Home Non Cigar Related
Options

1st Scapegoat

Comments

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options

https://youtu.be/1Ai5KStAuEc

Funniest bit is at 16:15

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hilary makes my skin crawl.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

Watched the VP "debate" the other night. They both comported themselves fairly well, for politicians. KH is quite photogenic, especially next to Pence, and took advantage of non-verbal communications fairly effectively. By which I mean well timed and generally understood facial expressions during any remarks by MP. Pence quite often did that thing that experienced politicians all do, give a pre-ordained speech instead of answering the questions directly.

A couple things stood out. Ms. Harris tried hard to make Trump personally responsible for every Covid-19 death in America. I thought Pence handled it well by pointing out that a minimum of 200,000 deaths were predicted by the experts, Dr. Fauci in particular, IF the best possible case scenario played out. Seems like we're right on track with that.

What kind of irked me was Ms. Harris repeatedly pointing out that "the President knew of the virus as of Jan 28th" and then "did nothing until mid-March".

Hmm?

Has Ms. Harris never heard of "due-diligence"? Doesn't it seem that a responsible official would research the information? Find out what's known, unknown, and suspected before formulating a plan of action? Perhaps ceasing traffic from known areas of infection? Like Trump tried to do, but was shot down by a coalition of opposing forces accusing him of "racism" and "xenophobia"?

Look at what happened when the knowledge became public. People panicked. In a big way. Buying out completely irrelevant items at the grocery store, etc.

What is she saying? It would seem that during a Harris administration the plan would be to run like Henny Penny screeching that the sky is falling at the first hint of trouble?

I assume that there would be a Harris administration, that should Biden be elected there would be little time passed before Joe was relieved of duties either by incapacity or perhaps accidently shooting himself in the back of the head a couple of times while cleaning his pistol.

But, that's just speculation.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I should add, also, that I thought Mike Pence did well to point out that the Democrats solution to every problem seems to be "mandate". They wish to dictate from on high with the most casual disregard to the individuals rights, responsibilities, and intelligence.

It seems that no one person is capable of determining for themselves what's best for them, in the Democrats playbook.

This is why I stopped voting for them.

I don't need a Nanny.

Just the facts, ma'am.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

All of the democrats seem to have sort sort of complex that makes them act/believe that they're our overlords.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    d_bladesd_blades Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Politician of any party only have on solution for every problem, throw money at it. If that is not enough another government agency needs to be formed.

Don't let the wife know what you spend on guns, ammo or cigars.

• Options

Well, we have a new First Scapegoat. Like it or not, soon, every problem in America will be the fault of Joe Biden, or Kamala Harris should ill fortune suddenly befall Joe.

Sooo, Who's ready for $5/gallon gasoline?

The future lies squarely ahead of us.

(where else would it be?)

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll still all be Trump's fault. Just like everything during Barry Obumbler's terms were Bush's.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Count, count, and re-count. Looks like we're finally getting to the end of this parade. I guess you can't blame The Donald too much. At least twice before more voters selected Gore over Bush, and Hillary over Trump. So, lightning can strike twice, why not thrice?

At any rate, there's a new team in town, and they're convinced that they are connected to "the people". Just regular folks, you know. Let the games begin.

• Options

• Options

It's official, new 1st Scapegoat officially in office.

Kind of worries me, House, Senate and Executive now all one party. Sort of a lack of checks and balances. I believe the last time this happened was Repugnicans under GWB's first 2 years. As I recall, instead of making good on all their promises while the getting was good, they just got in the trough all 4 hooves and gorged themselves.

I thought Joe Forty Six-pack gave a good speech. If it's for real, that'll be good.

I think DT did himself a great disservice by not attending. Spoiled Brat-ism doesn't play well.

So, we'll see. Pray for America, we always need that.

Last thoughts: What will Stephen Colbert do for a living now? Can he still base a show on how much he hates Trump? It was profitable, but now that he's not in office, who will care?

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't watch any TV today but couldn't help getting some of Biden's speech. I believe he believes every word of it but don't think the Left, in general, cares what he thinks. Most people just like the Uncle Joe aspect of Biden and are sick of the noise coming out of DC. It's funny... even as a Trump supporter who liked most of his accomplishments, I'm tired of the strife and while I probably won't like much of what a Biden administration does, I'll almost be happy to trade that for more peace and quiet.

The BabylonBee had a great article recently, satirizing Trump's absence at the inauguration by depicting Obama's attendance at Trump's while at the same time he was weaponizing federal agencies against Trump. For the sake of tradition, it would've been good to have Trump and Melania there today, but in reality, I think his presence would've been more of a distraction than it was worth.

It's fair to say that much of Trump's problems stemmed from him not responding well to the Left's harassment and making everything worse with his combative tactics. But the lack of unity shares blame on both sides, and I see it as somewhat hypocritical that the Left feels justified in calling for unity w/o admitting some fault in the current state of disharmony. It's almost like an unhappy marriage between two dysfunctional people who don't know how to talk to each other.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Kind of worries me, House, Senate and Executive now all one party. Sort of a lack of checks and balances. I believe the last time this happened was Repugnicans under GWB's first 2 years.

Obama's first two years?

Don't look ↑
  • Options

@VegasFrank said:

@Amos_Umwhat said:

Kind of worries me, House, Senate and Executive now all one party. Sort of a lack of checks and balances. I believe the last time this happened was Repugnicans under GWB's first 2 years.

Obama's first two years?

Could be as well, I'd have to look it up, memories fade.

I just remember being very disappointed in the Republicans who'd spent $52 million and tied up Congress for a long time over Bill C's activities, which were none of their business, having trumpeted all the great things they'd do if THEY were in charge.

Then they were, had all control, and they just cashed in helping the uber-rich, decimating the rights of the working class, and the environment at the same time. "That's not what the rhetoric said you were going to do", I thought.

• Options

"That is the tragedy of the Trump presidency. So much good tenaciously done. So much good gratuitously undone." - Andy McCarthy

"By the end he was listening to the MyPillow guy lay out plans for invoking the Insurrection Act...asking Trump to adjust his behavior is like getting a fish to yodel." - Jim Geraghty

• Options

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

^^^ I'm no constitutional lawyer, but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express... Those all happened prior to his assuming power and, while valid in my opinion, aren't impeachable offenses as president. His alleged fraudlent election as such may well be though.

Downside to this is if they toss Gropey, Her Puppetness, the VEEP, steps in and the GOP fixes the left's problem for them. I say let him ride. He's probably going to do a Bush level job anyway. You never shoot the lousy sniper.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love that we can have semi-polite conversations about how we disagree on 1000s of topics. But introduce politics and people turn into blood thirsty zombies who have just found some trapped in a room and they haven’t eaten brains in 6 weeks.

• Options

@Vision said:
    I love that we can have semi-polite conversations about how we disagree on 1000s of topics. But introduce politics and people turn into blood thirsty zombies who have just found some trapped in a room and they haven’t eaten brains in 6 weeks.

Ex-Lax. No one here is eating brains. It's just that politics is the most bizarre entertainment we got these days. Talk about preposterous people! These politicos are weirder than Jim Carey in his prime.

• Options
    ForMudForMud Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

My old boss used to ask me all the time "Why are you still here, I figured you would have quit a long time ago" My standard answer was "I just want hanging around to see what unbelievable thing happens next"....My view of politics.

• Options

And now for something completely different:

Give credit where credit's due. I heard on the News today that President Biden has done two things I agree with.

First he's agreed to begin withdrawing troops from Afghanistan on the date that President Trump's negotiations team agreed to. It always irks me when a new administration pretends that agreements made on Americas behalf are null and void just because some newbie's in charge.

Second, he's committed to complete troop withdrawal by Sep 11th. He made the point that Afghanistan's problems cannot and will not be solved by the U.S. Military. This has been a point I've been making since shortly after we ran Osama & Co. out of there nearly 20 years ago. Afghanistan's problems will never, I repeat: Never be solved by outside intervention. At least, not if the last 800 years of outside intervention is any indicator.

So, chalk one up for Joe!

• Options

Eggs Ackley.
    All them legs lost for what?