Home Non Cigar Related

"Protests"

Comments

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL
    Check her out on Youtube. Candace Owens.
    She rips into a lot of stuff.

And check out Conservative Twins on youtube.
    They are extremely funny and say a lot of what people are thinking.

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    .> @0patience said:

@webmost said:

And then the neighbors called it a racist hate crime. 😱

My neighbor is a kelpie supremacist.
    Cancel his facepuck account.

=======================

Meanwhile, I would never be allowed to say any of this:

https://youtu.be/fij8TP0FE00

=======================

Life is funny. Right now, politics is the funniest part of it...

Wow!! Super Awesome!! I love her. I pray that she isn't martyred herself.

I tried to tell these very things to my youngest sister, who's bought the whole BLM narrative hook, line, & sinker. When I tried to give her the very statistics this young woman used she all but put her fingers in her ears and repeated "neener neener neener" until I finally stopped talking. It's very frustrating.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@webmost said:
    .> @0patience said:

@webmost said:

And then the neighbors called it a racist hate crime. 😱

My neighbor is a kelpie supremacist.
    Cancel his facepuck account.

=======================

Meanwhile, I would never be allowed to say any of this:

https://youtu.be/fij8TP0FE00

=======================

Life is funny. Right now, politics is the funniest part of it...

Wow!! Super Awesome!! I love her. I pray that she isn't martyred herself.

I tried to tell these very things to my youngest sister, who's bought the whole BLM narrative hook, line, & sinker. When I tried to give her the very statistics this young woman used she all but put her fingers in her ears and repeated "neener neener neener" until I finally stopped talking. It's very frustrating.

Yeah, my younger daughter is all of a sudden very blm to the point of being very annoying. So much so that I avoid Facebook.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

The CHOP lawsuit

For descriptions of incidents which happened to the plaintiffs, skip to page 19
    Tho the whole is worth a read.

As I understand it, the lawsuit stands on the repeated statements of the mayor. Otherwise, the pernicious doctrine of Sovereign Immunity* would exempt the city from responsibility... UNLESS city officials can be proven to have **colluded **with thugs. In this instance, the mayor allowed herself to be baited by Trump tweets to repeatedly state her complicity in leftist crimes. Even in news conferences, where the (black female) Chief of Police stands beside the mayor and says we have the duty to do something, the mayor then claims it's a summer of love.

For that, start on p 37.
    especially p45, line 5

You can't make this stuff up.

==============

notes:

• Sovereign Immunity derives from the ancient notion that the Sovereign was appointed by God and therefore immune from error. It has been adopted in this country as protecting government from responsibility for any actions or inactions.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited July 2020

@ShawnOL , I guess that, in a way, it's a tribute to the work done by the real civil rights activists of the last century. I understand the intention of these kinds of young people. It comes from a place of trying to right wrongs. It's just strange, they think that they've discovered racism and are trying to stamp it out. As if it were a new thing that their elders were unaware of.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

You mean it didn't just start in 2000? If it did then it must be the fault of the millennials.

Racism has been around for as long as there have been different races. It must come from the herd mentality of anything that is different is wrong. As long as there are different races there will be racism. The best we can do is try to mitigate it.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

All of this certainly has managed to bring out the worst in people. I saw this morning where some guy in the Seattle area plowed down some protesters on the interstate.

Ordinarily, I would think "Well, if you're going to stand around on the interstate no good will come of it", but apparently this road had been closed and this guy went backwards up an exit ramp in order to do this. Wrong + wrong hasn't equaled right yet, not that I'm aware of.

Was it worth it? The 15 minutes of fame / infamy?

Looting, destruction, disruption, how is anyone stupid enough to think that this will somehow right past wrongs? Or improve the future? It will not.

It, Will, Not.

Disrespecting other people, their lives, their property, their beliefs will NEVER bring about positive change for the future.

How f***ing simple is that?

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think the retards will vent their anger on RED WHITE an BLUE Budweiser?

@jd50ae said:
    Do you think the retards will vent their anger on RED WHITE an BLUE Budweiser?

Does it come in 40 ounce?

edited July 2020

My wife's sister just called from Minneapolis. Her suburb is turning into a ghost town, For sale signs everywhere.
    Any properties for sale in your area? They get snapped up real quick.

Seattle held 'segregated' training session on 'undoing whiteness,' encouraged staffers to forfeit 'guaranteed physical safety'
    City of Seattle instructed White employees to forgo jobs, promotions, safety in interest of racial justice

@jd50ae said:
    Seattle held 'segregated' training session on 'undoing whiteness,' encouraged staffers to forfeit 'guaranteed physical safety'
    City of Seattle instructed White employees to forgo jobs, promotions, safety in interest of racial justice

Yeah, cause that's not racist at all.
    My work hasn't tried to push it yet,

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

edited July 2020

Gotta ask....
    How many people have turned into racists because of all the racist crap going on?

Sick vandals cut down 9/11 Memorial flagpole in New York village
    THE ‘HATE EVERYONE CULTURE’

edited July 2020

Meanwhile, in the "racist" South, life goes on like this:

https://youtu.be/IyYiV427VDE

edited July 2020

Try that first one again:

https://youtu.be/8qd70alKlsE

hmm, too bad, title is "Down in the woods", same group.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Doesn’t matter to me. If it’s ‘rap’ I don’t understand a word I hear. 👴🏻

@jlmarta said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Mostly country sound, but there is some overlap

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YankeeMan said:
    When I was Chief of Police in Ithaca, NY, a very liberal city, I attended many conferences on racism. At one of the seminars, a black man who I had worked with, said that he hated white people and that he wasn't racist because black people were not in power.

I don't care who you are, if you hate someone solely because of the color of their skin, you are a racist, The college where I teach has a large minority student base and they are some of the nicest kids you would ever want to meet.

Will gladly trade 100 if your nice kids fir 1000 from around here

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited July 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@jd50ae said:
    Gotta ask....
    How many people have turned into racists because of all the racist crap going on?

Nah! That's a straight ticket to hell.

Happened to me for a brief period when I was 14 because there was a group of black guys, officially known as the High School basketball team, really, they were the H.S. basketball team, and for a few months there I was their favorite target. Threw me down, kicked me until their feet got tired, robbed me, repeatedly.

No good telling anyone, nothing was going to happen, they were essential to the team for the win. I did get in trouble at the Pep Rally, coach screaming in my face: "Stand up and show some school spirit you little punk! Root for your team!", to which my reply was "F--- those guys, I hope they lose every game!" Spent some time in the Vice Principals office and detention for that. Nothing ever happened to them.

But, after a brief period of simmering hate, I started thinking about my best friend, who was black, and his family, and the other non-racist non-criminal black people I'd known in my life and starting researching, trying to figure out the "why" behind all this. I went to the library and read all about Frederick Douglass, Uncle Tom's Cabin, finally understood what Huck Finn was really all about, and others. Funny thing was, reading Eldridge Cleaver's "Soul on Ice", I identified with it. It felt much like my own life experience. Some things never change, I guess.

Don't misunderstand me. I agree with you.
    I can remember the first overtly racist remark I ever heard to this day. I was around 10 and it took me a long time to figure it out. And it came from my mother. I don't think she even realized what she said.

But, there has to be a ton of people today that are questioning everything.
    Attacking people, looting and arson are not protests. They are crimes and a lot are being committed by whites. This country is in a lot of trouble and sooner or later something is going to happen that will be a game changer for everyone..

We are lucky in a way because we live in a rural area and miss the city "troubles". There is more "Covid" related violence then anything else. And "Karen" is everywhere.

• jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@jlmarta said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

If you’re referring to watermelon man in the first video, regardless of his race or which part of the country he’s from, what I heard coming from him was ‘rap’ pure and simple. And I may have understood about every fourth or fifth word of it.

Guess it’s like listening to someone with a really heavy accent - my VA doctor, for example. If you hear it on a frequent basis you eventually get to where it’s a bit easier, I suppose... 🤐

@Amos_Umwhat said:

https://youtu.be/8qd70alKIsE

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited July 2020

They are pretty good. Only the one song seems to be rap.

https://youtu.be/bBAeqpGEFxM

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
    edited July 2020

@jlmarta said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@jlmarta said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

If you’re referring to watermelon man in the first video, regardless of his race or which part of the country he’s from, what I heard coming from him was ‘rap’ pure and simple. And I may have understood about every fourth or fifth word of it.

Guess it’s like listening to someone with a really heavy accent - my VA doctor, for example. If you hear it on a frequent basis you eventually get to where it’s a bit easier, I suppose... 🤐

Lol, he sounds perfectly normal to me. I don't have much trouble with accents, usually. 5 years public school in Brooklyn New York as a kid, Dad's family were Canadians for a generation or two after being forced out of Scotland, emigrated to the U.S., North Dakota around the late 1880's or so, Mom's family were Irish slaves sent to Georgia in the late 16th / early 17th century from Ireland, and we moved whenever the military reassigned my Dad, so I've had lots of exposure to multiple accents.