor and aldermen, and my state legislature and governor do has waaaaay more impact on my everyday life.  I'd have to really think hard to come up w/ something the Feds have done that has changed how I live (other than potentially, the FDA/cigar fiasco).
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peter...Wisconsin relies on federal assistance for 27.8% of its state expenses for things like Medicaid, transportation, education, and other means-tested entitlement programs administered by the state.

https://taxfoundation.org/states-rely-most-federal-aid/
    Okay.  But how WI spends that money is decided here and that's what impacts me.  The Feds will decide how much they'll send and I doubt that will change much. 

Here's a disclaimer... I don't actually know anything about anything.
    edited November 2019
    peter4jc said:
    Okay.  But how WI spends that money is decided here and that's what impacts me.  The Feds will decide how much they'll send and I doubt that will change much. 

Here's a disclaimer... I don't actually know anything about anything.
    In this instance, your disclaimer is dispositive. Everything the feds give has strings. For one example, look at the Dept of Ed. Everything from testing to lunch menu to PC compliance to history to common core to ...

The first duty of your school board these days is compliance.

I remember when Barry rolled out his economic bailout plan, there were a number of governors who opined they could not afford to accept it, because the requirements cost more than they had to spend. There was a fat school funding aspect to the bailout which did not add a single teacher nor increase teacher salaries. Instead, what it did was add regs, bureaucrats, and programs intended to advantage children of certain minorities in such ways that they could ostensibly keep up with the crowd. That's it. More bureacrats, more regs, same teachers. 

Used to have these factoids at my fingertips; too lazy to look them up now.

The wife used to teach at a religious school. They gave up on gummint help cause they couldn't keep up with the cheese requirements. That's right; part of the cheese subsidy required schools to buy X amount.

Someone else here will have plenty more examples.
    Post edited by webmost on
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• deadmandeadman Posts: 8,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love that govmint cheese 
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They gave the cheese but never any pepperoni to go with it.  Bummer.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

We now have new jargon.
    Is he/she pulling a schiff?

Darn it. Going to miss today's "hearings". All that wonderful and grand background information on the next witness. @peter4jc convinced me to get my eyes checked and don't you know it is the same time ole shifty shitf opens up on a new round. I guess I will set the DVR cause I wouldn't want to miss any really important stuff.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get to watch much, but I had an odd moment yesterday while reading about different testimony.

They showed a witness.  I said to myself, "he looks familiar." Looked him up.

President of the student government at my college when I was a freshman.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    The 1st 18 minutes of Tucker Carlson put it (again) in perspective. 
    He did a royal rip on the dems and Shitf. And unlike the dems and Shitf he had the video and witnesses to back it up.
    Gordon Sondland is today's star witness.
    I'm sure Shitf will portray him as a noble hero and the pedestal will be high.
    Problem is he has changed his testimony too often to be believed. And Shitf will block any attempt to bring that up.
    He loves power and sides up to anyone of influence.
    But who knows, maybe he will have an epiphany and fess up.

As soon as the republicans took over the questions Sondlands face changed and he suffered from serious dry mouth. Hmm........
    edited November 2019
    OOPSIES
    Got Caught big time
    They are eating his lunch
    He is back to drinking a lot of water.......