Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

Comments

• Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, Glenn

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful job. One thing occurs to me, my hamsters used to chew through the metal bars. Of course, their cages were much smaller, and I had them right over the guinea pig terrarium. It never occurred to me that a hamster would kill a guinea pig, but it did.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, learn something new everyday. Well done glen.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

failed sump pump. Fortunately I had a back up one waiting for installation because they always, always fail on Sunday mornings. It's magic that plumbing does that.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    failed sump pump. Fortunately I had a back up one waiting for installation because they always, always fail on Sunday mornings. It's magic that plumbing does that.

Every single time my well pump has gone out it's always been sometime after midnight Saturday. Wake up Sunday morning, no water to the house. How does that happen?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

Water woes here also. I noticed a lack of constant pressure in our water. The gauge by the pressure tank was going up and down and the well pump seemed to be kicking on and off and on and off. That meant there was a break in the line somewhere. I went to the well head about 75 yards across a spring hollow. I pulled the cover and everything looked and sounded ok. The next place I checked is a junction with two valves feeding a outdoor faucet and the main line to the house,
    Mud is what I found. I dug down 39 inches to expose the valves and the main was busted. A trip to the hardware store, some parts and I replaced the bad valve.
    I took a plastic drum and cut the bottom out and sunk it down the hole to provide better access to the valves in case I needed to do all this again.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 26,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only two? I guess I'm lucky I live so close to a Home Depot.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always hated the plumbing jobs. In our area, a list of the parts and fittings I needed couldn’t all be purchased at the same plumbing store. It usually took three stores to find everything on my list. Sometimes I lucked out and it only took two.

Doing the actual work was far preferable to shopping for parts and supplies. 🙄

• Options

I get some of my best project ideas wandering around hardware / home improvement stores.

• Options

Got another buried valve that is leaking. This ones in a muddy crawlspace under a cabin. Will start mucking the fu cking thing out tomorrow.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

That sucks, Roger.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it normal where you are for plumbing to be buried underground like unions and valves that's definitely weird to see for a northern wisconsin guy

• Options

32 years ago we brought the line from the well up to our small cabin, the house and a outdoor faucet it was all buried except for the first cutoff valve I just replaced. I drew a map showing the unions and distances. Buried treasure map? Na just mud.
    I have found a 20 year old son of a friend who will help me tomorrow as this 75 year old is getting to old to swim around in the mud.
    You guys with city water don't have to mess with the stuff us rural guys do.

• Options

I got a well too just curious I'm sure a huge reason for nothing buried except couplings and piping is our winter frost being 3 to 4 feet.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    I got a well too just curious I'm sure a huge reason for nothing buried except couplings and piping is our winter frost being 3 to 4 feet.

Yep. I was wondering about that too. All my valves are in the crawl space under the house. Sure sucks when the heat tracing quits or I forget to turn it on in October.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

Replaced my USB headset. It's taking too long to charge the battery on this replacement (NOS - New Old Stock) and upgrade the PC Software and Headset Firmware and I don't like the fit of these replacements as well as the original but the cup covers are coming off the original and the wires are getting frayed so it's time to replace.

I was just shopping for a replacement USB cable for my headset but found them more expensive then replacement headsets on eBay.

• Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guitarded rip Lous. This place is/was very good pizza. I’m positive it will go downhill due to cutting costs on their ingredients.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicagos-lou-malnatis-deep-dish-pizza-chain-sold-to-investment-firm-report/2626453/

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Patrickbrick said:
    @Guitarded rip Lous. This place is/was very good pizza. I’m positive it will go downhill due to cutting costs on their ingredients.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicagos-lou-malnatis-deep-dish-pizza-chain-sold-to-investment-firm-report/2626453/

The location near me has been hit or miss.

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭✭✭

I drank so much coffee yesterday that I was awake until 4am.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    Trykflyr_1Trykflyr_1 Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

6 inches of new wet snow overnight & it’s been snowing all day. Fall’s here to stay.

I'm still troubled by what I did for that Klondike bar...
  • Options

I have a few more weeks till snow

• Options

Damn, Jim, you going to nitro boost their rides next?

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, a stroller with a beer can holder. Special design to get dads to take the kids out?

• Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,848 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    wow, a stroller with a beer can holder. Special design to get dads to take the kids out?

Yeah! The little one is eyeing that can up!

• Options

@Vision Yeah you really have to watch that one she's just like her mom