Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    My daughter's laptop wouldn't boot yesterday. She got a new pen tablet and I think it may have had something to do with shutting down the computer with the tablet plugged in, but I don't know. Nothing we tried would work.

I decided to pull the battery, but found that after searching the house and the garage that I didn't have the tiny Torx T4 bit to remove the bottom cover screws. I quick email to my neighbor and I found out he had a set.

He left the screwdrivers in the rocks between our houses and I bravely went out front and sanitized and retrieved the bits. Removed the screws, unplugged the battery, held the power button down for ten seconds, plugged the battery back in and snapped on the bottom cover and everything is working fine now. I did remember to put the screws back in and I didn't even end up with any extra parts.

Luckily, my daughter is on Spring Break so she didn't need the laptop for school. I ordered the right bits from Amazon, they are expected some time in May.

problem with electronics is you can't fix 'em with either duct tape or WD-40. What have we brought upon ourselves?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nailed up some solar lights to the fence. I don't think one of them is working, we'll find out later which one.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

I weighed out two grams of Robusta coffee from India that @silvermouse gave me and I recently roasted up and 16 grams of a Guatemala coffee that I roasted up and fixed a nice espresso shot in my Robot manual espresso machine. Nice tasting and woke me up. I've been wondering why I've been feeling so lethargic working from home these last five weeks, I think it's because I've only been drinking one cup of coffee a day.

Earlier, I set out the mini cones in the back yard and kicked a soccer ball around them to get the blood pumping. I did this yesterday too after my Wife told me I couldn't walk around the block without wearing a mask and expect to be let back in the house when I got back and since I was only thinking of taking a walk to enjoy a pipe I decided to stay at home.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the first time in twenty years, my boss just randomly texts me at 8:30 am and says I can lock up the shop and take the rest of the day off. I was home and back in bed in less than an hour.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

Shaved myself with the straight razor, I normally listen to classical but decided to put on Cheech and Chong Los Cochinos instead.

• Options

got a semi-annual hair cut, still on the fence about shaving off my ratty beard.

• Options

Did someone say haircut?

• Options

looks like the shearing at the local farm's annual sheep festival. Your dog looks about as happy as the sheep.

• Options

City chicken? Is that like City Chinese on South Park?

• Options

I bailed for a while, emptied the dishwasher and reloaded it, cleaned and started steaming a Dungeness crab, fed the dog, now I'm back on the conference.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

Training day (week?). 38 company mandated CBT courses to slog through. Such exciting topics as workplace violence and 8 (count 'em!! EIGHT) on PPE items. Didn't know I needed a whole course on how to wear safety glasses.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to get my garden going tomorrow, finish the trim in my hallway, and get more scotch, since I suddenly have lots of time on my hands.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

My lazy ass will finally pack some boxes as well.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options

You going to put on some shorts or sweat pants and house slippers, Patrick?

I need Scotch too.

• Options

Absolutely not!

MOW badge received.
  • Options

Made a smoothie to share with the family with the Ninja.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@peter4jc said:
    Down by the river...Under a bridge living in a van...

Fixed it for you.

• Options
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Great movie

• Options

Death by powerpoint

• Options

Deposited checks with the mobile banking app after updating weekly reports.

Now I'm looking for a Lancero to light up.

• Options

Well it's pouring like a **** and 38 outside, guess I'll have a beer and garden stuff tomorrow.

MOW badge received.
  • Options

Another fun filled day of powerpoint training geared for the lowest common denominator.

• Options

Sorry you have to sit through that ^. :#