Home Non Cigar Related
Options

"Protests"

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    They trust their politician more than their doctor.

Let that sink in.

Sorry... that's just unsinkable.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

Rule #1... Never shoot cute girls

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone please explain to me why there are people who find it ok for the protesters to destroy everything and then get pissed when the feds step in and start arresting people?

It makes no sense to me.
    If they are committing domestic terrorism which is defined as, "a form of terrorism in which victims within a country are targeted by a perpetrator with the same citizenship as the victims."
    Then why shouldn't the feds be arresting them?

Am I missing something? Is there some law that protects certain people when they commit these crimes?

In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

And don’t forget to factor in the ‘millennial effect’..... 👴🏻

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

@0patience said:
    Someone please explain to me why there are people who find it ok for the protesters to destroy everything and then get pissed when the feds step in and start arresting people?

It makes no sense to me.
    If they are committing domestic terrorism which is defined as, "a form of terrorism in which victims within a country are targeted by a perpetrator with the same citizenship as the victims."
    Then why shouldn't the feds be arresting them?

Am I missing something? Is there some law that protects certain people when they commit these crimes?

And today, it's reported that the St. Louis couple who defended their home from the rioters are being arrested for exercising their constitutional rights. WTF?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess you can't stand on your property and aim guns at people that aren't on your property. I think it's BS, but technically, while the protesters were on private property, it was the community's and not those two homeowners. Plus, right now, the courts are going to side w/ protesters everywhere and say screw common sense.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

pointing a gun at someone is most often considered assault.

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    pointing a gun at someone is most often considered assault.

Yup, and like they say, you don't have your gun out unless you're shooting it.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I'm too small to fight, too old to run and too damn grumpy to put up with any of their bullshit. I'm just double tapping.

I need a range day.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    edited July 2020

@Amos_Umwhat said:
    So, (imaginary scenario follows, don't tell me "that's not what happened") when the rioters are headed for your house, torches blazing and screaming that they're going to kill you and rape your wife and burn down your house, you can't pull out your weapon until they actually commence with the threatened proceedings?

I suppose it's supposed to stay in your gun safe, with the ammo in another safe, until they've wrestled you to the ground, at which point you politely ask your attacker to hold in place for a minute while you retrieve your weapons?

How's that going to work out?

I'm guessing with your wife raped, your house burned down, and you dead.

F**k that.

I'm odd, in that I would have sat at the front door, with the door closed, weapons loaded and waited, recording everything and following everything I could to "reasonably retreat:.
    I would have given fair warning that there are weapons and do not enter the home.
    If they enter, I will fear for my life and take appropriate actions.
    If they bust through the door with torches, after seeing most of these people in action, it will only take one falling, the rest will scatter like flies.

Or I'd really be a jerk and set up loud speakers with machine gun fire, as they entered the property. :D

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m all for seeing the couple get pardoned by the Governor, but please make the wife take a firearms safe class...The entire time trying to keep the animals contained she had her finger on the trigger of the pistol. Even walking behind her husband she had it pointed at him finger on the trigger. I had an incident a couple years ago where I probably would have shot a guy in the front yard at 12:30AM if I hadn’t had my finger on the receiver instead of the trigger. He kept coming towards me until he realized I wasn’t holding no pellet gun... .70 Cal slugs and 00buck...game over.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

When the riots come to your neighborhood, do whatever you think is necessary to keep safe.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TX98Z28TX98Z28 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Randomly ran across this, proof of the trespassing from the trespassers own phones... :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsAB_IKIJNk
    Yes, the gun handling could have been a lot more controlled but I guarantee the couples adrenaline was through the roof! I'm shocked the wife didn't let a couple rounds fly, that trigger gets real light real fast with that adrenaline pumping.

If you quote me do the @TX98Z28 in your text or I won't be notified of your quote, Thanks.
  • Options
    Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TX98Z28 said:
    Randomly ran across this, proof of the trespassing from the trespassers own phones... :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsAB_IKIJNk
    Yes, the gun handling could have been a lot more controlled but I guarantee the couples adrenaline was through the roof! I'm shocked the wife didn't let a couple rounds fly, that trigger gets real light real fast with that adrenaline pumping.

In one article when this started, she was quoted as saying that the handgun was inoperable. Horrible muzzle control, but she got her point across. The media never mentions that the so called protesters threatened to kill them and take their house and live in it for free

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Options

This dirtbag’s name is Isaiah Jackson. He’s supporting BLM by kneeling on the neck of a white toddler. I want you to imagine for a moment the reaction if the child was black and the message said “MAGA” instead of “BLM”.

• Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@webmost said:
    This dirtbag’s name is Isaiah Jackson. He’s supporting BLM by kneeling on the neck of a white toddler. I want you to imagine for a moment the reaction if the child was black and the message said “MAGA” instead of “BLM”.

I bet they had to argue about black or white......

• Options

Yeah, cause he looks like an upstanding citizen who has a good job and takes care of his family.
    He had to take a picture, before going to his mailbox for his welfare check.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is MSN or CNN editing this forum? The flow seems just a little strange.

• Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know this is not appearing on CNN or MSN.

• Options

@webmost said:

Looks like he was arrested;

https://disrn.com/news/man-arrested-after-viral-photo-shows-him-kneeling-on-white-toddlers-neck-in-support-of-blm?fbclid=IwAR0lsOG4FWQy6bm5pxpQNTFl84bG07L1Xd7FAy0qMEbDl2weT8D7dFulswk

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just an inconvenience for him. Won't get jail time. Probably probation or a $100 fine. Or neither.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.