Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Friday the 13th 2020.....no way I am leaving the house today!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,718 ✭✭✭✭✭

struggling to not buy a Leica Q2

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

Power went out tonight. Started gathering flashlights, brining in solar accent lights from the yard (stepping in dog dirt in the process, but realizing this and not tracking it into the house), lighting candles, trying to hotspot my laptop from my phone, etc. and talking about dinner and staying warm.

Power came back on. Drill over, resume normal evening.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options

Packed pipe tobacco from plastic bags into mylar pouches while watching the Hitman's Bodyguard.

• Options

watching Crew-1 Mission | Rendezvous and Docking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hK540tMmvw

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

My son just called to make an appointment to turn in his carry license application. July 13, 2021! I love living in a blue state. :/

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    TheKrakenTheKraken Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brutal! Just getting used to them

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

(my WTF^^)

But, but, the state MUST control...things...stuff...you know...it takes time, lots of time...I'm sure the truth is, underwhelming to say the least. They could do it faster, but they'd have to hire more than one guy, right? I mean, what if they had to hire TWO guys? Think of the expense to the State. Now aren't you ashamed? Thinking they should hire two guys. How rude!

Mindboggling, isn't it?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options

You know, if they had an uptick in speeding or graffiti, they would add more resources to address it. Since the beginning of the Burn Loot and Murder protests, carry applications have more than doubled. They should be required to transfer additional officers to that division until the surge in demand declines. Hell, it's not like it's costing the city or state anything. Applicants pay for it all. If they were to streamline the process they could actually turn a profit.

• Options

Scrubbing two quarters worth of case reports tonight because next week will be a short one. I need sleep, or coffee.

• Options

Trapped another weasel in one of the pottery outbuildings.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t get enough sleep, but got dinner on. I think it’s beer 30.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Breaking in a new pair of boots....Hard work, might need a nap soon.....

• Options

Drying some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake from 2008 prior to smoking it in my new pipe while watching Halloween (1978) with the family.

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:
    Drying some Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake from 2008 prior to smoking it in my new pipe while watching Halloween (1978) with the family.

Waiting for the next drop to grab some 500g boxes of that, rum flake, black x, and dark honeydew...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options

Happy Birthday Jamie Lee Curtis, Halloween (1978) was her first role, she was 20 when she played a high school teenager and babysitter and she turns 62 today.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 hours of overtime and an hour test flight of a perfectly good airplane because Joe Pilot didn't checkto see if a door was latched completely.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Waiting for the clock to start moving again. God, this day is dragging.

• Options

dusting knickknacks and eating Cheez-its. What could be more boring/delicious than that?

• Options

@silvermouse said:
    dusting knickknacks and eating Cheez-its. What could be more boring/delicious than that?

Theoretically, playing Tiddlywinks and eating Bon Bons?

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went on my morning walk yesterday. Leaves are off the trees now and I could see deep into the woods. I usually look for buck scrapes but found something different this time. Two bear wallows. One was 10-12 ft square. We have had a failure of our mast crop this year because of a cold spring. There is simply very few trees that produced nuts and acorns. The deer, turkeys, squirrels, raccoons, and bears are having to travel to find food. I expect the bears are looking for grubs.

• Options

roasted some Chiapas Serrano org. coffee, limbed a tree that was overhanging the shed to get my heart rate up to 90 bpm (resting rate is 50).

• Options

Today will be the first Thanksgiving ever that I don't see all three of my kids. My oldest will be with her in-laws today. Times are changing.

• Options

Agree, just the Wife and the youngest daughter today, having a Zoom with the family later.

• Options

I'm working from home, sitting in a comfortable folding chair with my laptop on a folding TV dinner table with a clamp on umbrella keeping the sun out of my eyes while smoking a nice pipe.

It's taking me back to my last job where I kept a folding table and chair in the back of the rig for when I had to work on equipment with my laptop at remote sites.

The view doesn't change much here, but the pipe's nice.